Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

They are not a 9-3 team. They are terrible When facing good defenses. You can sugar coat it by saying he is 9-3, but they need more offense. 

3 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

They are not a 9-3 team. They are terrible When facing good defenses. You can sugar coat it by saying he is 9-3, but they need more offense. 

I don't get this comment. They're 9-3 while playing a host of playoff teams and a number of good defenses. 11th in PPG and have the most wins of any team in the league against teams with a winning record. People want to dog GB but fail to realize that the majority of their schedule has been against playoff or fringe playoff teams. Yes they got pounded by the cream of the NFC crop, but that doesn't take away from them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

The scary thing is needing 3 non-duds in a row. 

I only need 2 non dudes tbh. But would like to see him do well against Washington to get the coaches and players confidence back up. But now that i think about it he went into the bye week with a big game. Yes zero catches but after the bye he had a insanely tough matchup. Which he only got one target. Afterwards the media grilled Matt Lefleur about not giving jones passing down work. And man did the reports asked the right question. Then a prime matchup came after SF where the weather wasn’t terrible. He got 6 targets which is encouraging. So maybe we are just making this up to be more than what it is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

I don't get this comment. They're 9-3 while playing a host of playoff teams and a number of good defenses. 11th in PPG and have the most wins of any team in the league against teams with a winning record. People want to dog GB but fail to realize that the majority of their schedule has been against playoff or fringe playoff teams. Yes they got pounded by the cream of the NFC crop, but that doesn't take away from them. 

Only thing i can say is that in tough match ups the offense seems to go away from the running game and jones. 

Chargers, eagles and SF. 

So they really just need to trust their own players in giving them opportunities rather than go away from them. 

Against sf they couldn’t run i understand that but what do great teams to when they can run. They pass to the Running back. Yet jones only got 1 target all game. 

Things are going to get better since ppl have been grilling Matt ever since going away from Aaron jones. 

24 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Packers

Green BayPackers

• 9-3
  • 1st in NFC North

Although I will add that that not running the ball from the 1 (four times in a row) cost them a W.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oscar44 said:

Lafleur is 9-3.

They have regular forums elsewhere for NFL discussions... logical talk there... here I'm in a fantasy league 

18 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Who cares about GB record, all i care about is Jones the next 3 weeks.

This is my point... especially considering the forum we are in...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Who cares about GB record, all i care about is Jones the next 3 weeks.

The point is that there’s no real impetus for LeFleur to change things up because they’re winning.

This guy is literally going to cost me a chip, can't wait for him to drop 4 points this week.

2 hours ago, JStyles said:

This guy is literally going to cost me a chip, can't wait for him to drop 4 points this week.

He wont cost a chip this week... this week he'll get it done

Jamaal LP with a knee concern, its thursday... Ill take a more limited Jamaal role, lets get Jones a couple more touches. 

Just now, Zekepeak86 said:

Jamaal LP with a knee concern, its thursday... Ill take a more limited Jamaal role, lets get Jones a couple more touches. 

This is quite the problem for those who intended to run both though.

22 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

This is quite the problem for those who intended to run both though.

I don't know.   If Williams is very limited then Jones can put up numbers close to what they would have been combined.  Then use the other RB slot for a league winner like Ronald Jones.   

3 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I don't know.   If Williams is very limited then Jones can put up numbers close to what they would have been combined.  Then use the other RB slot for a league winner like Ronald Jones.   

Yeah, I'm just hoping he is out by tomorrow. We really need LaFleur to be forced to give Jones 20-25 touches.

• Like 1

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, I'm just hoping he is out by tomorrow. We really need LaFleur to be forced to give Jones 20-25 touches.

Man...I'm due for things turning my way like that.

• Like 1

Could be a big boon for Aaron if he’s out. Green Bay should be winning this game fairly easily in the second half and I would expect there to be a lot of carries. Jamaal was surely to get a fair share of those. I sure as heck need it. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 5:40 PM, JoeJoe88 said:

Could be a big boon for Aaron if he’s out. Green Bay should be winning this game fairly easily in the second half and I would expect there to be a lot of carries. Jamaal was surely to get a fair share of those. I sure as heck need it. 

Seems like Williams is still gonna play...

So how do you guys think the game is going to flow? Rodgers will find Adams for long plays with Jones and Wiliams splitting carriers in the first half. Perhaps Jones gets a TD run or two in the first half? Then by 4th quarter, williams kills the clock?

2 hours ago, shift05 said:

"Heading into Sunday's matchup against the Green Bay Packers, the Redskins' defensive plan is to take away the run game and try to put the ball in Rodgers' hands."

Https://amp.nfl.com/news

Could be another negative game script for Jones, as Green Bay should be more than capable, and willing, to air out the ball.

Honestly, should be a lot of scoring opportunities for Jones if they sell out the run. There's no way they can stop Aaron Rodgers with a healthy Adams. This could also be a blowout game.

What does Washington do? Run the ball and control the clock. What is Green Bays biggest weakness? Stopping the run. I've got a bad feeling about playing Jones today, not only is he alternating drives with William's, but Jones has been going to the sideline during his series alot, while William's never takes himself out. Add that to the fact that the skins will shorten the game by pounding green Bays terrible run D and what do we get? 10 touches for 30 yards. I think I'm better off playing benny Snell who will get close to 20 touches vs the cards s---y D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, philnutz said:

What does Washington do? Run the ball and control the clock. What is Green Bays biggest weakness? Stopping the run. I've got a bad feeling about playing Jones today, not only is he alternating drives with William's, but Jones has been going to the sideline during his series alot, while William's never takes himself out. Add that to the fact that the skins will shorten the game by pounding green Bays terrible run D and what do we get? 10 touches for 30 yards. I think I'm better off playing benny Snell who will get close to 20 touches vs the cards s---y D

Snell is the safer play today

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, philnutz said:

Apparently he was dealing with a minor injury that game