Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

Things don't get too much easier next week vs Vikings.  Anybody benching until we see signs of life?  At least it's a home game.

1 minute ago, Tugginroot said:

Things don't get too much easier next week vs Vikings.  Anybody benching until we see signs of life?  At least it's a home game.

He played well against them last year.

• Like 1

Williams did nothing on the ground and had several missed blocks, hopefully his chances dwindle.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Williams did nothing on the ground and had several missed blocks, hopefully his chances dwindle.

Unfortunately, that exact same sentence can be said about Jones.  I expect a similar split until Jones can do something to stand out.

40 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Unfortunately, that exact same sentence can be said about Jones.  I expect a similar split until Jones can do something to stand out.

Jones at least had positive yardage on his carries, unlike Williams 5 carries 0 yds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tugginroot said:

Yeah, I'm definitely thinking about rolling out Guice over Jones if he plays well against the Eagles this Sunday.

• Like 1

Pretty rough schedule, just hoping Green Bay defense is really good and they can get leads on team's then wear defenses out with Jones 

• Like 2

Everyone needs to calm down. Yes Williams was out there quite a bit but thats because they changed their game plan completely. Jones was out there first two series in a row. They just could not get the run game going at all. So Rodgers being Rodgers went back to his gun slinging ways and yeah Williams is the better pass blocker. So he got more involved. The biggest takeaway from this is Jones 13 carries to Williams 5. Williams actually didn't even gain a single yard on those 5 carries. The only slight negative is they obviously still prefer Williams when it comes to pass blocking which will limit Jones production but its the NFL nowadays. Theres only so many Zekes and Barkleys and thats why they go in the first round. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The guy didn’t play all of preason with hamstring issues.  Injury issues in past.  He played the best run D first game back and had a few good runs.. 13 touches.  Willams is s---.  AJ is talented and the are handling him well to get back to game speed.

93 total yards and 1 touchdown against Vikings last year.  I’ll be keeping that in mind

Edited by Tghetty
  • Like 2

On 9/9/2019 at 8:19 PM, herschel said:

This is exactly why I'm trying to buy low right now. Packers run game hits full gear when the temps start dropping below 30 degrees. If Jones is creeping near 70% of the touches he's going to be just fine.

Edited by bigbluecrew56

Really worried about him... Lafleur is gonna mess him up... keep it coming!!! 

PS: I’m trying to buy low let’s keeep this up 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So is he a sure fire start this week? Packers home opener I’m picturing Jones bouncing back in the passing game at the very least with a chance at finding the end zone. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikepferrara said:

So is he a sure fire start this week? Packers home opener I’m picturing Jones bouncing back in the passing game at the very least with a chance at finding the end zone. 

Depends on what your options are.  I will be starting him. 

On 9/11/2019 at 9:35 AM, bigbluecrew56 said:

This is exactly why I'm trying to buy low right now. Packers run game hits full gear when the temps start dropping below 30 degrees. If Jones is creeping near 70% of the touches he's going to be just fine.

Are you saying Jones is the new "Snow Beast"?!

• Haha 2

Along with Jones having two-thirds of Green Bay's RB touches in Week 1, GB had an abnormally-low (for them) amount of snaps in Week 1.
GB only had 61 offensive snaps in Week 1 2019.
In the 2018 games in which Rodgers played the whole game (14 games, Games 2--15), GB averaged 68.42 offensive snaps.
Of those games, only 4 of 14 saw them have less than 61 offensive snaps.
Against Minnesota, they had 77 offensive snaps in Week 2 2018, and 76 in Week 12.
GB has a new coach, so we don't know the full impact that'll have on their pace/production in 2019.
But if GB can get about about, say, 70 offensive snaps today, Jones may well have an extra 6 touches from what he had last week. That'd be 20 touches.

On 9/13/2019 at 8:11 AM, chief79 said:

Are you saying Jones is the new "Snow Beast"?!

Don’t you dare.  

• Haha 1

Week 2 for Jones...

23 carries - 116 yards - 1 TD
4 catches - 34 yards
Total: 27 touches - 150 yards - 1 TD
Percentage of RB touches: 69.2% (27 of 39, as Williams had 9 carries and 3 catches)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

[Posts removed.  A player scoring points on your bench is not information that helps anyone else.  Take it to the CSB or Vent and Rant thread.]

1 hour ago, Corleone said:

Week 2 for Jones...

23 carries - 116 yards - 1 TD
4 catches - 34 yards
Total: 27 touches - 150 yards - 1 TD
Percentage of RB touches: 69.2% (27 of 39, as Williams had 9 carries and 3 catches)

Dude looked great. Every time he touched the ball he was gashing the Vikings for 4-8 yards.

• Like 3