BrianM

I Quit My League- Here's Why

Recommended Posts

Hidden

I nearly quit my dynasty league due to the level of immaturity by certain members.  Stuck it out and won the league lol. Not sure about next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden

I quit a league because it was all my wife's extended family.  I could not live with myself if I mercilessly slaughtered their fantasy teams with my vastly superior knowledge and skill.

 

I quit a different league because they added return yardage to receiving yardage as a category--without telling me.

 

I quit another league because it was a baseball league and that is a sport for old-timers.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Momma didn't raise no quiter... I adapt and conquer..

 

League fears me, League quits me.

Edited by All Knowing

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
4 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

Momma didn't raise no quiter... I adapt and conquer..

 

League fears me, League quits me.

I appreciate this "never-say-die" ethos, I really do.  But at some point, an expert fantasy footballer needs to conclude that wasting his or her time with a bunch of idiots in a poorly run league is not fun even if it results in victory.

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
6 minutes ago, All Knowing said:

Momma didn't raise no quiter... I adapt and conquer..

 

League fears me, League quits me.

Damn true,  how did that 7 day suspension go?

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden

Joined my first dynasty this year.  About half of the league members are from work, half are the commissioner's friends. 

 

I drafted too young, and missed the playoffs.  Tried my best to offload a bunch of older assets to playoff teams (Edelman, Baldwin, etc.) but literally got no takers.  I received a bunch of offers back for my Barkley's, Mike Williams, etc.  Stupid s---. 

 

Anyway, I digress.  I'm opposite of most of you, I get annoyed as s--- at bad trades, I'd prefer a relatively lower volume of trades that make sense because I'm a reasonable person. 

 

Our commish was 2-5 and then went on a trading frenzy: 

 

Commish receives Joe Mixon; gives Royce Freeman and a 2019 2nd

Commish receives Jarvis Landry; gives Wendell Smallwood, Dede Westbrook and a 2019 3rd

Commish receives James Conner and Cooper Kupp; gives Mike Davis, Chris Thompson and a 2019 1st

Commish receives Patrick Mahomes and Alvin Kamara ; gives Kirk Cousins, Sammy Watkins, James Conner, Sony Michel and a 2019 1st (he had traded away Penny for one earlier in the season)

 

So his 2-5 team proceeded to go 8-5, secure a bye and win the title, effectively winning 8 straight games after having a totally s---y team.  WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT?  Sorry if any of you are on here, but trading all of those players to one team in the league is stupid as s--- and the Mahomes/Kamara trade in a NEW DYNASTY just blew my mind beyond measure.  I like my team because I drafted young, but I can't win if people are going to funnel all of these top players into one team without thinking about the consequences of this. 

 

P.S. He nearly pulled off a Tyreek trade for a pick and Tyler Boyd a week after the Mahomes trade and a few too many league members blew a gasket at this. 

 

Anyway - I love the dynasty concept, but I definitely didn't like any of the above trades as they went through both for this season or beyond, too much young talent moving.  I'll stick it out for another year, but I'm not sure I can handle too much more of that. Expecting plenty of you to disagree with me, just my personal preference with lower volume of higher quality trades. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden

After playing FF, I decided I would enjoy fantasy basketball.  Because I like real life basketball as well.  I think I virtually quit after 2 weeks.  Pretty sorry thing to do but it was just too much.   I ended up finishing 3rd from last.   

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
2 hours ago, mpaynejr said:

Joined my first dynasty this year.  About half of the league members are from work, half are the commissioner's friends. 

 

I drafted too young, and missed the playoffs.  Tried my best to offload a bunch of older assets to playoff teams (Edelman, Baldwin, etc.) but literally got no takers.  I received a bunch of offers back for my Barkley's, Mike Williams, etc.  Stupid s---. 

 

Anyway, I digress.  I'm opposite of most of you, I get annoyed as s--- at bad trades, I'd prefer a relatively lower volume of trades that make sense because I'm a reasonable person. 

