Rotoworld.com Forums

WEEK 16 - ALL GAMES THREAD 12/23!

Members_Only_76

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

In the mean time, does soccer have a shot in the US? I think any sport can have a shot that can present itself with the maximum of excitement and the minimum of interruptions. Personally, I've always rooted for the Lingerie Bowl.

14 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Nope!

I have to agree...soccer just isn’t exciting to watch at all. Goals are somewhat random, where football has much more strategy from play to play. Soccer has footwork & speed, but football also involves strength, hand-eye coordination, & much more timing for teammates to work together. 

Before the “the most popular sport in the world” argument comes up, keep in mind how many under-developed & under-educated countries play soccer. There isn’t any equipment required so all you need is a ball to kick around & the rules are fairly simple

1 minute ago, lvsaint429 said:

Goals are somewhat random, where football has much more strategy from play to play.

Of course many Europeans will say exactly the opposite.

It took me some time to grab the deep rich strategy of Football, and now I know enough to know I barely know anything. But don't discard the strategy of say a hanging 9, or the new type of pressing lineups, or the many strategic changes that happened to soccer over the past 10 years. What is a random goal to you, is probably a well-deserved score to your neighbor Jose who grew up on the stuff.

Archived