AnonymousRob

Walker Buehler 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

maybe they give him an extra day or so in between starts or only let him go 5-6 inn but I don't feel like they will just skip his start in the rotation. just my opinion. I wouldn't want to mess with him giving him 10 days off. sp are creatures of habit

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

maybe they give him an extra day or so in between starts or only let him go 5-6 inn but I don't feel like they will just skip his start in the rotation. just my opinion. I wouldn't want to mess with him giving him 10 days off. sp are creatures of habit

Agree, and that is why I mentioned "a little concerned", I agree they wont want him rusty for the playoffs but an extra day, maybe not as deep in games, etc.  

What the heck happened to him against the Marlins NL-worst offense?  Just an aberration or is there a real reason to worry about him hitting a wall since he's never thrown this many innings before?  It was so unusual to see Buehler look so bad against anyone, let alone the worst offense in the league.

36 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

What the heck happened to him against the Marlins NL-worst offense?  Just an aberration or is there a real reason to worry about him hitting a wall since he's never thrown this many innings before?  It was so unusual to see Buehler look so bad against anyone, let alone the worst offense in the league.

I dunno.  He is an ace no doubt but he might just not be in the discussion for best pitcher in the league like I thought he might be.

Still young.

35 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

I think he might be a head case. It just seems in a few outings he is not mentally checked in. He has all the stuff in the world but if you don’t have it upstairs you can only get so far on stuff. Just my .02 he is still young and learning that aspect of the game and when that catches up to his ability watch out. Until then he will have starts where we are all left scratching our head.

56 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

I think he might be a head case. It just seems in a few outings he is not mentally checked in. He has all the stuff in the world but if you don’t have it upstairs you can only get so far on stuff. Just my .02 he is still young and learning that aspect of the game and when that catches up to his ability watch out. Until then he will have starts where we are all left scratching our head.

While the Miami start made no sense and was a surprise to everybody (probably Miami included), Buehler still is dominant far more than he isn't.  He's a guy you put in there without a second thought, and most of the time you'll get a great start.  Everybody has a start that leaves you scratching your head.  This isn't the first time Miami has done this to a good pitcher (even if they suck horribly), and it also happened to arguably the best (or second best) pitcher in all of baseball last Sunday when Verlander had a bad start against Baltimore of all teams.

I don't own him, btw, so no bias there.

• Like 2

He starts Tuesday.....but will he get the 2nd start the following Sunday?

On 9/7/2019 at 8:10 PM, whips02 said:

He starts Tuesday.....but will he get the 2nd start the following Sunday?

CBS says he is only expected to make 3 more starts the entire rest of the regular season.  With three weeks left that would be 1 per week.  So I am guessing his Sunday start will be pushed to next Tuesday.  You have to start him anyways but would be nice to get two starts in the playoffs.  If he does get pushed back again to next Tuesday, he won't get two starts that week either as the Dodgers only have 5 games scheduled.