Sign in to follow this  
Dark Kn19ht

Dynasty Return for Altuve WHIR

16 team dynasty with large separate MiLB team (20 players). My current team is a disaster at pitching. What do you think about this idea for a trade? I'm I way off here? Getting back into baseball after the football season and I'm having a difficult time valuing players.

My Altuve

for

His Buehler, Julio Urias, AJ Puk, Sixto Sanchez

This would be my starting offer. I'm a asking way too much? Not enough? Just right? Would you try to get Matt Chapman in there to get some offense back instead of Urias? I'll have Moncada and Gurriel Jr. for 2B and hopefully they can blossom into something startable. My team below:

C - Sanchez

1B - Freeman

2B - Altuve

3B - Kyle Seager (Chapman would be a nice upgrade here)

SS - Jorge Polanco

IF - Moncada

OF (4) - Haniger, David Peralta, Soler, Nimmo 

UTL (2) - Greg Bird, Teoscar Hernandez

Bench - Palka, Raimel Tapia, Cedric Mullins, Taylor Ward, Franklin Barreto

SP - Clevinger, Chase Anderson, Lance McCullers, Dinelson Lamet

RP - Vizcaino, Greene, Hicks, Steckenrider, Leclerc, Seranthony Dominguez, Victor Arano, Hector Neris, Trevor Rosenthal, Jose Alvarado, Reyes Moronta, Ty Buttrey

MiLB team most notable names - Victor Robles, Luis Robert, Taylor Trammell, Michael Kopech, Josh James, Nate Pearson, Alec Bohm, Pavin Smith, Dakota Hudson

Thanks in advance for the help. I WHIR as much as possible.

I don't see that as asking too much, the owner of that team may however.  Altuve is a top 10 overall player.  Hard to move him without getting all that value from him.

If you are able to get that return for Altuve, I would trade him.  Seems like a lot to me, with 1 pretty much proven top 30 SP and 3 high upside arms.  You have Moncada as a decent upside play as a backup plan, but if you can net those 4 arms for Altuve, I would do it.  Adding 3 high upside arms obviously increases the chances of at least one panning out, rather than gambling on just one.  

Fair offer, may not get it as he will probably overvalue Urias and Puk in particular who are health risks, and Beuhler is legit, one of my faves this year but he is still like a 4th rounder where Altuve is a 1st to early 2nd.   

2 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

@daynlokki @TheTruth024 @parrothead

Do you guys like my offense without Altuve, but adding Robles? This guy also owns Hunter Greene. Would you prefer Green over any of the 3 young pitchers listed?

Dont love that offense but I realize its a 16-teamer so its not gonna be stacked definetly have some potential with your MiLB guys.  I doubt he would do a Chapman and Buehler package for Altuve, not that its not a fair offer just thinking about how players are valued, those are both mancrush candidates that are tough to get some to deal.   

@parrothead @TheTruth024 @daynlokki

Do you like this any better?

My Jose Altuve, Kyle Seager, Domingo Acevedo

for

Matt Champan, Walker Beuhler, Julio Urias, and Sixto Sanchez

Sorry for the repeated help, clearly struggling here. Who do you like best as a pitching prospect Puk, Sixto, Greene?

Edited by Dark Kn19ht

I like Puk the best of the 3.  Greene would be #2 for me, then Sixto.  I would definitely try and trade for Robles if possible.  A future stud with only injuries standing in his way from being a true 5 category contributor.  I personally would rank Robles ahead of Soto, but behind Acuna in my personal dynasty rankings.  

55 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Do you like this any better?

My Jose Altuve, Kyle Seager, Domingo Acevedo

for

Matt Champan, Walker Beuhler, Julio Urias, and Sixto Sanchez

I do like that trade, Chapman is a nice 3B to add.  Much better than Kyle Seager IMO.  Buehler is a well above average pitcher, with a chance to be top 20 for a long time.  Swap out Sanchez for Puk in that one and I like it even more.  Not sure how Robles fits in here, but if you could swap out Chapman for Robles as well that would be a home run IMO

Edited by TheTruth024

1 minute ago, TheTruth024 said:

I like Puk the best of the 3.  Greene would be #2 for me, then Sixto.  I would definitely try and trade for Robles if possible.  A future stud with only injuries standing in his was from being a true 5 category contributor.  I personally would rank Robles ahead of Soto, but behind Acuna in my personal dynasty rankings.  

I do like that trade, Chapman is a nice 3B to add.  Much better than Kyle Seager IMO.  Buehler is a well above average pitcher, with a chance to be top 20 for a long time.  Swap out Sanchez for Puk in that one and I like it even more.  Not sure how Robles fits in here, but if you could swap out Chapman for Robles as well that would be a home run IMO

I already own Robles along with Trammel and Robert. I just need to call him up once the season starts. 

Ok.  If you are really in need of some SP help, I like the trade of Altuve, Seager, Acevedo FOR Buehler, Chapman, Urias, and Greene.  You are getting a great SP already, a solid bat for 3B and 2 Very High upside SP to gamble on.  Urias will be the real deal, just needs to stay healthy.  But thats the risk with all SP Prospects

Keep Altuve at all cost he's an MVP candidate every year who puts up awesome numbers, and that type of production stays only on you're team!