Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I was doubting jones but not because of his talent. But because of him sharing work with Williams. This was obviously a great game and I hope he cemented his roll. But let’s not celebrate prematurely. The real question still remains. How much work is Williams going to get when he comes back?

Lol when do we get to celebrate? Week 10? Next season? 5.6 ypc, 27 touches, 4 TDs. Skeptics gonna skeptic 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hops said:

Lol when do we get to celebrate? Week 10? Next season? 5.6 ypc, 27 touches, 4 TDs. Skeptics gonna skeptic 

I loved the game. [...] Im just saying I’ll start to really celebrate when he plays significantly more snaps than Williams. Again most people weren’t doubting jones talent. They were hoping he would become a workhorse RB and with Williams that never happened.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 minutes ago, Hops said:

Only because we've seen this movie, Week 2. Welcome, have a seat. Popcorn's made fresh hourly.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:56 PM, Corleone said:

Fun fact for Jones...since being given a greater role in the middle of 2018, these have been the weekly RB ranks for Jones in PPR:

--Week 8 2018: #17 RB
--Week 9 2018: #28 RB
--Week 10 2018: #5 RB
--Week 11 2018: #3 RB
--Week 12 2018: #14 RB
--Week 13 2018: #14 RB
--Week 14 2018: #6 RB
--Week 15 2018: #75 RB (injured early in the game)
--Week 1 2019: #51 RB
--Week 2 2019: #2 RB

Updated totals...

Fun fact for Jones...since being given a greater role in the middle of 2018, these have been the weekly RB ranks for Jones in PPR:

--Week 8 2018: #17 RB
--Week 9 2018: #28 RB
--Week 10 2018: #5 RB
--Week 11 2018: #3 RB
--Week 12 2018: #14 RB
--Week 13 2018: #14 RB
--Week 14 2018: #6 RB
--Week 15 2018: #75 RB (injured early in the game)
--Week 1 2019: #51 RB
--Week 2 2019: #2 RB
--Week 3 2019: #16 RB
--Week 4 2019: #15 RB
--Week 5 2019: #1 RB

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I loved the game. He won it for me this week.  Im just saying I’ll start to really celebrate when he plays significantly more snaps than Williams. Again most people weren’t doubting jones talent. They were hoping he would become a workhorse RB and with Williams that never happened.

Pages and pages of this thread have been about doubting his talent and efficiency... I don’t think we were all hoping he would become a “workhorse” but rather just an elite fantasy football RB, which he has. Not much to discuss here folks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Sell high before Williams comes back and steals all his touches. 

😂😂😂😂

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Hops said:

Pages and pages of this thread have been about doubting his talent and efficiency... I don’t think we were all hoping he would become a “workhorse” but rather just an elite fantasy football RB, which he has. Not much to discuss here folks. 

He averaged over 5 yards a carry last year so I’m not sure who would really doubt his talent. Have you not seen all the “free Aaron Jones” comments? His biggest worry this year was Williams taking significant work from him. Anyway I’m hoping your right but again I’m not going to celebrate till I see he significantly out snaps Williams. 

7 minutes ago, drisser said:

Sell high before Williams comes back and steals all his touches. 

😂😂😂😂

I just traded for Jones 4 days ago and thats what Im afraid of. No idea why they haven't figured out Jones is the superior back to Jamawful Williams yet. Thinking I might try and sell high this next week. 

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I was doubting jones but not because of his talent. But because of him sharing work with Williams. This was obviously a great game and I hope he cemented his roll. But let’s not celebrate prematurely. The real question still remains. How much work is Williams going to get when he comes back?

I for one don’t mind williams taking carries away from jones. He’s the type of player that doesn’t need too many touches to be productive. If it means keeping home fresh that’s fine with me. Now they know he can do things through the air so all i really want is more receptions. 

Personally i wouldn’t trade away Aaron Jones but for those in need of some help in other areas right now would be a time to sell. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

I just traded for Jones 4 days ago and thats what Im afraid of. No idea why they haven't figured out Jones is the superior back to Jamawful Williams yet. Thinking I might try and sell high this next week. 

