absknicks

Aaron Judge 2019 Outlook

Possibility of rehab games this weekend. Maybe we could see him against Houston at the end of next week or the Toronto series after that!

Played first rehab game in AAA last night. 0 for 4 with 3 Ks. He hasn't played in real game in a long while so I would expect his timing to be off. Just glad he is healthy finally.

• Like 1

In AAA rehab game tonight, 1 for 2. A bomb and 2 walks.

Ok, he's ready. Bring him back now, please. Astros on deck for crying out loud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone worried about Judge as his own words were he won't be %100 again ROS ?

I'm not asking because of a few lousy games back so far. However for the ROS, curious if anyone thinks he'll be kind of a letdown. Would seem hard to to be a letdown in that stacked lineup but who knows.

My memory has escaped me, as far as other players with the same sort of injury Judge had and how they produced once returning to the lineup. Not to get too benchy but lots of owners are interested in him, trying to decide if he'll have a decent second half or if some of you guys have considered moving him. 

Aaron Judge is trade material. if he starts getting hot sell him if you can. he is injured so much. guys like Harper, Judge, Machado are all going to have value decrease and already are.

Edited by mlb2019
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, tonywow said:

I'm not asking because of a few lousy games back so far. However for the ROS, curious if anyone thinks he'll be kind of a letdown. Would seem hard to to be a letdown in that stacked lineup but who knows.

My memory has escaped me, as far as other players with the same sort of injury Judge had and how they produced once returning to the lineup. Not to get too benchy but lots of owners are interested in him, trying to decide if he'll have a decent second half or if some of you guys have considered moving him. 

Same injury happened to carlos beltran who was the one that said it would hurt for the rest of the year.  He DID hit well after the injury that same year though.  The lineup alone and his position in it is enough alone to contribute significsntly. Even if he has a bad ros. As far as trading him (not to be benchy) id say if you're cruising then do it as there is still some uncertsinty.  If you need a lot of things to go right then i wouldnt since its likely selling low.

Edited by Cesare13
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 8:01 AM, Cesare13 said:

Same injury happened to carlos beltran who was the one that said it would hurt for the rest of the year.  He DID hit well after the injury that same year though.  The lineup alone and his position in it is enough alone to contribute significsntly. Even if he has a bad ros. As far as trading him (not to be benchy) id say if you're cruising then do it as there is still some uncertsinty.  If you need a lot of things to go right then i wouldnt since its likely selling low.

Yeah agree with this completely. If you're already a contender without him trading him now to raise your floor but lower your ceiling makes alot of sense. If sitting outside the playoffs praying Judge starts banging Hr's makes since.

The other side of the coin is you may not be selling that low right now. Judge did just come back from injury he hasnt shown enough to us to say to leagues mates hes not right. You could very well be selling high if hes not 100% all year or a high reinjury risk. 

On 6/23/2019 at 5:31 PM, tonywow said:

Well considering players are always overly optimistic about their health that is a 🚩.  Saying he won't be 100% means he probably will be 80%.  Still a good player.

That top of the lineup is already becoming crowded though.  

What a bad year to own judge. Hasn't been a huge contributor or difference make on my team at any point of the season. Doesn't look like he's going to finish big either. 

11 minutes ago, tonywow said:

What a bad year to own judge. Hasn't been a huge contributor or difference make on my team at any point of the season. Doesn't look like he's going to finish big either. 

buy low

He definitely doesn't look good right now. The power outage is pretty alarming. 

GB% by year:

2017: 34.9%

2018: 41.7%

2019: 43.7%

Troubling trend. That's way too many groundballs for a power hitter who already strikes out a lot. Needs to get his batted balls in the air or else a lot of that raw power goes to waste. 

• Like 1

anyone sitting this guy? I’m starting to think  what was  previously unthinkable to me,  Hard to do with so much invested, such a plum lineup spot and nothing close in comparable talent on the wire, but he has been awful.

1 hour ago, Cesare13 said:

anyone sitting this guy? I’m starting to think  what was  previously unthinkable to me,  Hard to do with so much invested, such a plum lineup spot and nothing close in comparable talent on the wire, but he has been awful.

It's been a brutal season. He has serious flaws right now that he needs to sort out. The GB% has been going up and up ever since 2017 and he hasn't cut into the K% at all.

The one good thing is he's shown the ability to make major adjustments in the past. 

He's hurt.

Might be some value next season with his ADP.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, B&F said:

He's hurt.

Might be some value next season with his ADP.

He had a major oblique injury which I’m sure is still affecting his swing and probably will the rest of the season. Even if the injury itself is 100% healed, there is still the mental component.