Members_Only_76

Jets vs. Texans Gameday

10 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Auction is  significantly more strategic than snake. For example you have 12 teams competing  against each other in real time, each with a budget of $200 that each team needs to allocate across 15 player positions pulled from a pool of lets say 1700 NFL players.

There is a significant amount of strategy involved with  as each slot gets filled.

Sometimes i think you take an opposing position for the sake of opposing.:D

Agree 100%, auction is way more strategic than snake. 

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I disagree both type of drafts (auction or snake) are strategic. One is not harder than the other. I have tried both and have been successful in both. This is about those auction guys who think they are the king s---. They are not. More like they are blowhards 

I've been successful in both as well. I prefer snake over auction draft. Only time I prefer auction is for FA adds. We did that inverse standings FA order this year (worst record gets first shot). Was terrible. The worst team kept losing and got the first add every week. Anyhoo.

1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

Get over yourself. I'm feeling just fine about my chances this week. 

Glad to hear it - all the best!

At least the Miller owners are getting screwed because of an unpredictable injury.

The McGuire owners actually chose to start him against Houston over other decent healthy options.

Edited by Chwf3rd
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chwf3rd said:

At least the Miller owners are getting screwed because of an unpredictable injuries.

The McGuire owners actually chose to start him against Houston over other decent healthy options.

Doesn’t F ing matter

zero points are zero 

1 minute ago, Guile said:

What is that....5 straight sacks now on Watson? Thought he was fast?

Such a waste of speed.  Guy could do way more damage on the ground than he actually does.  Would rather take it on the chin the entire game.  Guess the injury messed with his head more than we thought.

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Doesn’t F ing matter

zero points are zero 

1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

Exactly. 

It matters when you're putting down the Miller owners because you're salty AF about playing McGuire @cnewbykkn

• Like 1

you know what might help the texans? A run game.... oh.... yeah... blue sucks mr 2 ypc. for those of you saying miller isn't that good

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

I disagree both type of drafts (auction or snake) are strategic. One is not harder than the other. I have tried both and have been successful in both. This is about those auction guys who think they are the king s---. They are not. More like they are blowhards 

I wouldnt say one is HARDER than the other but I would say auction format  involves more strategy and focus than snake.

Auction allows you to value each player you actually want or place a value on a player someone else wants vs accepting the player that is available on your turn. 

In either format you still need to do your research on players however if u use platform like ESPN, then you  can legitimately auto draft a championship team in a snake whereas in an auction the AI can get smoked by the bidding group and u will end up with an uncompetitive team

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

It matters when you're putting down the Miller owners because you're salty AF about playing McGuire @cnewbykkn

I dont get salty. I remember that my life goes on tomorrow. And stop saying I started McGuire over Michel.

1 minute ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Such a waste of speed.  Guy could do way more damage on the ground than he actually does.  Would rather take it on the chin the entire game.  Guess the injury messed with his head more than we thought.

Commentators keep saying he has no where to go....haha on a few of those sacks he had like 7 seconds. Someone is open! I think injuries in his head for sure and he's playing ultra conservative.

• Like 1

Would have been a great game script for Miller too. Dont think hes coming back since he hasnt playing the whole 3rd quarter. 

13 minutes ago, Guile said:

a little surprised he hasn't coughed it up yet.

6 minutes ago, Guile said:

He is not a burner but he has amazing quickness and mobility to escape the pocket. . .last year. . this year his problem has been he holds onto the ball too long

13 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

At least the Miller owners are getting screwed because of an unpredictable injury.

Because of numerous unpredictable injuries to the rbs that got us here..and their backups...

• Like 1