Corleone

What Players Made it to the Finals the Most?

I wonder how often this combination comes up.  It was a first for me this year.

I had the first pick in the draft.

I selected the eventual point leader (non-qb, Gurley in my league)

Won the Championship.

This is exactly how you draw it up on draft day if you have the first pick.  Having it all unfold this way is probably a rarity. 

21 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Won the Championship.

This is exactly how you draw it up on draft day if you have the first pick.  Having it all unfold this way is probably a rarity. 

Yeah then you have the mass amount of people who got the 2nd overall pick in the draft picking LeVeon and getting zero production. 

The disparity of one pick difference is pretty unreal

1 hour ago, roughnecker101 said:

Anyone else make it with Mike evans. He was a little up and down but overall pretty solid.

I won the championship in a 10-man PPR (1 point). 

QB - Deshaun Watson (Traded Philip Lindsay for him). 

RB - DJ, CMC, Aaron Jones, Sony Michel and Damien Williams (previously had Spencer Ware after the whole Hunt debacle). 

WR - Mike Evans (only started Mike Williams in Week 15 over Evans) , Julien Edelman, Kenny Golloday, Golden Tate and Mike Williams. 

TE - George Kittle (originally Delani Walker).

D/ST - Mainly Jacksonville (streamed different weeks pending match ups). 

K - Jason Myers

You guys realize that by posting your own players this is essentially the exact same thread as the championship rosters one??

If you really want to know who the most owned players are on finalist teams you can find that information on Google.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/25450523/fantasy-football-james-conner-todd-gurley-ii-most-common-players-fantasy-playoff-teams%3fplatform=amp

They will post a article specific to championship round players and teams like they do every year.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

Won the Championship.

first pick did great this year. second pick did awful (starting with DJ at 1.02 pretty much cripples you)

I would think for PPR that mid/late first round like pick 7-8 would be the most common championship winning draft position, aside from #1 with gurley.

pick 7-8 in ppr you would have gotten MG3 or Kamara, on the come back you could have gotten CMC, or a stud WR, seems like all those 1st and high 2nd tier guys had pretty good and fairly consistent seasons (excepting the end of the season for mike thomas)

but id still rather have cmc there obvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

On 12/24/2018 at 1:27 AM, Panamared said:

Did you win?

I did. Won by 10

Thank you desuan Watson

The two biggest difference makers that carried me through the semi final and championship were DeAndre Hopkins & Zack Ertz.

9 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

well deserved, kept him on all three of my rooosters even though i knew he was on ice - cut Edwards instead - this kid was the good luck charm of '18, we who took the plung on draft night were greatly rewarded.  

one of the good guys, to boot. 

WINWINWIN all around. 

• Like 1

Both teams in the finals in my 2 leagues had Mahomes.  I have to think that anybody who drafted him had to do pretty well if they made any other decent picks or free agent moves.

IMO Mahomes and Conner were this years complete home run picks.   In one league I was fortunate enough to have drafted both and ended up going undefeated :)

Sadly, I suspect I'll never have Mahomes on my team again though as I rarely invest in QB's early in the draft and that's where he'll be going next year.

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Both teams in the finals in my 2 leagues had Mahomes.  I have to think that anybody who drafted him had to do pretty well if they made any other decent picks or free agent moves.

IMO Mahomes and Conner were this years complete home run picks.   In one league I was fortunate enough to have drafted both and ended up going undefeated :)

Sadly, I suspect I'll never have Mahomes on my team again though as I rarely invest in QB's early in the draft and that's where he'll be going next year.

Allen/Mayfield/$$$Money F'n Mitch$$$ ... all capable of being that late swing that finishes #1 overall QB.