 

Our commish was 2-5 and then went on a trading frenzy: 

 

Commish receives Joe Mixon; gives Royce Freeman and a 2019 2nd

Commish receives Jarvis Landry; gives Wendell Smallwood, Dede Westbrook and a 2019 3rd

Commish receives James Conner and Cooper Kupp; gives Mike Davis, Chris Thompson and a 2019 1st

Commish receives Patrick Mahomes and Alvin Kamara ; gives Kirk Cousins, Sammy Watkins, James Conner, Sony Michel and a 2019 1st (he had traded away Penny for one earlier in the season)

 

So his 2-5 team proceeded to go 8-5, secure a bye and win the title, effectively winning 8 straight games after having a totally s---y team.  WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT?  Sorry if any of you are on here, but trading all of those players to one team in the league is stupid as s--- and the Mahomes/Kamara trade in a NEW DYNASTY just blew my mind beyond measure.  I like my team because I drafted young, but I can't win if people are going to funnel all of these top players into one team without thinking about the consequences of this. 

 

P.S. He nearly pulled off a Tyreek trade for a pick and Tyler Boyd a week after the Mahomes trade and a few too many league members blew a gasket at this. 

 

Anyway - I love the dynasty concept, but I definitely didn't like any of the above trades as they went through both for this season or beyond, too much young talent moving.  I'll stick it out for another year, but I'm not sure I can handle too much more of that. Expecting plenty of you to disagree with me, just my personal preference with lower volume of higher quality trades. 

He gave away in that Mahomes trade Conner & Michel. 

Also how many 1st round picks did this guy have? You mention two in the trades. 

 

You have to expect trades like those in dynasty leagues. One of the reasons why I dislike keeper/dynasty leagues. I seen too many crazyass trades that makes no sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

I STARTED a league and found out who was the cuckolded father of my son conceived through sperm donation and invited him. And then beat him in the Championship.

 

Nailing his future wife at our HS prom wasn't enough for me.

 

Yes, I am Peter Pernell and this is my story.

Edited by The Land Of Real Beer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
26 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

He gave away in that Mahomes trade Conner & Michel. 

Also how many 1st round picks did this guy have? You mention two in the trades. 

 

You have to expect trades like those in dynasty leagues. One of the reasons why I dislike keeper/dynasty leagues. I seen too many crazyass trades that makes no sense. 

I get that the Mahomes/Kamara trade could be perceived that way.  I just think Mahomes is doing things that no one else is doing at the QB position right now and that's a pretty big advantage to be trading away.  I think he clearly ended up with the two BEST players in that trade and Conner and Michel still have plenty to prove.  Cousins is straight garbage and I have no idea on Watkins honestly.  4 trades from worst to first - I just don't like that I was the only one seeing this happening while everyone traded him a championship squad to make their teams a little better.  If he ended up with Tyreek Hill?  Would have been insane. 

 

Commish had his original first round pick and then landed another earlier in the year trading Penny for one.  These 1st round picks he's trading are back of the first at this point, no guarantees back there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden

You wouldnt post here if you are a quiter. Beeachhesss please. Find a new league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
1 hour ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

You wouldnt post here if you are a quiter. Beeachhesss please. Find a new league. 

Ive heard of some bad leagues in the AC forum...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
5 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I quit a league because it was all my wife's extended family.  I could not live with myself if I mercilessly slaughtered their fantasy teams with my vastly superior knowledge and skill.

 

I quit a different league because they added return yardage to receiving yardage as a category--without telling me.

 

I quit another league because it was a baseball league and that is a sport for old-timers.

 

 

Sounds like fun leagues.

 

I'd have stayed and dominated them all

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Need more K197040 posts in this thread. 

 

@K197040

Edited by ginocan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
14 hours ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

i boot ppl in my league for repeated expiring trade offers

 

Why? 

 

Sometimes the trade offer isn't good, but you gotta leave it hanging just in case your guys has a season ending injury and then you zoom over to that accept button. 

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
10 hours ago, K197040 said:

 

Yes...I quit the league before I got married.  No...she wasn't really cheating on me.  We were having trouble conceiving.   Unbeknownst to me, she underwent in vitro fertilization.   When she got pregnant, I thought it was mine.   It was only a couple of years later when she told me the true story.   I made it my quest to find out who the donor was.   Through Ancestry.com's dna service, I was able to connect and learn who his biological father was.  Much to my chagrin, it was that damn Peter Pernell.

 

Fantastic writing. I really appreciate this. 

 

Reminds me of when I roasted a league mate of mine on a local sports radio show in a 3 part trilogy. 

 

Keep up the good work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
3 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Reminds me of when I roasted a league mate of mine on a local sports radio show in a 3 part trilogy. 

 

 

Do tell.