My post was mostly sarcastic, I'm not expecting 45 points every week but Jones is at worst an RB2 who could very well finish as an RB1. It would take a lot for me to trade him at this point.

• Like 1

Huge game for A Jones value.  Pacs see the need to get him involved (like AK 41 usage) in order to win.  He is the pacs secret weapon.  Big things to come from this guy even in Adams returning.

rodgers said himself he has his personal stats padded.  He wants to win no matter what moving forward.  

His wave to Byron Jones was one of the most disrespectful things I’ve ever seen lol. Tyreek Hill got flagged for a lot less - I think just the peace sign.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, drisser said:

My post was mostly sarcastic, I'm not expecting 45 points every week but Jones is at worst an RB2 who could very well finish as an RB1. It would take a lot for me to trade him at this point.

I will admit that I wasn't following the situation too closely before making the trade for Jones a few days ago, but is there a reason Williams snap count and touches were increasing every week before he got hurt last week? I made the trade expecting Jones to have a big game today and expecting him to get more of a featured role going forward. I was right about the first part, hoping I am right about the second part too and I dont see too much of Williams next week but Im not so sure. Thats why I would consider a great offer. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 1

I’m as big a Jones fan as anyone, but I’d strongly consider selling high before Williams comes back. We saw the same thing happen in Week 2, so I don’t see any reason Williams won’t continue to be involved once he returns. The talent is definitely there, but we’ll see as far as opportunity goes. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, drisser said:

If you could get RB1 value for him, i'd sell 100%. This is a great time to sell him. Literally 1 50-50 game with Jamaal Williams and his value will fall to mid r2 again.

1 hour ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

If you could get RB1 value for him, i'd sell 100%. This is a great time to sell him. Literally 1 50-50 game with Jamaal Williams and his value will fall to mid r2 again.

Can't predict the mind of LaFluer, but 8 tds so far is awfully impressive 5 games in. He is making it look easy. He runs with authority and sees the hole well. Obviously I am biased because I own him, but I am thrilled with the production. RB1 numbers at RB2/3 cost. That's a great return on investment. Williams is in the mold of Mike Davis. Doesn't hurt the team but does nothing special either. Here's hoping THIS Matt realizes what THAT Matt did.

1 hour ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

IMO, it would be foolish to try and move him right now. 

So touchdown dependent though.

Meaning if you started him, your opponent put a dent in his depends.

• Haha 2

Lmao 4 tds 175 all purpose yards later and people are still talking about being worried 

too much 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, akooreman180 said:

I’m as big a Jones fan as anyone, but I’d strongly consider selling high before Williams comes back. We saw the same thing happen in Week 2, so I don’t see any reason Williams won’t continue to be involved once he returns. The talent is definitely there, but we’ll see as far as opportunity goes. 

Every time i see somebody push this "sell high" narrative after a standout performance i remember Gurley's MVP candidate year where this idea went into overload and anybody foolish enough to listen was kicking themselves.

It's the most lazy, overused piece of advice going.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sartorialism said:

Every time i see somebody push this "sell high" narrative after a standout performance i remember Gurley's MVP candidate year where this idea went into overload and anybody foolish enough to listen was kicking themselves.

So cringe. That and, “he passes the eye test.” 

• Like 1

Sell for who?????  He is a top 10 RB with or without Williams, the guy is a monster near the goal line on an offense that gets near the goal line.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

No idea why they haven't figured out Jones is the superior back to Jamawful Williams yet.

They know he's better. They just want to manage his workload and keep him fresh/healthy. 

Sadly, it's just the NFL.

CMC and Fournette are the only bell cows left. Even Zeke is giving up run to Pollard this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sartorialism said:

In this case it might be true.

No Davante and No Jamal meant the offense was going to run though AJ.  It might not be like that for the rest of the season.

And whether you like it or not, they are going to limit his touches whenever they can to get him though the season healthy.

I'm not saying trade him for another RB2, but if someone were willing to trade a David Johnson, I'd think about it.

I'm not sure this TD pace is sustainable and you might want to trade for a player with a higher yardage floor than AJ.