Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

17 hours ago, n4sa said:

Jamaal Williams is seriously a JAG and I can't believe people are wasting high priority waivers on this guy. It's year 3, we've seen what he is compared to Jones. It was a bad game for Jones and he should be fine going forward. The RBBC does suck though.

Have you seen JWill's numbers when Jones is out? That's why. Not to mention he's still putting up flex numbers even with Jones playing. 

Everyone start Jones this week! 

Hes going to bounce back mark my words. I picked up j will just in case. But jones will be determined to have a great game. And I’ve had him since his rookie yr. after a bad game he’ll definitely bounce back. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HOF12 said:

Hes going to bounce back mark my words. I picked up j will just in case. But jones will be determined to have a great game. And I’ve had him since his rookie yr. after a bad game he’ll definitely bounce back. 

That's what kind of sucks about owning Jones.  Having to tie up a bench spot with JW.   

Just now, K197040 said:

That's what kind of sucks about owning Jones.  Having to tie up a bench spot with JW.   

I can't get on the "owning 2 backs from 1 team" mentality. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

I can't get on the "owning 2 backs from 1 team" mentality. 

I almost never do.  But I've owned Jones enough to know that neither he (nor Williams for that matter) is super durable.   If Jones was getting 75% of the carries, I wouldn't bother.  But the fact that Williams is startable means that someone else in my league would grab him and I'd be screwed if Jones goes down.

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

I almost never do.  But I've owned Jones enough to know that neither he (nor Williams for that matter) is super durable.   If Jones was getting 75% of the carries, I wouldn't bother.  But the fact that Williams is startable means that someone else in my league would grab him and I'd be screwed if Jones goes down.

I see what you're saying. But there are so many people that play both, and I just don't get it. Why use 2 slots on 1 teams 100% touches, when you can use that slot for a 75% toucher and another 75% toucher at best. Unless your backs are really that shallow..

7 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

I see what you're saying. But there are so many people that play both, and I just don't get it. Why use 2 slots on 1 teams 100% touches, when you can use that slot for a 75% toucher and another 75% toucher at best. Unless your backs are really that shallow..

I agree with you.  I hope to not ever have to start both.   But I don't think I could survive if Jones went down and I didn't have Williams.   Of course the downside is having to deal with the Packer's bye week.   As well as clogging up the bench.  

That being said, I can see the appeal of playing both.   If you're loaded at other positions  and just needing guaranteed points, I think you could rely on 25-30 from them combined most weeks.   With the possibility of some upside.

Edited by K197040

Since Aaron Jones began getting a bigger workload in Week 8 of the 2018 season, there have been 16 NFL weeks played. Here are the rankings for all RB's in PPR, across the past 16 NFL weeks...

image.png.984d42811be8a8d6f538b41206d87268.png

3 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Since Aaron Jones began getting a bigger workload in Week 8 of the 2018 season, there have been 16 NFL weeks played. Here are the rankings for all RB's in PPR, across the past 16 NFL weeks...

Wow.  CMC is dominant, huh?

5 minutes ago, Corleone said:

I'm not saying that he's not a good fantasy back.
But would like to see how his consistency compares.   Also, about 1/4 of Jone's points have come on 2 games where Williams was out.

Edited by K197040

Just now, herschel said:

Wow.  CMC is dominant, huh?

He definitely is heads and shoulders over everyone else. 
What I find funny though going below CMC, is that across the last 16 games, Jones is closer to Zeke than a guy like Mack is to Jones. Some people in this thread act like Jones is a bum when he has one bad week, when the fact is he has been an excellent fantasy RB. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Corleone said:

He definitely is heads and shoulders over everyone else. 
What I find funny though going below CMC, is that across the last 16 games, Jones is closer to Zeke than a guy like Mack is to Jones. Some people in this thread act like Jones is a bum when he has one bad week, when the fact is he has been an excellent fantasy RB. 

He's had 2 bad weeks this season.

Although after looking back to the end of last season through now, he's not as inconsistent as I thought.   He put up very good numbers while still splitting carries with Williams.

Edited by K197040

24 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I agree with you.  I hope to not ever have to start both.   But I don't think I could survive if Jones went down and I didn't have Williams.

Sounds like a drafting problem. In the event of a Jones injury, Williams should still be no better than your RB4/5

3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'm not saying that he's not a good fantasy back.
But would like to see how his consistency compares.   Also, about 1/4 of Jone's points have come on 2 games where Williams was out.

I've posted about this in the thread earlier...here's an update on his consistency (which has been very good):

Since being given a greater role in the middle of 2018, these have been the weekly RB ranks for Jones in PPR:
--Week 8 2018: #17 RB
--Week 9 2018: #28 RB
--Week 10 2018: #5 RB
--Week 11 2018: #3 RB
--Week 12 2018: #14 RB
--Week 13 2018: #14 RB
--Week 14 2018: #6 RB
--Week 15 2018: #75 RB (injured early in the game)
--Week 1 2019: #51 RB
--Week 2 2019: #2 RB
--Week 3 2019: #16 RB
--Week 4 2019: #15 RB
--Week 5 2019: #1 RB
--Week 6 2019: #33 RB

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Sounds like a drafting problem. In the event of a Jones injury, Williams should still be no better than your RB4/5

I went WR heavy so Jones is my RB1.  If he went down, no one else is going to realistically give me Jones production other than Williams.

Just now, Corleone said:

I've posted about this in the thread earlier...here's an update on his consistency (which has been very good):

Since being given a greater role in the middle of 2018, these have been the weekly RB ranks for Jones in PPR:
--Week 8 2018: #17 RB
--Week 9 2018: #28 RB
--Week 10 2018: #5 RB
--Week 11 2018: #3 RB
--Week 12 2018: #14 RB
--Week 13 2018: #14 RB
--Week 14 2018: #6 RB
--Week 15 2018: #75 RB (injured early in the game)
--Week 1 2019: #51 RB
--Week 2 2019: #2 RB
--Week 3 2019: #16 RB
--Week 4 2019: #15 RB
--Week 5 2019: #1 RB
--Week 6 2019: #33 RB

Ah...my bad.  I actually remember reading this post.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, K197040 said:

He's had 2 bad weeks this season.

Although after looking back to the end of last season through now, he's not as inconsistent as I thought.   He put up very good numbers while still splitting carries with Williams.

What I mean is once he has one bad game, some people freak out. Happened after Week 1 too. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HOF12 said:

lol - HES GOING TO PUT UP 40 POINTS I PROMISE YOU. but i have his backup in case he doesn't. 😂

• Haha 1

I suppose that with the situation they have this week (perhaps playing at WR some guy from the street) there will be more than enough work for both Jones and Williams. Let's see if we can avoid these fumble and bad drop issues.

Where are all the critics now? Simply embarrassing 

• Like 2

that catch was a thing of beauty

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 4

RB1 and holding

• Like 2

Lol I posted that Jones is a low end RB1 and can still be a valuable RB a week ago and I got crucified by so many people here. Hope you guys sold Jones for scraps because people were saying he wasn’t even an RB2 and is worse than jamaal. 

• Like 1