 

Whether somebody quit their league or not no longer interests me.

 

But this sh!t is gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
17 hours ago, K197040 said:

 

Yes...I quit the league before I got married.  No...she wasn't really cheating on me.  We were having trouble conceiving.   Unbeknownst to me, she underwent in vitro fertilization.   When she got pregnant, I thought it was mine.   It was only a couple of years later when she told me the true story.   I made it my quest to find out who the donor was.   Through Ancestry.com's dna service, I was able to connect and learn who his biological father was.  Much to my chagrin, it was that damn Peter Pernell.

 

 

“that damn Peter Pernell.”

 

so great

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
18 hours ago, mpaynejr said:

Joined my first dynasty this year.  About half of the league members are from work, half are the commissioner's friends. 

 

I drafted too young, and missed the playoffs.  Tried my best to offload a bunch of older assets to playoff teams (Edelman, Baldwin, etc.) but literally got no takers.  I received a bunch of offers back for my Barkley's, Mike Williams, etc.  Stupid s---. 

 

Anyway, I digress.  I'm opposite of most of you, I get annoyed as s--- at bad trades, I'd prefer a relatively lower volume of trades that make sense because I'm a reasonable person. 

 

Our commish was 2-5 and then went on a trading frenzy: 

 

Commish receives Joe Mixon; gives Royce Freeman and a 2019 2nd

Commish receives Jarvis Landry; gives Wendell Smallwood, Dede Westbrook and a 2019 3rd

Commish receives James Conner and Cooper Kupp; gives Mike Davis, Chris Thompson and a 2019 1st

Commish receives Patrick Mahomes and Alvin Kamara ; gives Kirk Cousins, Sammy Watkins, James Conner, Sony Michel and a 2019 1st (he had traded away Penny for one earlier in the season)

 

So his 2-5 team proceeded to go 8-5, secure a bye and win the title, effectively winning 8 straight games after having a totally s---y team.  WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT?  Sorry if any of you are on here, but trading all of those players to one team in the league is stupid as s--- and the Mahomes/Kamara trade in a NEW DYNASTY just blew my mind beyond measure.  I like my team because I drafted young, but I can't win if people are going to funnel all of these top players into one team without thinking about the consequences of this. 

 

P.S. He nearly pulled off a Tyreek trade for a pick and Tyler Boyd a week after the Mahomes trade and a few too many league members blew a gasket at this. 

 

Anyway - I love the dynasty concept, but I definitely didn't like any of the above trades as they went through both for this season or beyond, too much young talent moving.  I'll stick it out for another year, but I'm not sure I can handle too much more of that. Expecting plenty of you to disagree with me, just my personal preference with lower volume of higher quality trades. 

Ouch those are bad trades. Were they all the the commishs friends?????..........

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden

Entire league boycotted when the commissioner moved the start of the playoffs back a week AFTER he lost in the first round. I started a new league with everyone in the league besides him. 12 years later the league remains strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Ouch those are bad trades. Were they all the the commishs friends?????..........

Every one but the mixon trade, yes.  And I didn’t even mind that one early on because freeman had a lot more value early in the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden
On 12/31/2018 at 12:57 PM, K197040 said:

 

Yes...I quit the league before I got married.  No...she wasn't really cheating on me.  We were having trouble conceiving.   Unbeknownst to me, she underwent in vitro fertilization.   When she got pregnant, I thought it was mine.   It was only a couple of years later when she told me the true story.   I made it my quest to find out who the donor was.   Through Ancestry.com's dna service, I was able to connect and learn who his biological father was.  Much to my chagrin, it was that damn Peter Pernell.

Bwahahaha. Your wife secretly gave herself hormone shots every day that made her feel sick without you knowing? She used donor sperm from this Peter Pernell guy because your swimmers weren’t getting the job done? Oh, and she paid $20K for the procedure without you noticing too?

 

Me thinks you need to go back to creative writing class to learn how to formulate a story without obvious holes.

 

Back on topic, I once quit a league because two buddies obviously colluded on trades two years in a row. No veto rules in the league. It was as if they had two entries which were combined to make one super team. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Hidden

I’m quitting one league cause of the settings are so random

im quitting the other cause the commish never pays on time and The scoring sucks as well

i want to quit my baseball league just cause of inactivity, but it’s been going on for over a decade and my only baseball league left

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

nithing to see here 

Edited by poofinger

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.