Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 of last 4 games had single digits in PPR.  Starting him but far from confidant.  Praying for the best....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Aaron Jones ended up with 192 total yards, 6 catches and a TD. I'm pretty sure Benny Snell won't do that well.

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So that was Washington selling out to stop the run?

Honestly, I was already satisfied after the early TD.  Thought even if they split carries from that point, he’d end up with at least 15.  

Edited by K197040

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's showing up when it counts right now. Let's keep this ball rolling.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Funny how huge this dude would be if plodder Williams wasn't taking 50% of snaps


No doubt.  It’s been the theme of this entire thread.  His stats would be up there with Cook.  Still Jones has been strong for his ADP

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Need another blowup performance vs. a solid Bears D this week 🙏🏻

Bears run D is definitely vulnerable.  I'm not worried at all.

The Vikings in Week 16 is my main concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Funny how huge this dude would be if plodder Williams wasn't taking 50% of snaps

 

When they have both split the workload, Williams has out-produced him more times than not. But when Jones sees the majority of the work, he seems to thrive. Not rocket science here, RBs needs to see a consistent amount of work thru the game, not in and out from series to series and sitting for 20 minutes. La Fluer seems set on a two back system unfortunately which means Williams will probably be seeing more work next week again. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

When they have both split the workload, Williams has out-produced him more times than not. But when Jones sees the majority of the work, he seems to thrive. Not rocket science here, RBs needs to see a consistent amount of work thru the game, not in and out from series to series and sitting for 20 minutes. La Fluer seems set on a two back system unfortunately which means Williams will probably be seeing more work next week again. 

I really don't understand why they don't get this.  RB's need to get enough consecutive carries to get a feel for the defense.  Jerking them in and out makes no sense.

Williams is good enough that the Packers aren't done if Jones gets hurt.   I'd be running Jones pretty heavily and know that if he did get hurt, I'd be able to plug in Williams. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I really don't understand why they don't get this.  RB's need to get enough consecutive carries to get a feel for the defense.  Jerking them in and out makes no sense.

Williams is good enough that the Packers aren't done if Jones gets hurt.   I'd be running Jones pretty heavily and know that if he did get hurt, I'd be able to plug in Williams. 

 

Im not sure what's going on there, it is very odd. Its not like Jones can't catch passes and he's only a two down back and Williams needs to come in every passing down. It doesn't look like he's gassed and needs to take entire series off, I don't get it. I think Jones proved he could be a featured back when Williams was out. Now if he was only getting 2 yards a carry off 10-12 carries, then maybe you go to Williams to see if he can get something going but that hasn't been the case. Most times they have just split time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dexter75 said:

 

Im not sure what's going on there, it is very odd. Its not like Jones can't catch passes and he's only a two down back and Williams needs to come in every passing down. It doesn't look like he's gassed and needs to take entire series off, I don't get it. I think Jones proved he could be a featured back when Williams was out. Now if he was only getting 2 yards a carry off 10-12 carries, then maybe you go to Williams to see if he can get something going but that hasn't been the case. Most times they have just split time. 

I'm hoping that this was the game where LeFleur gets all of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Bears run D is definitely vulnerable.  I'm not worried at all.

The Vikings in Week 16 is my main concern.

 

The same Vikings he went 23/116 with two TDs and 4 receptions for 34 yards on? Yea, Im not worried. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K197040 said:

I'm hoping that this was the game where LeFleur gets all of that. 

 

He should have got it after the Cowboys game, then after the Chiefs game, then after the Panthers game...Im not sure he gets it haha 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dexter75 said:

 

The same Vikings he went 23/116 with two TDs and 4 receptions for 34 yards on? Yea, Im not worried. 

Fair enough.   You made me look at their game log and you're right.  They do give up big games to good RB.    Especially to dual threat RB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dexter75 said:

 

He should have got it after the Cowboys game, then after the Chiefs game, then after the Panthers game...Im not sure he gets it haha 

I know.  I hear you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

 

He should have got it after the Cowboys game, then after the Chiefs game, then after the Panthers game...Im not sure he gets it haha 

giphy.gif

Matt LaFleur <---> Bruce Arians

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

giphy.gif

Matt LaFleur <---> Bruce Arians

As a Jones/Jones owner, that's particularly funny af. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Bears run D is definitely vulnerable.  I'm not worried at all.

The Vikings in Week 16 is my main concern.

Bears are probably getting akeim hicks back.  Not sure if roquan will be out I think he has a torn pectoral. I think I’d be more worried about the bears D than the Vikings at this point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Bears are probably getting akeim hicks back.  Not sure if roquan will be out I think he has a torn pectoral. I think I’d be more worried about the bears D than the Vikings at this point. 

Good point about Hicks.  Although Roquan is out for the year.

Edited by K197040

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If and that's a big IF, LaFleur has finally figured out that Jones gives them the best opportunity to win, he would be match-up proof.  I think LaFleur still believes that Williams is still the superior pass blocker and that's why he is in most times when they are in the hurry up.  I'm only speculating here though.  It's the only thing that makes sense to me as to why Williams is still getting so much playing time.  It should be around a 70/30 split between Jones and Williams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that don’t get the split with Williams, it’s to keep Jones fresh. As much as we all want a 30 touch workhorse, that just doesn’t make practical sense. Williams is playing well and makes it easy for the coaching staff to justify a split. I personally am happy with the workload. If Lafluer gave him the 25 touches a game you’re begging for, Jones likely would be injured by now. Just be happy with the returns. He has been an absolute joy to own this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

For those that don’t get the split with Williams, it’s to keep Jones fresh. As much as we all want a 30 touch workhorse, that just doesn’t make practical sense. Williams is playing well and makes it easy for the coaching staff to justify a split. I personally am happy with the workload. If Lafluer gave him the 25 touches a game you’re begging for, Jones likely would be injured by now. Just be happy with the returns. He has been an absolute joy to own this year. 

I  mean you're right.   I get why LeFleur is splitting the carries.   And you can't look at their record and say he's wrong.   But it just seems like he shouldn't just be rotating drives between the two.   He needs to try to get Jones going.   Imo, he needs to give Jones a couple of full series with mixing in Williams.   As opposed to just switching them completely every other possession.

 

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

For those that don’t get the split with Williams, it’s to keep Jones fresh. As much as we all want a 30 touch workhorse, that just doesn’t make practical sense. Williams is playing well and makes it easy for the coaching staff to justify a split. I personally am happy with the workload. If Lafluer gave him the 25 touches a game you’re begging for, Jones likely would be injured by now. Just be happy with the returns. He has been an absolute joy to own this year. 

 

I'm not sure anyone is calling for a 30 touch workhorse role from Jones.  I know that I'm not.  I'm looking for some consistency with his touches.  I know there are mitigating factors that play into how many touches a player gets.  But Jones should get 20 touches per game.  Also, to suggest that if he were to get 25 touches a game would result in "him being injured by now" is pure speculation.  There is nothing to suggest that is the case.  Since 2017 he's missed 5 games due to sprained MCLs.  Not much a player can do about injuries like that.  It isn't like he is constantly battling "soft tissue" problems like Alshon Jeffrey.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...