ST. STEVEN

Josh James 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, beauso79 said:

You guys still holding on to this guy?  He seems to keep getting passed up for the rotation 

Redraft I would drop but in a keeper league I have him in(We keep all players) I'm holding him because of the insane strikeout potential. Reminds me of Chris Sale when he first got called up I believe he was in a similar situation, I dropped him and someone else scooped him up before he exploded, Never make that mistake again.

does anyone know why he has a dtd tag by his name on yahoo?  I tried google but can't dig anything up

He’s “opening” tomorrow’s game vs the Angels with Framber taking over after. He will need to be stretched out but maybe they’re going to take another look at him for their last slot before making a move for an arm like Boyd?

2 hours ago, tywalson said:

He’s “opening” tomorrow’s game vs the Angels with Framber taking over after. He will need to be stretched out but maybe they’re going to take another look at him for their last slot before making a move for an arm like Boyd?

James couldn't be any worse than Valdez.  I don't think having an opener can change that for Framber.

Left today's game with an apparent injury. Didn't see it, but based on this explanation I'm not hopeful. Reminds me of Vince Velasquez a couple years back:

spacer.png

Best take aways:

FA- sat 98 and touched 100, 7/12 for strikes but his misses were pretty far outta the zone (but at least very high or low, purpose pitches?) killer vertical movement, 5 whiffs

SL- had incredible horizontal movement to it, 5/7 for strikes with 2 whiffs

CH- sat 91 but only 1 strike in 4 attempts with it

• Like 1