Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, dre said:

Nope, I'm not.  I'm only saying that I would like to see Jones's usage be more consistent.  Maybe the game against the Chargers turns out differently if they get Jones involved in the passing game like they did the week before against the Chiefs.  Maybe they beat the Eagles if they give Jones a couple of tries to punch the ball in from the goal line when they had 4 tries.  Just because they are 10-3 doesn't mean we can't be critical of the team.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

The packers are 10-3...are you guys saying they would be undefeated by feeding Aaron Jones non-stop? Seems like what they are doing is working...

I agree I’m not taking anything away from the chargers eagles and niners but i do think the games would have been a lot closer had they give jones the ball more. I mean to give him just 1 target against the niners vs Jamal getting 7 was just idiotic. Yes these defenses stopped the run. But a lot of drives did seem to die with Jamal in there. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean, if that were the case then most people would be working from home. It is much safer than getting in your car everyday and driving to work. More exposure to anything poses a greater risk. An NFL player can go down on any play. Do you want to minimize risk of injury to a player or maximize winning potential game to game? Because playing that game is always risky business. LaFleur IS a raging idiot that is blind to the talent of Jones. He should be averaging 20 touches per game

I understand it’s not the popular opinion in the Aaron Jones fantasy thread, but Lafluer is doing a great job with Jones’ usage. He’s keeping his explosive playmaker fresh and getting him the ball in space where he can make plays. His team is 10-3, and both backs are healthy. Fact is, Jones is probably going to be more effective on carry 12 than carry 23. He’s not built to be Zeke or Fournette and wear down a defense, but he can create big explosive plays when he is fresh. This is the type of player he is. I’m not going to complain about the usage that has brought me a top 5 RB.

18 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

For those that don’t get the split with Williams, it’s to keep Jones fresh. As much as we all want a 30 touch workhorse, that just doesn’t make practical sense. Williams is playing well and makes it easy for the coaching staff to justify a split. I personally am happy with the workload. If Lafluer gave him the 25 touches a game you’re begging for, Jones likely would be injured by now. Just be happy with the returns. He has been an absolute joy to own this year. 

Keeping him fresh doesn't make sense.  Is he that fragile he cannot have 5-10 more touches a game?  Or do they purposely want to play a worse back the same amount of time and stall the offense and drives and not score points for the speculative purpose of keeping him healthyt? If you want to look at large workloads and teams not worrying about injury speculation look at Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey.  I don't see them worrying about future health vs. present production, and Dalvin has been more injury prone than Jones.  If the player is healthy and presents the best chance for them to win, I don't see why he's not on the field.  I agree with above poster that he atleast shouldn't be rotating series anymore as he's established himself as the clear 1A.  Just bring in Williams for when he needs a breather. The offense, and Packers will all be better off for it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I understand it’s not the popular opinion in the Aaron Jones fantasy thread, but Lafluer is doing a great job with Jones’ usage. He’s keeping his explosive playmaker fresh and getting him the ball in space where he can make plays. His team is 10-3, and both backs are healthy. Fact is, Jones is probably going to be more effective on carry 12 than carry 23. He’s not built to be Zeke or Fournette and wear down a defense, but he can create big explosive plays when he is fresh. This is the type of player he is. I’m not going to complain about the usage that has brought me a top 5 RB.

Did you forget about 3 of last 5 games under 40 yards rushing, no TDs, no targets or receptions? That doesn't scream explosive playmaker, even with the fresh, and limited workload. 

My only complaint regarding LaFleur is, his sporadic use of Jones in the passing game.  Is no excuse not to get him 4/5 targets a game.  

14 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

The packers are 10-3...are you guys saying they would be undefeated by feeding Aaron Jones non-stop? Seems like what they are doing is working...

Their point differential is only 39. and look like they could be massively overrated. If LeFleur tries to pull that rotation business In playoffs, good luck. There's a reason no other pro teams do it.  

6 minutes ago, RonnieRonaldo said:

Their point differential is only 39. and look like they could be massively overrated. If LeFleur tries to pull that rotation business In playoffs, good luck. There's a reason no other pro teams do it.  

Patriots rotate backs and it wins Super Bowls...saints, chiefs, eagles, etc...

8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Patriots rotate backs and it wins Super Bowls...saints, chiefs, eagles, etc...

Something is out of place there...🧐

• Haha 3

Anyone else worried Akiem Hicks is coming back for this game? AJ didnt do so well the first game against the bears but they are at home this time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Elcapitan said:

Anyone else worried Akiem Hicks is coming back for this game? AJ didnt do so well the first game against the bears but they are at home this time.

It definitely hurts the Packers run game with Hicks back.  However, they played the Bears week 1.  I'm willing to give LaFleur and team somewhat of a pass as it was their first game with their new head coach.  Here's to hoping Jones sees 20-25 touches this week.

• Like 1

How’s the community feeeñing about him today? [...]

I really hope Matt lefleur doesn’t go away from him and gives him plenty of targets. 

It seems like in games like these he stops play calling passes to him 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

the lack of passes has been ridiculous... this kid goes nuts in open space. I pretty much committed to sitting for the Wildcard Boone.better matchup against Green Bay. [...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Haha 1

He’s had minnys number last few games.  Lots of confidence going into a Monday night holiday game.  Hopefully coach recognizes this.  Big game

incoming for Jones 🍴🍖 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tghetty said:

He’s had minnys number last few games.  Lots of confidence going into a Monday night holiday game.  Hopefully coach recognizes this.  Big game

incoming for Jones 🍴🍖 

Yeah i looked back to 2018 and he had 78 plus a touchdown at Minnesota. 

I really do hope he gets at least 7 receptions. His last 4 out of 6 games he’s had 4 targets or less 😐 

it’s clear this coach just hates scheming pass plays for him 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Yeah i looked back to 2018 and he had 78 plus a touchdown at Minnesota. 

I really do hope he gets at least 7 receptions. His last 4 out of 6 games he’s had 4 targets or less 😐 

it’s clear this coach just hates scheming pass plays for him 

7 at least?

Not so sure it’s the coach ....Aaron Rodgers doesn’t always play according to plan, and there’s a LOT of times that jones is running open and the “oh so keen” Rodgers “doesn’t see him waving.” And throws the ball away 

1 hour ago, dsrich said:

7 at least?

Yes 7 gotta aim high! He needs to have a big game if the packers want any chance of winning the division. 

The story will be

Packers lose to Minnesota with only giving a.jones 3 targets. 

The media will have a field day. 

6 hours ago, jiamm14 said:

the lack of passes has been ridiculous... this kid goes nuts in open space. I pretty much committed to sitting for the Wildcard Boone.better matchup against Green Bay. [...] 

Lol I hope you came to your senses before the game.

• Haha 2

Fantasy MVP for my team. Guy single handily won me multiple weeks and came up massive in the biggest game of the year.

Absolute stud even with Williams vulturing him left and right and not getting the amount of carries he should.

Edited by Edgeraid
  • Like 1