Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, LeeVanCleef said:

I just thought there would at least be a few more screen/dump offs drawn up for him but that wasn't the case. I'm now a little hesitant to put him out there next week until I see how this shakes out with williams.

They tried a screen to Jones on the first series and it got blown up for no gain. I think after that they kinda threw the gameplan out the window. Let’s be honest... the offense looked terrible except for when Rodgers was just improvising.

I expect a better gameplan with a long week to prepare at home not against the best defense in the league.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

They tried a screen to Jones on the first series and it got blown up for no gain. I think after that they kinda threw the gameplan out the window. Let’s be honest... the offense looked terrible except for when Rodgers was just improvising.

I expect a better gameplan with a long week to prepare at home not against the best defense in the league.

Agreed with you. And on that screen pass, that was a very good play by the Bears defender. If he doesn't make that solid play, it looked like that could have been a long gainer for Jones. 

I’m not concerned about AJ. 

Williams will have a role but Jones will get a majority of the carries. I do hope he will get some more opportunities in the passing game. This was a tough matchup and the offense looked rusty. 

I expect a better game from the packers next week. 

• Like 2

Bears D was good. Packers O was bad.

But game script favored Jones and he had 13 carries and a target, and looked EXCEPTIONALLY bad every time he touched the ball. I think he had one play that was like a 9 yard run that even under the circumstances was the only half decent play he made all night. 

There is a meme going around that he was a drunk sorority girl stumbling around on the field last night. 

He looks like the type of player that can use his burst to beat up on bad teams but his complete lack of vision is concerning in any challenging situation. 

This is not a guy I ant to own anywhere.

18 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Was thinking the same.  There were several times that I thought he was open in the flat but Rodgers never looked back across the field.

Yeah, there were a few times throughout the game where I saw AJ open but Rodgers was solely focused down the field looking for the long pass.

14 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I know but they completely abandoned it which is my concern. Just 1 target. They never went back to it. But yeah, they looked like a** out there.

17 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

Bears D was good. Packers O was bad.

But game script favored Jones and he had 13 carries and a target, and looked EXCEPTIONALLY bad every time he touched the ball. I think he had one play that was like a 9 yard run that even under the circumstances was the only half decent play he made all night. 

There is a meme going around that he was a drunk sorority girl stumbling around on the field last night. 

He looks like the type of player that can use his burst to beat up on bad teams but his complete lack of vision is concerning in any challenging situation. 

This is not a guy I ant to own anywhere.

Completely disagree not a jones owner. He did NOT look bad the def was on him every single time, when he finally got a hole in the 2nd half he did well. This was a TOUGH match up and he should do better next week. 

• Like 1

Well i was a bit off last night. The later stages i think midway through the 3rd and throughout was nice to see Jones out there much more than Williams unlike the first half when the split series right down the middle. A couple times he was close to grabbing a 15 yard run but was just snagged for only a couple. Not much preseason work from the first team together and week 1 against a good front 7... It couldve been much worse.

2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

. It couldve been much worse.

It could have been 4 points worse. 

4 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Completely disagree not a jones owner. He did NOT look bad the def was on him every single time, when he finally got a hole in the 2nd half he did well. This was a TOUGH match up and he should do better next week. 

You can’t say he didn’t look bad. He looked ******** AWFUL. Inexcusably bad. There are literally memes across the internet right now making fun of him for looking drunk on the field. Don’t lie

6 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Well i was a bit off last night. The later stages i think midway through the 3rd and throughout was nice to see Jones out there much more than Williams unlike the first half when the split series right down the middle. A couple times he was close to grabbing a 15 yard run but was just snagged for only a couple. Not much preseason work from the first team together and week 1 against a good front 7... It couldve been much worse.

Wait, how could it have been worse?

Jones scored 3.9 fantasy points on 14 touches, and looked even worse than that doing it. 

He's gonna be a matchup dependent RB2 IE when you think the game flow will warrant Pack running a lot he should have some solid games as Williams is no threat at all running the rock.

Sucks that the GB RB position used to be a year in year out fantasy goldmine but ever since Fat Eddy ruined the gig it has been downhill for GB RBs. 

I'm not going to overreact to one game, especially one played against the Bears D, but he did not look good out there.  Jamaal Williams playing so much also is concerning. Lack of passing game involvement was concerning, only 1 reception.  And 2 for Jamaal?  Does the Pack have a third down back, or do they just not utilize the RBs?  Hoping for better games to come.

8 minutes ago, CooL said:

I'm not going to overreact to one game, especially one played against the Bears D, but he did not look good out there.  Jamaal Williams playing so much also is concerning. Lack of passing game involvement was concerning, only 1 reception.  And 2 for Jamaal?  Does the Pack have a third down back, or do they just not utilize the RBs?  Hoping for better games to come.

Rodgers is not a check down kind of guy, hes always looking down field ignoring the 4-5 yard dump offs unless he's being chased. 

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

Being an entirely new offensive system, I don't think anyone can really answer this question until we see some more games.  Last year though if you look at the weeks where Jones had effectively taken over the backfield, he was getting about 3 recs per game.

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

wowzers.............reading this thread

BUY BUY BUY LOW

If you can trade a backup RB or a WR3-4 for Ajones do it imo.

He will be a serviceable RB2, sometimes a really good one if he breaks a long TD run.  

If AJones was drafted using a 0 RB strat and you hope he breaks the top 10 - oof. 

Edited by Zak0221

One game with limited reps against a brutal defensive front 7 and everyone already feels this guy is done for the year. Nobody is in 4 quarter game shape yet, its that simple. Everyone slow down and stop over reacting. I dont see that happening though as their schedule isnt too friendly with Min, den phi and dallas their next 4 games.

• Like 1

Just now, Zak0221 said:

If you can trade a backup RB or a WR3-4 for Ajones do it imo.

He will be a serviceable RB2 sometimes a really good one if he breaks a long TD run.  

If AJones was drafted using a 0 RB strat and you hope he breaks the top 10 - oof. 

Clear Goal-line Back in Aaron Rodgers offense, getting most of the early down work, zero chance you get him for a backup RB or a WR3 lol thats nuts

if you waited on RB and hes your RB1, you are not in a bad spot and if hes your RB2 your sitting pretty given full health, take advantage of these panicking owners if you can fellas

• Like 2

RW Forums are here for owners to vent and overreact.  He looked good in the second half, no competition from Williams and the GB offense will have better games.  Not worried about him at all...if anything I would be trying to buy low if possible.

Playing the Bears in week one in a new system offered absolutely no clear read on how this will go. Until next week.

21 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

Don't own any shares but if I did I would start him with 100% confidence. This guy is electric and will be a matchup proof stud this year.

Did you write match-up proof in here?

Leonard Fournette

Chris Carson

Sony Michel

Kerryon Johnson

Josh Jacobs

This is a list of running backs I could have and probably should have taken in the spot where I drafted Jones.  

I couldn’t tell if he looked sluggish or not because He had no room to run. In the first half most of the runs were stopped for a loss or no gain. He had a couple of ok runs in the second half but the Bears D kept the packers offense in check the whole game. 

Only time will tell but Jones is a pretty good back in a good offense. If jones had a game  Like this against a bad team then I’d be a little more concerned.