marcadillo

Just inherited a team with Carmelo. Drop? whir!

I took over an orphaned dynasty team in a 16 team league, going thru the rubble...

there sits Carmelo. 

I was just going to drop him but the waiver wire is pretty bare. Any chance at all he plays somewhere this year???

i am dropping him unless I hear a compelling argument otherwise 

thanks

18 minutes ago, Nazyef said:

Just drop him but out of curiosity what are your options to replace him with? 

That’s the point, there aren’t any options in an active 16-team league waiver wire. Anybody I pick up would be a 220+ ranked player, for instance Pat Patterson or Austin Rivers. That’s the only reason why I have kept him. 

Some production is better than no production. just drop him, I think he is toast.

help?

Edited by jhsong916

14 hours ago, marcadillo said:

That’s the point, there aren’t any options in an active 16-team league waiver wire. Anybody I pick up would be a 220+ ranked player, for instance Pat Patterson or Austin Rivers. That’s the only reason why I have kept him. 

Now we're talking. We needed some context. Austin Rivers will give you something. Melo isn't even doing that and even if someone signs him, his value is pretty low. No team really wants to watch him chuck long 2 pointers anymore haha

For comparison sake, in my competitive 12 team league Melo was dropped as soon as he was released by Houston and nobody picked him up.