Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin1984

Luke Kennard 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Couldn't find a thread for this season. 28/8/3 with 5 threes in 37 minutes the other night. Granted, Blake was out. Guard and wing depth in Detroit is super thin at the moment with GR3 and Ish out for weeks. Anybody else keeping an eye on him? 

I'm keeping an eye on him....but I envision him as a more of points/3's streamer. He won't handle the ball enough to add meaningful contributions in assists, he won't be grabbing rebounds with Drummond and Griffin around, he also doesn't get to the line enough to impact ft%. With all that said, the opportunity he has in front of him makes him worth watching. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chuckster said:

I'm keeping an eye on him....but I envision him as a more of points/3's streamer. He won't handle the ball enough to add meaningful contributions in assists, he won't be grabbing rebounds with Drummond and Griffin around, he also doesn't get to the line enough to impact ft%. With all that said, the opportunity he has in front of him makes him worth watching. 

I'm not expecting a lot but I could see him being somewhat decent in shallower leagues. I was just kind of surprised he didn't have a thread at all because of the amount of deep leagues people play in around here. Even if it's only points/3s 37 minutes with that usage is pretty damn solid. Pretty good pedigree as well. Thought it was worth bringing up at least.

1 minute ago, mackdonald said:

Captain John Luke Kennard has been heating up

thoughts?

keeping a real close eye on him, good playoffs schedule too

14 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

Will take the starting role now Bullock is gone? Are we on board?

Probably...played pretty well while bullock was out earlier.

He’s on my radar, better hope Casey doesn’t decide to go with Galloway or Bruce Brown instead. 

7 minutes ago, Cozie said:

He’s on my radar, better hope Casey doesn’t decide to go with Galloway or Bruce Brown instead. 

I have a bad feeling he's going with either one

More mins opening up. SJ gone

Edited by bhkim814

I could see adding him tomorrow for his Friday game, speculatively, if nothing else happens on the trade scene (doubtful).  On the plus side, I bet most owners are thinking the same thing, so there's not gonna be a gold rush for him right now- people want to be able to make adds if something BIG happens.  So he could still be sitting there tomorrow afternoon, as a decent consolation prize.

But in a world where there's still 25 hours left on the trade deadline, where most of us have weekly acquisition limits, and where he doesn't even play tomorrow anyway...not biting.

As a Pistons fan, he is not very good.  If he was he would have been playing more minutes than the two guys they just traded.  Now by default he gets more minutes, but don't expect much.  I am leaving him on the waiver wire.

Couple of good games pre asb, but ellington looms.  Stream material only, or solid pickup right now?  Been debating him or tyler johnson....still rostering johnson, but not confidently.

Who will contribute more to Detroit's floor spacing ROS, him or Ellington?

On 2/22/2019 at 8:38 AM, WFK said:

Who will contribute more to Detroit's floor spacing ROS, him or Ellington?

Looks like they are in the dreaded timeshare tbh.

With the way Kennard has been playing lately that's fine with me tbh. He's proving to be a solid source of 3s on good FG% for my 16-teamer.

Streamed both Ellington and Kennard for tomorrow's game.

Then dropped Ellington to pick-up K Olynyk for next week's match-up.

Anyone sure he's good to play tonight? 

Heard he's "probable"