Corleone

Tyreek Hill 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Was there an initial timetable for return? Would this be on the quick end for a return?

6-8 weeks from week 1. So yes, very quick. The issue with collarbones is they heal, feel 100% perfect, and break again so easily. Let’s hope he doesn’t rush it. Luckily, he’s so fast he never gets hit 😎

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

6-8 weeks from week 1. So yes, very quick. The issue with collarbones is they heal, feel 100% perfect, and break again so easily. Let’s hope he doesn’t rush it. Luckily, he’s so fast he never gets hit 😎

Then its a good thing he didnt break his collarbone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

He didn't break his collarbone, the rumored time frame was 4-6 weeks, and the team trainer said he was week to week. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Braves16 said:

Then its a good thing he didnt break his collarbone. 

2 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

He didn't break his collarbone, the rumored time frame was 4-6 weeks, and the team trainer said he was week to week. 

What did he break then? 

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

What did he break then? 

Pretty sure he just displaced his collarbone inwards which put him at risk of puncturing a lung which is why he was initially hospitalized. 

3 minutes ago, collucho said:

Pretty sure he just displaced his collarbone inwards which put him at risk of puncturing a lung which is why he was initially hospitalized. 

What a strange injury. This is what I originally saw from rotoworld. 

according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Tyreek Hill (collarbone) could return in two weeks.

Hill has made steady progress in his recovery from a broken collarbone and will undergo imaging tests this week to determine when he can resume playing. A Week 6 return would seem to be a distinct possibility, though Schefter insists the Chiefs will "not rush" their star deep threat. Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson have both shined in Hill's absence.

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

What a strange injury. This is what I originally saw from rotoworld. 

according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Tyreek Hill (collarbone) could return in two weeks.

Hill has made steady progress in his recovery from a broken collarbone and will undergo imaging tests this week to determine when he can resume playing. A Week 6 return would seem to be a distinct possibility, though Schefter insists the Chiefs will "not rush" their star deep threat. Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson have both shined in Hill's absence.

Yeah honestly I've seen so many reports that have said broken collarbone but I'm almost positive that is not the case just ill-informed words from fantasy websites. 

Just now, collucho said:

Yeah honestly I've seen so many reports that have said broken collarbone but I'm almost positive that is not the case just ill-informed words from fantasy websites. 

His quick recovery makes way more sense with what you’re saying. When I broke my collarbone it took 8 weeks to heal, thought I was 100% okay. Played tackle football a few days later, broke it again on the first hit lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

His quick recovery makes way more sense with what you’re saying. When I broke my collarbone it took 8 weeks to heal, thought I was 100% okay. Played tackle football a few days later, broke it again on the first hit lol. 

lol no way.  That had to be frustrating.

2 minutes ago, collucho said:

Reports were saying he broke it. I thought too it was just a dislocation. If it was indeed just a dislocation, then Amendola is definitely a good benchmark. Because he was fine ROS after he missed a few weeks and came back. They may be using broken and dislocation interchangeably. But there is a big difference. Broken collarbone typically takes 6-8 weeks recovery. So, I'm am thinking Hill's wasn't broken.

I'm thinkin Mecole should just be on all fantasy teams period while Reek and Watkins get all figured out,

seems like if Reek is healthy then Mecole gets single coverage and if Watkins isn't healthy then Mecole gets all his looks too

and Mahomes' GMs can rejoice with the news that reek is looking like he's going to suit up...

Edited by dfstout

5 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

lol no way.  That had to be frustrating.

You have no idea. I felt 100%, as soon as I hit the ground it went again. That’s why I was concerned about Tyreek. I think romo did the same thing trying to come back to soon as well didn’t he? 

4 minutes ago, boredster said:

He didn't break collarbone. Read up on injury in profootballdoc

I’ll check it out, thanks 

He definitely did not break his collarbone - that would have been worse and we would be looking at him having surgery and having a similar timeline to Nick Foles.

This is the exact same injury as Amendola back in 2012 - Posterior sternoclavicular dislocation.  Amendola came back in 4 weeks and was fine the rest of the season. 

Pretty rare injury so if he is 100%, he is 100%.

Edited by ludawg23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

He definitely did not break his collarbone - that would have been worse and we would be looking at him having surgery and having a similar timeline to Nick Foles.

This is the exact same injury as Amendola back in 2012 - Posterior sternoclavicular dislocation.  Amendola came back in 4 weeks and was fine the rest of the season. 

Thank you, now my keyboard is all sticky. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Now that that's cleared up we can all get back to our regularly scheduled hype train.

Image result for hyped up gif

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, collucho said:

Now that that's cleared up we can all get back to our regularly scheduled hype train.

Image result for hyped up gif

all aboard!