Corleone

Tyreek Hill 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Was there an initial timetable for return? Would this be on the quick end for a return?

6-8 weeks from week 1. So yes, very quick. The issue with collarbones is they heal, feel 100% perfect, and break again so easily. Let’s hope he doesn’t rush it. Luckily, he’s so fast he never gets hit 😎

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

6-8 weeks from week 1. So yes, very quick. The issue with collarbones is they heal, feel 100% perfect, and break again so easily. Let’s hope he doesn’t rush it. Luckily, he’s so fast he never gets hit 😎


Then its a good thing he didnt break his collarbone. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

6-8 weeks from week 1. So yes, very quick. The issue with collarbones is they heal, feel 100% perfect, and break again so easily. Let’s hope he doesn’t rush it. Luckily, he’s so fast he never gets hit 😎

 

He didn't break his collarbone, the rumored time frame was 4-6 weeks, and the team trainer said he was week to week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Braves16 said:


Then its a good thing he didnt break his collarbone. 

 

2 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

 

He didn't break his collarbone, the rumored time frame was 4-6 weeks, and the team trainer said he was week to week. 

What did he break then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryansm11 said:

 

What did he break then? 

Pretty sure he just displaced his collarbone inwards which put him at risk of puncturing a lung which is why he was initially hospitalized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, collucho said:

Pretty sure he just displaced his collarbone inwards which put him at risk of puncturing a lung which is why he was initially hospitalized. 

What a strange injury. This is what I originally saw from rotoworld. 

according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Tyreek Hill (collarbone) could return in two weeks.

Hill has made steady progress in his recovery from a broken collarbone and will undergo imaging tests this week to determine when he can resume playing. A Week 6 return would seem to be a distinct possibility, though Schefter insists the Chiefs will "not rush" their star deep threat. Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson have both shined in Hill's absence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

What a strange injury. This is what I originally saw from rotoworld. 

according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Tyreek Hill (collarbone) could return in two weeks.

Hill has made steady progress in his recovery from a broken collarbone and will undergo imaging tests this week to determine when he can resume playing. A Week 6 return would seem to be a distinct possibility, though Schefter insists the Chiefs will "not rush" their star deep threat. Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson have both shined in Hill's absence.

Yeah honestly I've seen so many reports that have said broken collarbone but I'm almost positive that is not the case just ill-informed words from fantasy websites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, collucho said:

Yeah honestly I've seen so many reports that have said broken collarbone but I'm almost positive that is not the case just ill-informed words from fantasy websites. 

His quick recovery makes way more sense with what you’re saying. When I broke my collarbone it took 8 weeks to heal, thought I was 100% okay. Played tackle football a few days later, broke it again on the first hit lol. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryansm11 said:

His quick recovery makes way more sense with what you’re saying. When I broke my collarbone it took 8 weeks to heal, thought I was 100% okay. Played tackle football a few days later, broke it again on the first hit lol. 

 

lol no way.  That had to be frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, collucho said:

Pretty sure he just displaced his collarbone inwards which put him at risk of puncturing a lung which is why he was initially hospitalized. 

Reports were saying he broke it. I thought too it was just a dislocation. If it was indeed just a dislocation, then Amendola is definitely a good benchmark. Because he was fine ROS after he missed a few weeks and came back. They may be using broken and dislocation interchangeably. But there is a big difference. Broken collarbone typically takes 6-8 weeks recovery. So, I'm am thinking Hill's wasn't broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinkin Mecole should just be on all fantasy teams period while Reek and Watkins get all figured out,

seems like if Reek is healthy then Mecole gets single coverage and if Watkins isn't healthy then Mecole gets all his looks too

and Mahomes' GMs can rejoice with the news that reek is looking like he's going to suit up...

Edited by dfstout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

 

lol no way.  That had to be frustrating.

You have no idea. I felt 100%, as soon as I hit the ground it went again. That’s why I was concerned about Tyreek. I think romo did the same thing trying to come back to soon as well didn’t he? 

4 minutes ago, boredster said:

He didn't break collarbone. Read up on injury in profootballdoc

I’ll check it out, thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He definitely did not break his collarbone - that would have been worse and we would be looking at him having surgery and having a similar timeline to Nick Foles.

This is the exact same injury as Amendola back in 2012 - Posterior sternoclavicular dislocation.  Amendola came back in 4 weeks and was fine the rest of the season. 

Pretty rare injury so if he is 100%, he is 100%.

 

Edited by ludawg23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

He definitely did not break his collarbone - that would have been worse and we would be looking at him having surgery and having a similar timeline to Nick Foles.

This is the exact same injury as Amendola back in 2012 - Posterior sternoclavicular dislocation.  Amendola came back in 4 weeks and was fine the rest of the season. 

Pretty rare injury so if he is 100%, he is 100%.

 

Thank you, now my keyboard is all sticky. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

He definitely did not break his collarbone - that would have been worse and we would be looking at him having surgery and having a similar timeline to Nick Foles.

This is the exact same injury as Amendola back in 2012 - Posterior sternoclavicular dislocation.  Amendola came back in 4 weeks and was fine the rest of the season. 

Pretty rare injury so if he is 100%, he is 100%.

 

Now that that's cleared up we can all get back to our regularly scheduled hype train.

Image result for hyped up gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, collucho said:

Now that that's cleared up we can all get back to our regularly scheduled hype train.

Image result for hyped up gif

all aboard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...