Ecofolux

Corey Seager 2019 Outlook

At this point he is looking like a very legit bounce-back player.  His performance over the last month is actually starting to reflect his draft day status.  I really hope he can keep it going, as he's a genuine talent who has been on a very long road to recovery.  Hard not to pull for him.  My guess:  The buy low window is slamming shut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png

Looking for everyone who kept posting about how bad he was hitting. Weird how these threads work. 

Been really hitting the ball well. Last 18 games- .284/5 HR/15 R/17 RBI. 

This past week going into today (currently 2-4) he had 8 hits (.348)—all extra basehits—5 doubles & 3 HR.

This was a great buy low candidate, coming back from injury so was rusty, great lineup, prime spot in lineup, young, & pedigree. Hope some bought low a few weeks back. Giddy up.

6 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

spacer.png

Looking for everyone who kept posting about how bad he was hitting. Weird how these threads work. 

Been really hitting the ball well. Last 18 games- .284/5 HR/15 R/17 RBI. 

This past week going into today (currently 2-4) he had 8 hits (.348)—all extra basehits—5 doubles & 3 HR.

This was a great buy low candidate, coming back from injury so was rusty, great lineup, prime spot in lineup, young, & pedigree. Hope some bought low a few weeks back. Giddy up.

I really tried couldn't get a sell my league mates are too savy.

See you in August.  Easy drop in redraft without IL.

Edited by Cmilne23

Tough break because Seager had gotten his mojo back. Even though, for keeper leagues his future looks really good.

Can the Dodgers please put him on the IL so I can pick up a replacement?!?! WTF is taking so long??

6 minutes ago, Ecofolux said:

Can the Dodgers please put him on the IL so I can pick up a replacement?!?! WTF is taking so long??

They had day off.  Didn’t have to make any moves on an off day.  He’ll be shoved on tomorrow.

Edited by Cmilne23

11 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

They had day off.  Didn’t have to make any moves on an off day.  He’ll be shoved on tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

Any estimates on how long he might be out?  2 weeks, 4 or more?

Grade 2 was diagnoses....that's at least a month. More than likely a month and a half.

They actually said it’s not as severe as they expected. Still sounds like 4-6 week timetable however. Probably on the shorter side 🤞🏻

Based on Seager's injury history, I don't think LAD will rush him back. They'll want him to be completely healthy. I'm thinking 5-6 weeks.

Sucks that it happened when he has been on fire. Wish this would have happened earlier in the year. Hopefully he does not lose it all being our for so long. 

Dude has been dropped in 3/5 leagues I am in, and these boys are competitive!!

Very telling to me. I mean we have seen what Seager is , a decent contact guy with a little power and not much speed at all

So best case scenario is for the final 2 months, you get 8-10 homers and pray for a 285 BA, not much to see I am afraid unless you bleed blue and just want to roster hime

1 hour ago, Monkeyman74 said:

Very telling to me. I mean we have seen what Seager is , a decent contact guy with a little power and not much speed at all

So best case scenario is for the final 2 months, you get 8-10 homers and pray for a 285 BA, not much to see I am afraid unless you bleed blue and just want to roster hime

“Not much to see”?  Guy was an MVP candidate as a 22 year old, also finished as a top 20 MVP candidate as a 23 year old.  Injuries robbed him the last couple seasons, but unless you play in shallow 10 teams, he should not be on wires.  Seager is a pure hitter,  And this is coming from a Padre homer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monkeyman74 said:

this is why I save my high waivers 

from may 12 to june 11 (26) games seager was one of  the best hitters in baseball. 

seager raised his avg from 225 to 278 and his ops from 666 to 828 during that span.

26 game, 99 abs, 26 rbis, 18 runs, 16k's, 354 avg, 6 hrs, 1 sb, 1056 ops good enough for 14th overall in 5x5  

you don't ever drop players like that.