Members_Only_76

We are the Champions!

Just had to hop into this thread to celebrate!

Completed my first ever undefeated fantasy season after nearly 30 years of fantasy football!  Went 13-0 during the regular season and won my championship game by a score of 116.2 to 116.0!  I had Philip Lindsay going in the last game and his final carry before his injury got me just enough!

This was a 10 team league at work with a bunch of football fans....So not just some dumb family league or some random league where nobody was playing.  We had a $100 entry fee so was a pretty darn nice payout!

My team was mostly led all year by Mahomes, Gordon, Conner, Hopkins and Hill.  Honorable mention to Chubb, Michel, Lindsay & Samuels as free agent pickups along the way that helped to overcome the Gordon & Conner injuries down the stretch.

One other interesting note was there were no trades made by my team.....no highway robbery type trades lol.  It was 100% drafted or free agent moves.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 4

I won my league thanks to Gurley, C-Mac, JuJu, TY, and Matt Ryan. Jaylen Samuels and Nick Chubb were my biggest waiver wire pickups and ended up helping me win my league.

I thought for sure I was going to lose to another team that had Brady/Goff, Thielen, Saquan, Melvin Gordon, Kelce, and James White, but luckily these guys all started off white hot and cooled down considerably during the last couple weeks. 

This was my first time winning after playing for 5 years and never even making the finals. Feels nice, but I had to put in a ton of time on this board and listening to podcasts lol. 

• Like 3

Congrats, fellow champs.  I won 1 of 2 money leagues--a 10 teamer with crazy rules.  Start 2 QB's (with +1/-1 per completion/incompletion), and one DP.  Huge bonuses for big plays, and huge point losses for mistakes.  Lots of different ways to either blow up or have your day ruined.  

Playoffs/Championship Starters:

QB 1: Mahomes

QB 2: Watson/Wilson, depending on matchup

RB1: Gordon, cuffed with Ekeler

RB 2: Henry (held on my bench all year)

WR1: Adams

WR2: Hilton

Flex: J. White/J. Gordon (sniff sniff)

TE: Kelce

DP: Jaylon Smith

D/ST: Stream--Dolphins week of championship.

K: Butker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue Balls said:

Congrats, fellow champs.  I won 1 of 2 money leagues--a 10 teamer with crazy rules.  Start 2 QB's (with +1/-1 per completion/incompletion), and one DP.  Huge bonuses for big plays, and huge point losses for mistakes.  Lots of different ways to either blow up or have your day ruined.  

Playoffs/Championship Starters:

QB 1: Mahomes

QB 2: Watson/Wilson, depending on matchup

RB1: Gordon, cuffed with Ekeler

RB 2: Henry (held on my bench all year)

WR1: Adams

WR2: Hilton

Flex: J. White/J. Gordon (sniff sniff)

TE: Kelce

DP: Jaylon Smith

D/ST: Stream--Dolphins week of championship.

K: Butker

Congrats! And hope those blue balls get taken care of soon!

• Haha 3

Dont know if this counts, 

i played in 3 leagues lost in my work league. Currently in the championship in my 12 team league. But I’m not taking about that league the real crazy story was my third league. 14 team non ppr, i was asked to join by one of my friends and all his high school friends. I was the off man out. Literally joined 30 min before draft day. Fast forward one whole season i came from 10th place up to finish #1. I won the championship only for everyone in the league to say they refused to pay. The commish decided everyone get there money back. I guess everyone was still salty i beat them in their own league 

2 hours ago, HOF12 said:

Dont know if this counts, 

i played in 3 leagues lost in my work league. Currently in the championship in my 12 team league. But I’m not taking about that league the real crazy story was my third league. 14 team non ppr, i was asked to join by one of my friends and all his high school friends. I was the off man out. Literally joined 30 min before draft day. Fast forward one whole season i came from 10th place up to finish #1. I won the championship only for everyone in the league to say they refused to pay. The commish decided everyone get there money back. I guess everyone was still salty i beat them in their own league 

WTF?

tumblr_mnw3w1xgxh1riqrcno1_500.gif?w=698

3 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

WTF?

tumblr_mnw3w1xgxh1riqrcno1_500.gif?w=698

Exactly my thoughts, told them I’ve never ever been in a league where ppl back out of paying. 6 yrs of playing fantasy and i never seen that. I guess just winning the championship is good enough 🤷🏽‍♂️

I went 2 for 2 this year with dramatically different teams.

-Won one superduper deep league with a top-heavy dynasty offense that I inherited, but I did have to do a lot of work with defensive players and bench/depth.  Went 15-1 with by far the best point total but squeezed out a tight final against the second-best team

-Won my other league in an all-time troll performance going 6-7 and making the playoffs as the 5th seed (with like the 8th/9th highest point total in a 12-team league), squeezed out my first round of the playoffs by less than a point after Dalvin Cook's junktime TD saved me then beat the two 12-1 teams in my league back-to-back - the first one with his worst game of the season by far, the second with my best game by far as I had to get FA's like Jamaal Williams, Robby Anderson and the Titans defense as one-week plug and plays in the championship I won like 170-150.  Anderson I only played after Josh Gordon went byebye on me.

Edited by AllWrightNow
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I won too. But stop bragging, act like you've been there before.... FFS

🤔

This is my first time playing in an ‘automatic’ yahoo league - where yahoo pays our winnings. Any idea on when to expect it? Just curious, thanks!

49 minutes ago, KBird705 said:

This is my first time playing in an ‘automatic’ yahoo league - where yahoo pays our winnings. Any idea on when to expect it? Just curious, thanks!

5c28604e9ff6e_Screenshot_20181230-1405102.thumb.png.16f1ed81e06cd7e2c83f1f1b9023bbf7.png

• Thanks 1

started out going 4-4 then went on an undefeated streak to take the championships! Honestly scrapped by most weeks winning by a point or two haha, but pretty darn good for my second time playing fantasyXD 

My 8-5 team toppled a 12-1 power house to take down the PPR crown. Feels good man

shout outs to the best WR in the game, DeAndre Hopkins, and his trusty sidekick George Kittle

• Like 1

I won the championship in 1 out of 4 leagues that I joined and came out ahead.  Paid a total of $175 to join the 4 and won $350 so I doubled my money.

It was a 2 qb league and I had Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Trubisky, Gordon, McCaffrey, Conner, Tyreek Hill and Amari Cooper.  My team was loaded.