Rotoworld.com Forums

NBA Trade Season 2018-2019

2 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

index.jpg

The calm before the storm.

The trade deadline was very boring the last couple of years and this year will be no exception. Maybe M. Gasol gets traded and some roleplayers like Dedmon but thats about it. In deeper leagues i see no major waiver wire adds. Most guys that will get more playing time are already owned.

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dodging these lackluster adds like    

Just you.  I’m doing every 15 min. 

Something to consider before both season/fantasy trade deadline arrives is what players to target for playoffs scheduling if you have a good outlook of making playoffs already . Last year was sittin

Posted Images

Picked up Dorian Finney-Smith, Jerome Robinson, Troy Brown and Aaron Holiday in my 16-team dynasty league in the hopes of a few trades.

So far I haven't been disappointed with Barnes, Harris, Otto and Markieff moved.

Hopefully, others will follow. (Holiday to MEM in a Conley deal would be sweet) 

Edited by Eleqtrique

People need to expect to be 'disappointed.' 

I've been here on these forums for the past few deadlines and watched as we were all left pondering wtf happened and why no moves.

NBA teams have been making their big trades earlier so they don't have to be pressured on the deadline.

You'll see a number of trades being made, but don't expect the huge rumored trades. I'd expect 1 or 2 quality trades that could shift the landscape of fantasy basketball a bit, but other than that don't go cray-cray in thinking we are going to get a bonanza of trades. 

Good luck!

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, CrypTviLL said:

People need to expect to be 'disappointed.' 

I've been here on these forums for the past few deadlines and watched as we were all left pondering wtf happened and why no moves.

NBA teams have been making their big trades earlier so they don't have to be pressured on the deadline.

You'll see a number of trades being made, but don't expect the huge rumored trades. I'd expect 1 or 2 quality trades that could shift the landscape of fantasy basketball a bit, but other than that don't go cray-cray in thinking we are going to get a bonanza of trades. 

Good luck!

It comes down to the definition of "deadline".  If you mean the exact minute of the deadline, sure, usually nothing happens.  The hour?  Sometimes.  I look at the trade deadline "season" as the few days leading up to it, and it's been crazy as hell imo

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Pyschout said:

It comes down to the definition of "deadline".  If you mean the exact minute of the deadline, sure, usually nothing happens.  The hour?  Sometimes.  I look at the trade deadline "season" as the few days leading up to it, and it's been crazy as hell imo

Yup -- agreed. What I'm talking about is pretty much 'today' or the next 8 or so hours. More teams are getting their deals done prior to the deadline day. 

Just now, CrypTviLL said:

Yup -- agreed. What I'm talking about is pretty much 'today' or the next 8 or so hours. More teams are getting their deals done prior to the deadline day. 

Most of it is talking and rumors. Can't wait to see the roto blurbs about what blockbuster trade almost got through.  I'm pretty sure we will see no blockbuster trade or get major fantasy pickups. It will be the same "he could and he should and if he... game...."

On a night where the Wizards made significant changes to their roster, some familiar names do — and will — remain. Forwards Trevor Ariza and Jeff Green are also staying put despite the opportunity to trade the unrestricted free agents for future assets ahead of Thursday’s 3. p.m. trade deadline. Ariza and Green remain in Washington’s plans this season and beyond a source tells NBC Sports Washington.

1 hour ago – via NBC Sports
1 minute ago, chud12 said:
On a night where the Wizards made significant changes to their roster, some familiar names do — and will — remain. Forwards Trevor Ariza and Jeff Green are also staying put despite the opportunity to trade the unrestricted free agents for future assets ahead of Thursday’s 3. p.m. trade deadline. Ariza and Green remain in Washington’s plans this season and beyond a source tells NBC Sports Washington.

1 hour ago – via NBC Sports

Hate that crap. Blow that sorry arse team up. It’s over!!!!!!

• Like 2
Marc Stein: Harrison Barnes and agent Jeff Schwartz were apprised before Wednesday’s game that Barnes was being pursued by Sacramento and Charlotte, league sources say. The Kings’ offer won out and Barnes, as explained by Paul Pierce late last night on ESPN, opted to play rather than sit

4 minutes ago, tekashi26ix said:

Feel like Gasol should net much more than MKG, im hoping its monk they send.

I read the package is Byombo Gilchrist and draft picks, that's why I asked if Gilchrist is worth a look 
I don't think Monk is involved, Grizzlies seem interested in draft picks

McRae

Svi

Kennard

Finney Smith

Felicio

Deep leaguers, who are you eyeing? All these guys have great PO scheds. I might me missing a few but these are the guys I’m eyeing. Waiting to unload Zizic and Kanter if the latter isn’t traded.

of course, a few more could pop up with some new trades, especially on the Lakers if they do the AD deal. Bullock could be a nice get. 

1 minute ago, LosingEffort said:

I read the package is Byombo Gilchrist and draft picks, that's why I asked if Gilchrist is worth a look 
I don't think Monk is involved, Grizzlies seem interested in draft picks

If so, how does Biyombo’s arrival affect Rabb’s ROS? I sure hope they stick with the JJJ/Rabb tandem moving forward.