Ecofolux

Corey Seager 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

Seems like a great buy low. A potential stud you could legitimately buy low on

Agreed, his StatCast numbers are slightly worrisome but can get him for super cheap right now. 

I mean, he still hits #2 in a good LAD lineup. Lots of potential. 

Just now, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Agreed, his StatCast numbers are slightly worrisome but can get him for super cheap right now. 

At that point you just have to bet on the talent if the underlying numbers don't look good. Like Machado's statcast looks awful as well, but you know he'll come around. 

3 hours ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Can you post his statcast numbers 

1 hour ago, lassetjus said:

While I was there, I noticed a huge jump in launch angle from 11.1 in 2017 and 9.6 in 2018 to 16.8 this season. It has dropped his expected batting average from .299 in 2017 and .293 in 2018 to .219 this season. His K% is up a bit but not drastically compared to 2017. His hard hit % is down however from 2017.

It seems to me like this is another guy trying to hit more fly balls but it is hurting him because he doesn't have the power and hard hit rate that other guys do. I say another guy because I just did this same analysis for Andrew Benintendi and found him doing the same thing.

Edited by lassetjus
  • Like 1

My guess it will be after the All Star break before we get the real Corey Seager.  If I owned him I would be looking for a replacement until them.

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Is there any reason to not abandon ship at this point? He's almost unrosterable in 10 team leagues. Someone convince me to hold tight here. 

There was always a risk inherent to drafting Corey Seager this year. He went under the knife for Tommy John last season, missing all but the first month of the season. Very often it can take a guy about as long as he was out to get back on track. I was hoping he would be able to shake off the rust sooner but also drafted him knowing something like this might happen, i.e. drafted with a contingency plan. I think if you drafted him you have to try to keep him for now, even if it's on your bench. The talent hasn't gone away I don't think, but he also may require a bit of patience.

• Like 1

Personal issue.  Returned mid game.  Owners shouldn’t of missed anything.  Hopefully for his sake he’s getting busy off the field and needed a dna test.  Because he sure as hell isnt getting busy on the field.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Haha 1

He’s turned into a pumpkin. LA has to be pissed. Remember when the discussion was who’s better Seager or Story. 

Edited by Krambone

I’m a very patient guy but man is this dude getting frustrating. I refuse to drop, he’s just gonna hold me down until he turns it around I guess. 

18 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Someone convince me to hold this guy. I’m at my wits end 

Im struggling too my man. I don’t think he’s a drop. But he has started looking better the last week or so. I’d say hold tight. Patience usually pays off in this cruel fantasty game we play. 

30 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Im struggling too my man. I don’t think he’s a drop. But he has started looking better the last week or so. I’d say hold tight. Patience usually pays off in this cruel fantasty game we play. 

He missed virtually an entire year - no BP, no effective way to preserve the timing one gets from seeing live pitching, no muscle memory work to get that torque just right...UCL repair is more than just throwing obviously.  I personally expected a sluggish first half of the season with a mid-late season resurgence as he gets timing & confidence back.

Like most pitchers coming back from TJS, most are 'not quite right' until the year AFTER they come back....if that is even slightly true for fielders/hitters, we won't see the Corey Seager we've come to expect until late this season or perhaps 2020.

If you're impatient, hold for a hot streak & trade in redraft....hold in dynasty/keeper IMHO. Next year will be redemption, if not 2nd half 2019.

On 5/20/2019 at 1:46 PM, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Someone convince me to hold this guy. I’m at my wits end 

I hope you held, it’s starting to look like there is a light at the end of the tunnel 

17 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

I mean, it’s a lost year. Let’s stop pretending 

I wouldn’t say all that. What’s his stats look like the last two weeks? I know he’s been much better lately. 

Seager turning it around boys, looks completely different at the plate right now. 

• Like 1