Sign in to follow this  
JacobThunder15

Punting TO, do I make the trade? WHIR

My team is currently in a 9 CAT (standard 8 w/ turnovers)

PG: Westbrook, Bledsoe, Conley

SG: Harden, Josh Richardson

SF: Middleton, Ingles, Hernangomez

PF: Aaron Gordon, Ibaka, Millsap

C: Embiid, Capela, Myles Turner

Do I trade Embiid for Jokic? Punting turnovers and ROS I feel like the upside of Jokic will be better as the season goes along even if he doesnt get the points like Embiid. I am new to a 9 CAT league so if there are any other tips or changes you see right off the bat Id be open to any suggestions

They are close but I'd prefer Embidd. Joker is now under forming with only top 20 value. Maybe you can buy him low on a 2 for 1 trade. 

37 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

They are close but I'd prefer Embidd. Joker is now under forming with only top 20 value. Maybe you can buy him low on a 2 for 1 trade. 

I think now that I have Westbrook and Harden I have to punt FG% and TO. So from here maybe I can trade away middleton and conley for someone like George? Not sure where I go from here. 

I would go with Jokic. Hes gonna be beasting for the next month with all the injuries in Denver, hopefully the momentum carries over once everyone is back healthy. Joel is trending down in a big way, with rest days in his future plus the arrival of Butler hurts alot.  Denver also has the best playoff schedule I believe.

5 minutes ago, bluechipsz said:

I would go with Jokic. Hes gonna be beasting for the next month with all the injuries in Denver, hopefully the momentum carries over once everyone is back healthy. Joel is trending down in a big way, with rest days in his future plus the arrival of Butler hurts alot.  Denver also has the best playoff schedule I believe.

Yes but I am punting FG% and turnovers and so I need the rebounds, steal, and blocks to be increased and wonder if jokic isnt as good in those categories even with embiid struggling. 

In your case, you dont make this move.

Its simple, Jokic is a better overall fantasy player, but since you are punting FG and TO and you are covered in AST, you need Embiid with his points and blocks.

11 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

Its simple, Jokic is a better overall fantasy player, but since you are punting FG and TO and you are covered in AST, you need Embiid with his points and blocks.

I appreciate the help I am new to punting so any tips would be great, do you see any immediate moves I should make? Was thinking a conley and middleton for a george or butler.

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I appreciate the help I am new to punting so any tips would be great, do you see any immediate moves I should make? Was thinking a conley and middleton for a george or butler.

10 teams, right? If you can make it happen, do that. 

4 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

Actually 8 Team but yeah, I had just traded George and Vucevic for Harden and Aaron Gordon to solidify my assist with Harden and Westbrook since I had the Center depth. In my current punt circumstance are either one of those guys a good move to make?

7 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

Im considering a different punt strategy seeing as my guards arent getting many blocks as well. Punting FG% TO and BLKs in a 9 CAT league will get me 6-3 advantage every week. Do I take the Jokic move now that blocks are out of the question?

9 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

I was actually able to get a deal for KAT and lillard. Sent Embiid, Bledsoe and Turner for those 2 and got the deal. I think I made a significant upgrade with Prince and J Allen on waivers to grab with the open slot.

3 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im considering a different punt strategy seeing as my guards arent getting many blocks as well. Punting FG% TO and BLKs in a 9 CAT league will get me 6-3 advantage every week. Do I take the Jokic move now that blocks are out of the question?

I would also caution that Westbrook will make your FT% take a hit. I'd hold Jokic and let him ball out but I would look for someone else to fill the blocks role like Turner or JJJ. 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/737472-adams-or-harrell-and-murray-for-middleton-or-embiid-whir/

Edited by GarbageTyme

3 minutes ago, GarbageTyme said:

I would also caution that Westbrook will make your FT% take a hit. I'd hold Jokic and let him ball out but I would look for someone else to fill the blocks role like Turner or JJJ. 

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/737472-adams-or-harrell-and-murray-for-middleton-or-embiid-whir/

Im in a mindset of punting Fg%, TO, and BLKs I mentioned above I was able to get KAT and Lillard in a trade but thinking of trading away Conley and Capela for someone like Butler or George for the better FT% and steals. Thoughts?

It's funny because I was in a similar situation but I stuck with Jokic. I would try very hard to get a 2 for 1 for Jokic before he begins to heat up. Even if you have to overpay a bit. 

19 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im in a mindset of punting Fg%, TO, and BLKs I mentioned above I was able to get KAT and Lillard in a trade but thinking of trading away Conley and Capela for someone like Butler or George for the better FT% and steals. Thoughts?

I guess my main point is that you don't need to trade for big names to get those things. For example Gallinari is a great FT% anchor that also hits 3s, gets boards. Justin Holiday would be another good candidate since he averages almost 2.0 steals/game and both are low FG%. Holiday's FT% is good but the volume isn't there. Still, if you trade away a poor FT% to get him you're still at a net gain for FT%. 

