Sign in to follow this  
JacobThunder15

Punting TO, do I make the trade? WHIR

On 12/10/2018 at 4:05 PM, JacobThunder15 said:

I really appreciate your advice. When you say go top heavy are you referring to stat stuffers in the center position? What do you advice when punting a category, like in my circumstance, what would your strategy be? I want to know how to punt so I dont have to come on forums to ask for advice 24/7 and get better at fantasy myself lol

When it comes to punting in category leagues, you only want to punt 1 or 2 categories max. That is my opinion. Others think that as long as you are significantly strong in 5-6 categories, then punt whatever you want. In your situation, you have two guys that really hurt your FT% in Westbrook and Capela. You also have elite FT shooters in Harden, Lillard, Conley as well as other big men who wont hurt you in the category. In your situation, I would not punt. I know I mentioned it earlier, but I didn't get a good look at your roster. What makes more sense would be to move the problem players.

In this situation, it is Westbrook and Capela. Now, I think you have enough players to keep you competitive in FT% (I would like to know how many time you have won/lost the category. As for the offer, I think it is definitely fair offer but I don't think I would do it. I would try to a 2 for 1 and upgrade Capella to a better big that won't hurt you in FT%. I also noticed that you have KAT now. Did you trade Embiid for him? I would for sure not punt FT% since KAT is a great FT shooter for a big man. If you can find a way to make a 2 for 1 and get Jokic, then I do that in a heartbeat. Capela + a guard should get it done. Or Capela + westbrook for Jokic + 1 in return.

10 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

When it comes to punting in category leagues, you only want to punt 1 or 2 categories max. That is my opinion. Others think that as long as you are significantly strong in 5-6 categories, then punt whatever you want. In your situation, you have two guys that really hurt your FT% in Westbrook and Capela. You also have elite FT shooters in Harden, Lillard, Conley as well as other big men who wont hurt you in the category. In your situation, I would not punt. I know I mentioned it earlier, but I didn't get a good look at your roster. What makes more sense would be to move the problem players.

In this situation, it is Westbrook and Capela. Now, I think you have enough players to keep you competitive in FT% (I would like to know how many time you have won/lost the category. As for the offer, I think it is definitely fair offer but I don't think I would do it. I would try to a 2 for 1 and upgrade Capella to a better big that won't hurt you in FT%. I also noticed that you have KAT now. Did you trade Embiid for him? I would for sure not punt FT% since KAT is a great FT shooter for a big man. If you can find a way to make a 2 for 1 and get Jokic, then I do that in a heartbeat. Capela + a guard should get it done. Or Capela + westbrook for Jokic + 1 in return.

Right now I am punting FG%, TO, and BLKs because of having westbrook and harden on my team. I did trade Embiid, Eric Bledsoe, and Turner for KAT and Lillard to solidify those punt categories. Right now the roster is

Westbrook, Lillard, Conley

Josh Richardson, Harden

Middleton, Ingles, Hernangomez

Aaron Gorden, Ibaka (Millsap on IR)

Capela, KAT, Adebayo (as a Whiteside handcuff)

On 12/11/2018 at 6:42 PM, JacobThunder15 said:

Would I be asking for too much if I sent Jokic and Beal for Westbrook and Capela? Not sure who I could go for

On paper, yes a bit. But it all depends on needs. If the other guy needs PG stats, then I can see it possibly happening. But I don't think it goes through. Send it anyways. It's a good starting point

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, andy1234 said:

On paper, yes a bit. But it all depends on needs. If the other guy needs PG stats, then I can see it possibly happening. But I don't think it goes through. Send it anyways. It's a good starting point

He has a lot of injured guys, Booker, Draymond, Dragic, Rose, Barton, Payton. But also has Curry at the moment so thats why It think it will be hard to get Jokic off of him. Trying to think of a Conley and Capela package deal to get a first rounder in to up the FT%

20 hours ago, andy1234 said:

Offers were rejected, thinking about selling high in order to get Jokic since no one seems to want to bite on just westbrook or capela. Capela and Conley for Jokic and Tim Hardaway Jr or Barton? What are your thoughts?

On 12/13/2018 at 7:34 PM, andy1234 said:

I was able to sell Capela and pick up TJ Warren on waivers to trade for Jokic. Now my starting lineup is:

PG: Westbrook, Lillard, Conley

SG: Harden, Josh Richardson

SF: Middleton, Ingles, Bogdonovic, Batum

PF: Ibaka, Millsap, A Gordon

C: KAT, Jokic

Thoughts on trading Westbrook now that I was able to get Jokic? Was thinking trying to get Durant or Kawhi and a piece for Westbrook