Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, brosephd said:

he's as boom or bust as it gets. will win or lose your matchup. and depends on game script

I wouldn’t say he’s boom or bust.  He’s all over the place from bad games to great games to everything in between.

He’s just wildly inconsistent and highly TD dependent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just shocked his receptions have ended and his usage is now more sporadic... if hes hurt I'd like to hear it this week so I can replace him in my line up otherwise I dont want to miss the 3 make up tds hes owed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jones has the same curse every other RB on the Packers has had over the past decade, Aaron Rodgers.  When you have a HOF QB  that doesn't throw INTs often, you obviously have more options inside the 5 yard line.  Jones had a TD called back on a hold, that's just bad luck.  But then later he got stopped on the 1/2 or 1 yard line.  So, naturally, on the next play, you throw it to your 35 year old TE who had 10 receptions all season and hasn't caught a TD.  Those two plays will more than likely cost me the win this week but that's what you get with Packers RBs.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw yesterday on an update Aaron Jones got the ball to the 1-yard line on 1st and goal and then they threw a pass on 2nd down. Why? This has happened a lot this season where they refuse to let him pound the rock into the endzone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dre said:

Jones has the same curse every other RB on the Packers has had over the past decade, Aaron Rodgers.  When you have a HOF QB  that doesn't throw INTs often, you obviously have more options inside the 5 yard line.  Jones had a TD called back on a hold, that's just bad luck.  But then later he got stopped on the 1/2 or 1 yard line.  So, naturally, on the next play, you throw it to your 35 year old TE who had 10 receptions all season and hasn't caught a TD.  Those two plays will more than likely cost me the win this week but that's what you get with Packers RBs.  

That's every team in the league though, other teams throw from the 1 yard line as well. Or have their QB sneak it in, it's not a Packers thing.  Ib would guess the Packers are about average in that area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dre said:

Jones has the same curse every other RB on the Packers has had over the past decade, Aaron Rodgers.  When you have a HOF QB  that doesn't throw INTs often, you obviously have more options inside the 5 yard line.  Jones had a TD called back on a hold, that's just bad luck.  But then later he got stopped on the 1/2 or 1 yard line.  So, naturally, on the next play, you throw it to your 35 year old TE who had 10 receptions all season and hasn't caught a TD.  Those two plays will more than likely cost me the win this week but that's what you get with Packers RBs.  

If they score can you really blame them? I watched the game.. he got stuffed at least twice from the 1 yard line and had a TD called back for a holding penalty. He's been money around the GL and you'd hope they'd pound it to him every time ala Henry and the Titans, but in the end they'll do whatever it takes for 6.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually more confident now than before the Giants game. It looks like MLF finally figured out keep Jones on the field and good things happen.  He was also targeted 6 times with 4 receptions which I think is the most in a game for him since Adams returned.  TD called back and another couple goal line rushes that got stuffed.  The GMen were clearly selling out against the run in that blizzard.  I think he will smash Washington as they're going to game plan to stop Rodgers/ Devante. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Olliemets said:

If they score can you really blame them? I watched the game.. he got stuffed at least twice from the 1 yard line and had a TD called back for a holding penalty. He's been money around the GL and you'd hope they'd pound it to him every time ala Henry and the Titans, but in the end they'll do whatever it takes for 6.

 

As a Packers fan, of course you can't blame them.  6 is 6 no matter who scores.  But I still maintain, that they get "too cute" around the GL because they have Rodgers.  Prime example is the loss to the Eagles.  They had 1st and goal from the 1 yd line if memory serves me correctly.  They attempted 4 passes instead of trying to run it.  If the Packers had Tannenhill under center instead of Rodgers, I'd be willing to bet they would have tried to run it at least once in that situation.   

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dre said:

 

As a Packers fan, of course you can't blame them.  6 is 6 no matter who scores.  But I still maintain, that they get "too cute" around the GL because they have Rodgers.  Prime example is the loss to the Eagles.  They had 1st and goal from the 1 yd line if memory serves me correctly.  They attempted 4 passes instead of trying to run it.  If the Packers had Tannenhill under center instead of Rodgers, I'd be willing to bet they would have tried to run it at least once in that situation.   

Exactly, as a Jones and C Carson owner in one league, when the team has a first and goal on the one or two yard line you better hope they run on 1st down.  And you damn well better hope it goes for a TD because Rodgers and Wilson are just itching to run the expected play action pass (yes many times for a TD) but not to your player.  You'd think defensive coordinators would know it was probably coming as well and try to defend it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Anything to see here with the Tyler Ervin signing?  Blurb mentions an ankle injury.  I don't recall hearing anything about this yesterday.

