Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Biggest Busts of 2018


oresteszero

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/21/2018 at 2:42 PM, SkinsChargersFan said:

2018 All-Bust Team

 

QB: Rodgers

RB: Bell

RB: Fournette

WR: Baldwin

WR: Hogan

TE: Gronk

Flex: David Johnson

K: Gostkowski

DST: Jaguars

except for Gostkowski and the Jags I think it was possible to see the potential to bust with the others. 

 

Rogers....Receivers not healthy...lack of experience in the ones that were healthy.

Bell....I didn't think he would miss the whole year but I was stearing clear of him for sure.

Fournette...Absolute puss!

Baldwin...entered the season injured

Hogan...Career high 40 catches coming into the season.

Gronk...old and injured

DJ......Horrible team, horrible line, no QB

 

Even with the Jags you wondered if Bortles would be a turnover machine or a 3 and out machine and put the D in bad spots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mongidig said:

except for Gostkowski and the Jags I think it was possible to see the potential to bust with the others. 

 

Rogers....Receivers not healthy...lack of experience in the ones that were healthy.

Bell....I didn't think he would miss the whole year but I was stearing clear of him for sure.

Fournette...Absolute puss!

Baldwin...entered the season injured

Hogan...Career high 40 catches coming into the season.

Gronk...old and injured

DJ......Horrible team, horrible line, no QB

 

Even with the Jags you wondered if Bortles would be a turnover machine or a 3 and out machine and put the D in bad spots.

Agree with some. I think Rodgers, Hogan, DJ and Jags were hard to envision.

Hogan had a great opportunity but Brady was just bad this year. 

Rodgers is Rodgers. We are talking a guy who is often talked about as a top 5 all time QB. His numbers were pathetic this year. 

DJ was assumed to be talented enough to still produce. 

Jags had Bortles last year too so this isn't an argument. They just were awful this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Agree with some. I think Rodgers, Hogan, DJ and Jags were hard to envision.

Hogan had a great opportunity but Brady was just bad this year. 

Rodgers is Rodgers. We are talking a guy who is often talked about as a top 5 all time QB. His numbers were pathetic this year. 

DJ was assumed to be talented enough to still produce. 

Jags had Bortles last year too so this isn't an argument. They just were awful this year. 

I was shocked that they extended Bortles contract. He had a decent year last year but you had to wonder when he would start Bortling again. Not having Fournette hurt. Your right though! no way you could envision the Jags being that bad.  Hogan certainly should have been better at least the first 4 games. I think people were expecting top 20 numbers from him all year even though he has never done that. Rogers was "off the year Jordy got hurt.. This year had the same feel to me. DJ felt dirty to me the whole way.

 

Hindsight is 20/20

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 12:45 PM, cizastro said:

Put me down for Fournette.  Had high expectations and apparently the weight of those expectations snapped his hammy and made him useless for most of the season.

Then he got healthy and punched somebody and got suspended.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mongidig said:

I was shocked that they extended Bortles contract. He had a decent year last year but you had to wonder when he would start Bortling again. Not having Fournette hurt. Your right though! no way you could envision the Jags being that bad.  Hogan certainly should have been better at least the first 4 games. I think people were expecting top 20 numbers from him all year even though he has never done that. Rogers was "off the year Jordy got hurt.. This year had the same feel to me. DJ felt dirty to me the whole way.

 

Hindsight is 20/20

Troof. Troof. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked back at my draft recap. I picked Larry Fitzgerald in the 3rd round. In the next few picks after that, Tyreek Hill, Adam Thielen, and JuJu were all taken. Far and away my worst pick. Thankfully it did not ending up biting me in the back, but man, I could've had a dominant team with any of those 3 instead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mongidig said:

M Goodwin was one of the most hyped breakout guy's to be a dud.

Guys gonna be a huge steal next year. His ADP will probably be in the triple digits and with Jimmy G he can put up poor man Hill numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Guys gonna be a huge steal next year. His ADP will probably be in the triple digits and with Jimmy G he can put up poor man Hill numbers.

 

Its adorable people think JimmyG is something special beyond above average QB. 

 

Will smile and nod as he is hyped up in the pre season raising his drafr stock above Ryan and Rivers who will continue to be steady eddys for fantasy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

 

Its adorable people think JimmyG is something special beyond above average QB. 

 

Will smile and nod as he is hyped up in the pre season raising his drafr stock above Ryan and Rivers who will continue to be steady eddys for fantasy.

I think it's a pretty good bet that Jimmy G will produce next year. He will have some solid running backs, a good offensive line,  and some nice talent to throw too with Pettis, goodwin and Kittle. I don't think you'll have to spend too high of a pick on him. You can get Jimmy and one of Ryan or Rivers if you want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ak427 said:

Just looked back at my draft recap. I picked Larry Fitzgerald in the 3rd round. In the next few picks after that, Tyreek Hill, Adam Thielen, and JuJu were all taken. Far and away my worst pick. Thankfully it did not ending up biting me in the back, but man, I could've had a dominant team with any of those 3 instead. 

Fitzgerald in the third round? 

 

You will learn, Young Padawan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Biggest Bust per ADP? Gotta be none other than David Johnson. Easily.

Bell my friend. At least DJ played and was okay some weeks. Bell unanimously went 1 or 2 and completely screwed owners, especially if they didn't grab Conner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oliminator123 said:

Bell my friend. At least DJ played and was okay some weeks. Bell unanimously went 1 or 2 and completely screwed owners, especially if they didn't grab Conner. 

True. Bell busted his owners more than DJ did his.

 

Those are top two, though. imo

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Fitzgerald in the third round? 

 

You will learn, Young Padawan. 

 

He had been a WR1 the last few years and I didn’t realize how bad that offense would look, but yeah definitely a bad pick. Thankfully I still won the championship in that league with Larry giving me absolutely nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

 

Its adorable people think JimmyG is something special beyond above average QB. 

 

Will smile and nod as he is hyped up in the pre season raising his drafr stock above Ryan and Rivers who will continue to be steady eddys for fantasy.

I never said he will be special. I said Goodwin will be a steal as he will have a legitimate QB that can hit him deep.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...