Goldy

Turner

Bellinger

Nola

Thor

Soto

AlbieS

I also have Eloy and Donaldson but I don't think I should keep them 

You have some good options and some tough decisions for the 5th spot. I would definitely go with Goldschmidt, Turner, Nola and Soto as your top 4. I am leaning towards Thor as your 5th because pitching with his kind of upside is scarce, but Albies and Bellinger in a keep forever league definitely are also very enticing and wouldn't fault you for choosing either of them over him.

Thor has been pretty consistent when healthy but given his team and injury history it has held him back from reaching his maximum potential. when he's healthy there are few pitchers with more upside and potential than him.  A trade from the Mets and their god awful training staff would probably do wonders for his career.  

Albies followed up his good rookie season with a bit of step forward last season has shown glimpses of becoming an elite option at 2b but really fell off after his huge start to the season last year.  Overall he had a fine season while exceededing most people's expectations but that was also largely due to a huge April and the first few weeks of May.  He is only 21 years old and it would surprise no one if he takes another huge step forward next year.  There is also a lot of good young talent on that braves squad who will elevate him as they all continue to grow around him and unlike Bellinger he won't be platooned

Bellinger took a big step back last year from his magical rookie season, and it remains to be seen if he'll ever be that good again.  He certainly has the tools to be, but also as last year showed he has many holes that need to be fixed and adjusted.  He is only 23 years old, so he may very well bounce back after his sophomore slump but it is also far from a given.  Given the way the Dodgers like to platoon players could also end up capping his value and hurting his development in the near future.

If I were you I would try to make a trade packaging some combo of Thor, Albies and Bellinger and even Jimmenez to a team that might be a little more starved for young talent for a bonafide first/second round option.  If not I'd say keep Thor or Albies depending on if you prefer pitching or offense and toss back Bellinger a much as it may sting to do so.

• Like 1

Wow! Amazing feedback and analysis. Thank you so much! Can't believe you only have 23 posts in the forums hahaha. Thanks we need more people like you!

2 hours ago, dannyusf said:

Wow! Amazing feedback and analysis. Thank you so much! Can't believe you only have 23 posts in the forums hahaha. Thanks we need more people like you!

Haha, thank you.  I will try and be a bit more active.  Also I assumed the Turner you were referring too was Trea and not Justin, but I probably should have asked that before posting.  If it is Justin, I would go with Thor and Albies.

Goldy Soto nola Turner locks   

Bellinger is overrated not a big fan

So it's between albies or thor

I could go either way on this

I think it's Goldy, Nola, Thor, Soto, And Eloy.

Nola and Thor are elite for easily next few years at least on top of your staff. That's tough for anybody to continually match up against. Just don't draft some PoS with whip of 1.55. 

Goldy at a dwindling 1b spot is key to have locked up pre draft. That makes you strong at 1B and SP. That's key since I have a much more easy time finding infielders to help specific areas or have versatility, rather than needing a 1B or SP when X amount of guys are gone from the draft.

Juan Soto and Eloy Jimenez could likely be the best guys you own in a year. They both are elite hitters with OPS around .950s and BA of .300 + consistently at every level.  

Your core could be Nola, Thor, Soto, Jimimez , and goldy for prolly 2 more years. 

On 12/4/2018 at 11:17 AM, dannyusf said:

12 team standard h2h 10 categories keep 5 forever

Goldy

Turner

Bellinger

Nola

Thor

Soto

AlbieS

I also have Eloy and Donaldson but I don't think I should keep them 

Assuming that is Trea not Justin. 

Goldy, Turner, Nola, Soto, Albies.   To me, you win in baseball a lot of times up the middle, when my teams have been good I can usually point to strong production from those spots.  Albies and Turner is a great foundation there.  

I might also try to see what packages there would be.  Guys like Eloy are always too tempting for some to pass up.   With only 5 keepers might be tough, its doubtful someone doesnt have 5 decent ones, but sometimes people overvalue the youth and hype.  

8 hours ago, zstlj said:

I think it's Goldy, Nola, Thor, Soto, And Eloy. 

No way IMO you keep Eloy over Turner at this point.  Category league, Turner is a difference maker in SB's when they have become scarce.  Throw in around 20 hr's with 100 runs, he is a must keep.  We know nothing about Eloy except he is a great MINOR league hitter.  He SHOULD be very good, but we know already that Turner IS very good.  I do agree with the other 4 though.  So my 5 would be Turner, Soto, Goldy, Thor and Nola

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 10:17 PM, zstlj said:

I think it's Goldy, Nola, Thor, Soto, And Eloy

I like Eloy too, but it makes no sense to keep Eloy over Trea Turner?

36 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

I like Eloy too, but it makes no sense to keep Eloy over Trea Turner?

Keeper league forever....its debatable 

I think Goldy, Turner, Nola and Soto are you slam dunk top 4 for sure.

A case can be made for your 5th keeper between Bellinger, Albies, Thor and Eloy. Since it's a keeper forever league then you should pick whoever you think will have the longest and most productive career. I'm personally having a tough time with the 5th keeper. I would try and package them up in a trade for a young/stud player already ranked in the top 30 if possible. Although, I'd say you're in the driver seat with your 5th keeper because you have a lot to choose from.

I would try to move Goldy at this point, he's 31 and i'm not sure St. Louis is going to pad his stats. I'm leaning towards you trading him and Albies/Thor for someone else

So that you would keep

(player you acquire in trade, preferably younger)

Turner

Nola

Soto

Thor/Eloy/Albies (depending who's left from the trade)