 

yeah I'd like to know more about that

 

not really looking at drafting this cat in 2020

the highs and lows are to much for my high blood pressure

NMGBB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Green Bay Packers running back Aaron Jones suffered an injury on the team’s Week 13 opening touchdown drive, and spent a brief period in the team’s medical tent. He has since exited the tent, but appears to be working through a lower body issue, according to beat writer Matt Schneidman.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to trust Jones going forward, maybe it was injury related, but I would rather gamble with the Seahawks timeshare than the Green Bay timeshare as of now. Will probably go off on my bench next week though as all players do.  

Edited by shift05
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 3:06 PM, Flint55 said:

Exactly, as a Jones and C Carson owner in one league, when the team has a first and goal on the one or two yard line you better hope they run on 1st down.  And you damn well better hope it goes for a TD because Rodgers and Wilson are just itching to run the expected play action pass (yes many times for a TD) but not to your player.  You'd think defensive coordinators would know it was probably coming as well and try to defend it.  

to be fair it seems like every time the seahawks run that little roll out with wilson at the goalline either he walks it in untouched or the defense steps to him and the TE is wide open by 5 yards. i honestly don't understand why more teams don't run plays like that down around the goalline. 

Jones is what he is at this point. Given the matchup I feel like i have to start him and I'm confident he will give me between 3 and 35 points. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta ride with him at this point unless he really is injured. I don't feel comfortable about it but if you're in the playoffs, he's most likely a big reason why you made it.

Let's get it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 9:32 AM, dre said:

 

As a Packers fan, of course you can't blame them.  6 is 6 no matter who scores.  But I still maintain, that they get "too cute" around the GL because they have Rodgers.  Prime example is the loss to the Eagles.  They had 1st and goal from the 1 yd line if memory serves me correctly.  They attempted 4 passes instead of trying to run it.  If the Packers had Tannenhill under center instead of Rodgers, I'd be willing to bet they would have tried to run it at least once in that situation.   

 

14 hours ago, n4sa said:

Gotta ride with him at this point unless he really is injured. I don't feel comfortable about it but if you're in the playoffs, he's most likely a big reason why you made it.

Let's get it.

 

Really really really hoping he gets back on track. I been counting on him all year and seing Jamal williams catch more passes is starting to give me little heart attacks. I can’t bench him but i feel bad starting him. Not this week but week 15 & 16. 

Id feel more confident if they had more plays designed just for him. Similar to what they ran against KC. Line him up wide or designed screen plays. But they always seem to run those plays with Jamal instead 😪

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

 

 

Really really really hoping he gets back on track. I been counting on him all year and seing Jamal williams catch more passes is starting to give me little heart attacks. I can’t bench him but i feel bad starting him. Not this week but week 15 & 16. 

Id feel more confident if they had more plays designed just for him. Similar to what they ran against KC. Line him up wide or designed screen plays. But they always seem to run those plays with Jamal instead 😪

The scary thing is needing 3 non-duds in a row. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does it have to be 40 points or 4.  What is with this situation?  Look at someone like Ekeler.  They throw him the ball and he makes plays.  Why can't the Packers do something like that for this guy.  He is the best player they have on offense.  USE HIM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Why does it have to be 40 points or 4.  What is with this situation?  Look at someone like Ekeler.  They throw him the ball and he makes plays.  Why can't the Packers do something like that for this guy.  He is the best player they have on offense.  USE HIM.

Lafleur same idiot as McCarthy somehow... but at least McCarthy learned lesson before getting axe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Lafleur same idiot as McCarthy somehow... but at least McCarthy learned lesson before getting axe

 

While it's frustrating for fantasy, Lafleur has them at 9-3.  Durability with Jones has been a concern in the past.   So maybe he's doing the right thing and trying to ensure he has Jones for the playoffs.

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Why does it have to be 40 points or 4.  What is with this situation?  Look at someone like Ekeler.  They throw him the ball and he makes plays.  Why can't the Packers do something like that for this guy.  He is the best player they have on offense.  USE HIM.

Lol, First off, Aaron Rodgers and DaVante Adams are by far the best players in that offense. 2nd, other than the blowout to Baltimore, they have won 4 out of their last 5 games. They don't need Aaron Jones to score points for your fantasy football team. They need to win games to secure a playoff spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Lafleur same idiot as McCarthy somehow... but at least McCarthy learned lesson before getting axe

Lafleur is 9-3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.