AnonymousRob

Shohei Ohtani 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Komfy said:

I'm surprised how much he's being slept on. He's a top 50 batter this season. 

According to whom? 

52 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

According to whom? 

According to the data

Any hints on when he will be put on the DL? 

Also, since he's not pitching this season, is it reasonable to expect he'll be the full time DH? At least 5 games a week?

32 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

Any hints on when he will be put on the DL? 

Also, since he's not pitching this season, is it reasonable to expect he'll be the full time DH? At least 5 games a week?

I’m waiting for him to get The DL tag also so I can snag him ASAP. 

Hes definitely going to get 450-500 ab this season and is looking like a sleeper

25hr 10 steals incoming 

• Like 1

There's no reason this guy shouldnt  be drafted in all leagues as long as you have DL slots. Everyone and their mother will be wishing they drafted him when he comes back in a month from now.  I was able to get him at pick #224 last night for reference to where hes being drafted. 

For Yahoo this will be his most valuable hitting season because he should receive regular at bats. He was a must have for me this year in my 2 util league. Going to mash when he returns and you can stash him until he does. 

8 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

I’m waiting for him to get The DL tag also so I can snag him ASAP. 

Hes definitely going to get 450-500 ab this season and is looking like a sleeper

25hr 10 steals incoming 

10 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

For Yahoo this will be his most valuable hitting season because he should receive regular at bats. He was a must have for me this year in my 2 util league. Going to mash when he returns and you can stash him until he does. 

I don't think it will be regular at bats. They made reference to him ramping up his pitching during the season (on the side) to get his strength back, so I expect more off days than normal. THats why I grabbed Bour. Hopefully together they can give me 162 games of solid performance. 

I'm not seeing it guys. Between Bour and Pujols stealing his ABs and the injury- this guy was a DND for me.

For all you who drafted him I hope I am wrong.

He was somehow not kept or drafted in my league. Will stash on the DL then bench while this is all sorted out. I'm hopeful that his 4-5 starts per week are better than most "last roster spot" guys 6-7 games

12 hours ago, mtblock said:

I don't think it will be regular at bats. They made reference to him ramping up his pitching during the season (on the side) to get his strength back, so I expect more off days than normal. THats why I grabbed Bour. Hopefully together they can give me 162 games of solid performance. 

Side throwing sessions aren’t going to impact his ability to DH very often. Particularly when he is the second best hitter on the team. He will help them win ballgames with his bat. His pitching won’t be set back by DHing. 

So, uh when will the Angels put him on the IL? I gotta fill his roster spot sooner rather later. I dont have all day here, Eppler!

• Like 3

On 3/27/2019 at 11:29 AM, 6Kill said:

I'm not seeing it guys. Between Bour and Pujols stealing his ABs and the injury- this guy was a DND for me.

For all you who drafted him I hope I am wrong.

i drafted in a keeper and took him for $8.

Even in a redraft, he is worth it...especially in a daily league where you can sit against tough lefties.

The dude has extreme talent.......talent usually wins out.

Just read Ohtani feels like he's ready to come back in April, but it's not up to him.  I was reading some of the posts how he is a DND and someone asked when is it a reach to draft Ohtani, and someone responded The last round.  lol.  I'm in yahoo and he's only 54% owned.  I don't get it.  I was looking at his batting stats last year.  I was like WOW.  I didn't realize he put up those numbers in that many at-bats.  .285/59/22/61, 10 steals in only 326 at-bats.  That's impressive.  I don't understand the hate.  If you don't want a guy like that on your team that's going to hit 5 games a week.  I don't know what to tell you.  Someone commented "don't be suprised if he's on the majority of teams that win there league."  I agree with that statement.  All I know is I'd rather him on my team than someone else's.  If he's only 54% owned now.  One week after he comes back I predict he will be 86% owned.  I can't wait to be able to insert this type of player I basically got for free.  He will change the whole dynamic of my team.  Free OHTANI...

Edited by Biig_Pressure21
forgot to add
  • Like 3

Bought him in auction and I’m targeting him in another a new keeper league draft this weekend.  I think he is being tremendously undervalued right now.

• Like 2

Bour has been awful to start the year. Ohtani should have no problem getting the majority of AB's at DH with a day off or two to get Pujols in here. Bour and Pujols will rotate at 1B. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

.285/59/22/61, 10 steals in only 326 at-bats.  That's impressive.  

What's even more impressive is that he did basically nothing against lefties. Here's the splits:

vs. LHP: .222/5/2/13, 2 steals in 99 at-bats.

vs. RHP: .313/54/20/48, 8 SB in 227 at-bats. 

These splits make it pretty easy for the Angels to just sit him down against tough lefties if they want to give him rest. But why would they ever want to sit him against RHP who he absolutely obliterated to the tune of a .387 OBP and .656 SLG (1.043 OPS) and a .344 (!) ISO. I think he'll start 4 or 5 games per week on average and if he's not starting he will be a WEAPON as a pinch hitter off the bench. 

He's a monster at the plate. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Bour has been awful to start the year. Ohtani should have no problem getting the majority of AB's at DH with a day off or two to get Pujols in here. Bour and Pujols will rotate at 1B. 

This really sucks. I draft Bour to be a fill in for Ohtani to make a complete player and he has been tanking that. 

Throwing from 80 feet now... Reasonable to expect him to be back by end of April? 

Like the above post, I had to snag him when I took a look at his overall numbers last year. In redrafts I can see why the excitement is tempered but in Keeper and dynasty leagues his current value is there for the taking. I believe he is one of those guys that can make the jump to a top 3rd round pick next year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ry34No said:

Throwing from 80 feet now... Reasonable to expect him to be back by end of April? 

Like the above post, I had to snag him when I took a look at his overall numbers last year. In redrafts I can see why the excitement is tempered but in Keeper and dynasty leagues his current value is there for the taking. I believe he is one of those guys that can make the jump to a top 3rd round pick next year.

Pretty sure they said he won't pitch this year..

What's feeling on him recently? He is available in my league was thinking of picking him up and holding onto him, have an empty roster spot atm

• Like 1