mavsfan23

Malcom Nuñez 3B STL

This kid looks like a STUD! 17 year old in rookie ball hit 13 HR’s in 44 games with a modest 415/497/774 for a 238 wRC+. Also threw in 3 SB for good measure. I’ve seen several articles labeling him as professional hitter. Get him while you can. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigPapi2004 said:

Fan graphs tempered expectations. Said the body is already filled out and he’s playing against less physical competition

He’s 17...kind of hard to draw many conclusions.

• Like 1

He will be overdrafted in first year player drafts. The production is certainly there but IMO there are many more athletic and better long term specs. 

3 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

He's certainly interesting. In a deep minor leagues league he should be owned, but if its 100 or less, probably not yet.

For what it's worth I'm in a 1500 minor league league 15 gm and he got pick in the 72nd round (refresh draft with MLB NL selection and Minor leaguer selection. I'm in the AL)

Edited by LivingOnTheEdge

I had his name penciled in on my draft list, until I saw that Kiley McDaniel from Fangraphs isn’t very high on him.

1:56

Freddy: Which Cuban phenom would you target in a dynasty league: Malcom Nunez or Marco Luciano? TIA!

1:57

Kiley McDaniel: lol Nunez isn’t that good of a prospect right now and Luciano isn’t Cuban

Nunez looks like a monster, chance to become a 1st division 3-or-4 hitter. I understand the skepticism, but I'm confident he is more Jose Abreu than Wily Mo Pena.  

Nunez recently assigned to Midwest league on 5-13-19.  Having a slow start but did get his first hit and RBI today.  0.071 after 4 games. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, sagrim said:

Nunez recently assigned to Midwest league on 5-13-19.  Having a slow start but did get his first hit and RBI today.  0.071 after 4 games. 

Holy cow...full season ball at 18 and having only played in the DSL last year? That seems super-aggressive, even if he was held back a little to start.

A slow start doesn't concern me too much, looking forward to how he adjusts/responds in the summer months.