2 minutes ago, GarbageTyme said:

I guess my main point is that you don't need to trade for big names to get those things. For example Gallinari is a great FT% anchor that also hits 3s, gets boards. Justin Holiday would be another good candidate since he averages almost 2.0 steals/game and both are low FG%. Holiday's FT% is good but the volume isn't there. Still, if you trade away a poor FT% to get him you're still at a net gain for FT%. 

10 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

It's funny because I was in a similar situation but I stuck with Jokic. I would try very hard to get a 2 for 1 for Jokic before he begins to heat up. Even if you have to overpay a bit. 

So youre basically saying I can get the value if I trade Westbrook because he is hurting me in the FT% too much? I'm new to punting categories but as it stands this is the roster

PG: Westbrook, Lillard, Conley

SF: Middleton, Ingles, Hermangomez

PF: Ibaka, Millsap, A Gordon

C: KAT, Capela, Adebayo

4 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

So youre basically saying I can get the value if I trade Westbrook because he is hurting me in the FT% too much? I'm new to punting categories but as it stands this is the roster

PG: Westbrook, Lillard, Conley

SF: Middleton, Ingles, Hermangomez

PF: Ibaka, Millsap, A Gordon

C: KAT, Capela, Adebayo

It looks like you have multiple players contributing to blocks, esp with JRich who gives out of position blocks for a PG. I'm not sure if punting blocks is a good idea based on your team. Also you said you're new to punting and punting 3 cats on your first punt team is a lot to handle. I would honestly stay put and see how your team performs since it sounds like you just made some major moves.

Westbrook hurts your FT% but not so much that you need to move him since he's perfect in a punt FG%/TOs build, esp since you have FT% anchors in KAT, Lillard, Harden and even Middleton when he was hot. 

I think Westbrook + 1 definitely gets it done. Capela also hurts your FT% so if you can move him after you get Jokic, you won't have to tank FT%. I would hate for my FT% to suffer if I have guys like Lillard and Conley on my team

1 minute ago, GarbageTyme said:

It looks like you have multiple players contributing to blocks, esp with JRich who gives out of position blocks for a PG. I'm not sure if punting blocks is a good idea based on your team. Also you said you're new to punting and punting 3 cats on your first punt team is a lot to handle. I would honestly stay put and see how your team performs since it sounds like you just made some major moves.

Westbrook hurts your FT% but not so much that you need to move him since he's perfect in a punt FG%/TOs build, esp since you have FT% anchors in KAT, Lillard, Harden and even Middleton when he was hot. 

Okay, this is an 8 team league is why my team was able to look like this so early. I am usually winning my leagues comfortably but I have never punted before because we typically only do an 8 CAT league. I appreciate the advice. I am a little worried about Capela and Westbrook being on my roster with the FT%, was thinking about going after Curry or Drummond to solidify that spot.

1 minute ago, andy1234 said:

I think Westbrook + 1 definitely gets it done. Capela also hurts your FT% so if you can move him after you get Jokic, you won't have to tank FT%. I would hate for my FT% to suffer if I have guys like Lillard and Conley on my team

So your advice would be to trade Westbrook and 1 to get someone like Jokic or Curry to get that FT% up even higher?

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

So your advice would be to trade Westbrook and 1 to get someone like Jokic or Curry to get that FT% up even higher?

I rather have Jokic than Curry since Curry will probably sit more come PO time, but yes. I rather have either one of them over Westbrook. I didn't realize this was an 8 team league (should have by the team you have lol). Always go top heavy. I think if you can move Westbrook and then Capella in a separate deal, you will have a very balanced team. Although Capella isn't a must move if you don't get the right deal.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

I rather have Jokic than Curry since Curry will probably sit more come PO time, but yes. I rather have either one of them over Westbrook. I didn't realize this was an 8 team league (should have by the team you have lol). Always go top heavy. I think if you can move Westbrook and then Capella in a separate deal, you will have a very balanced team. Although Capella isn't a must move if you don't get the right deal.

I was thinking of going for someone like a stretch 4 or a rebounding monster in drummond if a capella trade, but I am not honestly sure what direction to take with him. I value his consistency but I the FT% kills me when I have such good guards for my punt circumstance. What do you think about guys like PG or Kawhi in place of Westbrook over Jokic.  Do you prefer Jokic of the 3 I mentioned

Edited by JacobThunder15
Explanation

23 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I was thinking of going for someone like a stretch 4 or a rebounding monster in drummond if a capella trade, but I am not honestly sure what direction to take with him. I value his consistency but I the FT% kills me when I have such good guards for my punt circumstance. What do you think about guys like PG or Kawhi in place of Westbrook over Jokic.  Do you prefer Jokic of the 3 I mentioned

I still like Jokic the most. Then probably PG before Kawhi

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

I really appreciate your advice. When you say go top heavy are you referring to stat stuffers in the center position? What do you advice when punting a category, like in my circumstance, what would your strategy be? I want to know how to punt so I dont have to come on forums to ask for advice 24/7 and get better at fantasy myself lol

19 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

I was just offered Jrue Holiday and J Allen for Mike Conley and capela, would this be a trade you would consider given what you just mentioned in Capela Ft%?