ST. STEVEN

Week 14 Weather Outlook

Recommended Posts

Fantasy playoffs and lots of cold weather games this week...I know it's gonna be freezing here in Wisco!

One weather related issue I am seeing is potential heavy rains and wind in Tampa, could be enough to affect passing and kicking game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Wind is the only weather that matters in regards to fantasy.

 

Stillers /Dolphins 'bout a decade ago in Miami ... light wind, but very heavy rain - so much so that one punt ended with the ball sticking straight up in the muck after it "landed".

 

the final score was 3-0.

 

care to revise your statement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Wind is the only weather that matters in regards to fantasy.

 

Various weather can have an impact on fantasy. Wind is one of them but certainly not the only one.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposed to be some heavy rain and thunderstorms in Tampa on Sunday for the Saints @ Bucs game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ADDwithFF said:

 

Various weather can have an impact on fantasy. Wind is one of them but certainly not the only one.  

 

Aside from extreme circumstances like a complete white out, yes it is. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, yanksman said:

 

it's comforting to know that in these uncertain/trying times that we can always, always, always count on the weather folk to be bastions of truth and accuracy. 

 

whether (see whut i did thar?) it be a rotund fella or a leggy lass or a crazy chief - no one EVER gets it wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Aside from extreme circumstances like a complete white out, yes it is. 

 

 

 

so you don't think a heavy rain is going to affect throwing the ball and cutting on a wet field? Ohhhkkk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Aside from extreme circumstances like a complete white out, yes it is. 

 

 

 More than that. Even less than extreme weather can change a game plan and with a changed game plan comes impact to fantasy.... the change can benefit or hurt certain positions. There is a lot of data out there if someone wants to go deeper but bottom line is that weather can be a factor and should not be ignored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

 

so you don't think a heavy rain is going to affect throwing the ball and cutting on a wet field? Ohhhkkk.

 

Dmb has been giving some weird hot-takes today. Of course heavy rain, heavy snow and extreme cold will effect a passing game. I think his point, which has been discussed by many experts, is that a light/moderate rain generally won't hurt a QBs production. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bish0p said:

 

so you don't think a heavy rain is going to affect throwing the ball and cutting on a wet field? Ohhhkkk.

 

Yes, It helps out WRs because they know where they are going and the secondary doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

Dmb has been giving some weird hot-takes today. Of course heavy rain, heavy snow and extreme cold will effect a passing game. I think his point, which has been discussed by many experts, is that a light/moderate rain generally won't hurt a QBs production. 

 

Source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at work but there is an good article about this, I'll try to track down when I am out. But the conclusion is that wind is the only weather with serious fantasy implication.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Land Of Real Beer said:

 

2obxp7.jpg

 

I wish we could fire every NFL announcer, and just have clones of Booger McFarland zip around above every game, providing insights and commentary from the comfort of a jet-pack-chair. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

I'm at work but there is an good article about this, I'll try to track down when I am out. But the conclusion is that wind is the only weather with serious fantasy implication.

 

 

 

So you have access to RW forums at work but not the weather article?   

 

Sorry to bust your balls but sometimes it's best just to let it go and admit when you are wrong. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Miami weather forecasts are calling for heavy rain and thunderstorms w/ 15-20 mph winds, with winds gusting up to 25-30 mph in spots. 

 

Granted the weather in FL changes on a dime, but that forecast sounds dog s--- for the passing game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am loving that for the Patriost D/ST!!!

 

10 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

In Miami weather forecasts are calling for heavy rain and thunderstorms w/ 15-20 mph winds, with winds gusting up to 25-30 mph in spots. 

 

Granted the weather in FL changes on a dime, but that forecast sounds dog s--- for the passing game. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wind has a major influrence on the game i completely agree...but I've also never seen a running back slip on a juke or a cut, a wr slip on a route, a defender slip trying to change direction, a qb slip on his drop back, or a football be harder to hold because of wind.  Maybe on Jupiter...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wind is the most important from a QB/passing game standpoint, but heavy rain (MUCH more so on grass than turf) can also severely affect a game.  Footing can be an issue and the ball becomes heavier as it gets wet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Wind is the most important from a QB/passing game standpoint, but heavy rain (MUCH more so on grass than turf) can also severely affect a game.  Footing can be an issue and the ball becomes heavier as it gets wet.

 

The reason they say rain doesn’t negatively effect the passing game due to footing is because if a WR slips and falls down, the QB won’t pass to him so no harm. If a defender slips and falls down, then the WR is now open for an easy catch. 

 

I don’t know how much stock I put in to that, and I dunno how much stock I put in to the analytics that have measured performance in rainy games. If I see that there is rain in the forecast I used that to help negatively weigh my decisions on starting players in those games, because common sense says that its harder to catch and handle wet balls. Anybody that has ever played football would say the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was tuned into one of the news feeds I follow on Sirius radio in the car and it was being discussed. I own Jules and am considering rolling the rocks on Pettis bc of this development. Pats been leaning on the run the last two weeks and Burkhead is back in the mix forming hoodys vaunted three headed attack. 

 

I'm gonna watch the weather daily and see how it goes like the price I would on a bet I like. If it's ****sville down there, I'm avoiding it If and where I can. 

 

I like to fire up guys not playing in low key tropical storms. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.