AnonymousRob

Walker Buehler 2019 Outlook

Last night was going along just fine, then couldnt get through the 5th unscathed and ended up not much helping ERA or getting a QS for those in leagues that use them.  He did get the win and have over a K.  His avg fastball is 4th best in the league in a stat I heard following the game last night.  They had Turner off the line against Posey, I think pitch was supposed to go away, ball came back over the middle and he yanked hard shot down the line, if Turner was in normal spot he probably stops it and if fields clean its a 5-4-3 double play, instead its a double down the line, runner from 3rd scored and then Posey ended up scoring, so 5 1/3 and 3 runs instead of maybe 1.  

Its baby steps right now but for those who made investment to this guy as P1 or high end P2, its not quite coming quick enough. 

LOL... a WHOLE lotta excuses being thrown around as the calendar strikes May and this guy is apparently pitching "spring training" while pitching mostly duds, save for 1 game 

Admittedly, I have not watched, but pure stat review has me concerned about low K's and low K/BB, but everyone (including Pitcherlist) is seemingly giving him a "pass" so it's making me give a longer look about a potential buy-low 

also, isn't he on an innings limit?

2 hours ago, midlip said:

LOL... a WHOLE lotta excuses being thrown around as the calendar strikes May and this guy is apparently pitching "spring training" while pitching mostly duds, save for 1 game 

Admittedly, I have not watched, but pure stat review has me concerned about low K's and low K/BB, but everyone (including Pitcherlist) is seemingly giving him a "pass" so it's making me give a longer look about a potential buy-low 

also, isn't he on an innings limit?

You will not be able to "buy low" on Walker. Period.

14 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

You will not be able to "buy low" on Walker. Period.

You're telling me that someone can't buy low on Buehler in a redraft? I find this hard to believe. 

Will not get him off me for a low ball offer. Keeper or redraft. I won't judge after only a month. If so then Bellinger is worth Trout and Betts combined.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

You're telling me that someone can't buy low on Buehler in a redraft? I find this hard to believe. 

That is exactly what I'm saying. If you drafted Walker this year,  (redraft) it was with a very high pick or considerable $ spent @ auction... the reason for this was his incredible 2018 and his obvious easy 100mph talent. Who would bail on him after one month when his missed spring training? A perenial last place team I guess, but 99+% of owners are holding very very tight. If he's horrible @ Allstar break, then redraft owners may be selling, but not now or in the near future.  

3 hours ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

I tried. Didn't work.

In Dynasty I would not trade any player for him.  Including Vlad Jr.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Walker B had a Solid start last night. He was doing good through 5 innings and then let up 3 runs between the 6th and the 7th. 

He did say he fixed an issue with his mechanics prior to the Braves game.

“I feel great. Kind of figured some stuff out mechanically. I’d been searching for it a little bit, so obviously a step forward for us.”

Great stat line. How'd he look? He was dotting it up last time out and got foiled in his last inning. Curious if he looked his same dominant self tonight.

9 minutes ago, roscobangs said:

Great stat line. How'd he look? He was dotting it up last time out and got foiled in his last inning. Curious if he looked his same dominant self tonight.

I stopped watching when he loaded the bases w/no outs in the 1st inning - you're all welcome.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I stopped watching when he loaded the bases w/no outs in the 1st inning - you're all welcome.

He escaped a jam early but he finished strong. After the first inning he only gave up 2 hits in 6 innings. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

He escaped a jam early but he finished strong. After the first inning he only gave up 2 hits in 6 innings. 

Yep - I swear when I watch my own pitchers their combined lifetime ratios are somewhere around 14.86ERA/12.2 WHIP. 

That's why my own personal superstition tells me I am not allowed to view my pitchers play.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aside from the 1st inning he completely dominated the Nats. He is quickly rounding into the ace we all thought he would be. 

• Like 1

Why did they push back his start to tomorrow night?? He was set to face SF and now he has to face COL?? I want my money back.

33 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Why did they push back his start to tomorrow night?? He was set to face SF and now he has to face COL?? I want my money back.

While I'm sure that all of us would rather have him facing off against SF, they're essentially the same teams on the road

.224/.294/.387

.233/.284/.391

I won't even bother saying which team is which because it doesn't matter 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Walker is matchup proof at this point 

Plus, Story will definitely be out [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

4 starts in the month of June.

31 innings, 42 K's, 3 Earned Runs, 12 Hits allowed with only 1 Walk. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

4 starts in the month of June.

31 innings, 42 K's, 3 Earned Runs, 12 Hits allowed with only 1 Walk. 

:wub:

3 bombs on 12 hits. still room for growth.

the only way to score on him is by taking one of his few mistakes out of the park.

Edited by FritzLn

3 hours ago, FritzLn said:

:wub:

3 bombs on 12 hits. still room for growth.

the only way to score on him is by taking one of his few mistakes out of the park.

that seems to be the new age approach to hitting these days. It's all or nothing for most ball players now so it isn't a knock on Buehler. Allowing a few solo homers is to be expected.

Edited by Cdub2k
  • Thanks 1