Corleone

Tyreek Hill 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, bomont said:

Some of you seem to somehow be forgetting that oh btw that's Moore throwing to him, not Mahomes. There's a reason Moore was teaching 10th graders how to dissect a frog earlier this year vs prepping for the upcoming season. He cannot improvise or escape trouble or toss the ball nearly as well. This is a huge hit for Hill and it has nothing to do with Hill's ability. How huge we don't know yet but it's 3 weeks of WR stress for Hill owners lol

After sitting through his class I can dissect frogs like a pro. 

Another problem for Tyreek is the brutal schedule.  He's nearly matchup-proof with a healthy Mahomes.  With Moore or a hobbled Mahomes, not so much.    I had planned to put him on the trade block after the Denver game because of the schedule.

Week 8 GNB                  
Week 9 MIN                  
Week 10 @TEN                  
Week 11 @LAC                  
Week 12 bye                  
Week 13 OAK                  
Week 14 @NWE                  
Week 15 DEN                  
Week 16 @CHI  

7 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Another problem for Tyreek is the brutal schedule.  He's nearly matchup-proof with a healthy Mahomes.  With Moore or a hobbled Mahomes, not so much.    I had planned to put him on the trade block after the Denver game because of the schedule.

Week 8 GNB                  
Week 9 MIN                  
Week 10 @TEN                  
Week 11 @LAC                  
Week 12 bye                  
Week 13 OAK                  
Week 14 @NWE                  
Week 15 DEN                  
Week 16 @CHI  

Only problem with this argument is that DEN was statistically the #1 pass defense and he still produced last night...and in only one half with the backup at that. Next argument...

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Week 8 GNB                  
Week 9 MIN                  
Week 10 @TEN                  
Week 11 @LAC                  
Week 12 bye                  
Week 13 OAK                  
Week 14 @NWE                  
Week 15 DEN                  
Week 16 @CHI  

This is eerily similar to Todd Gurley’s 2017 season outlook thread. His schedule is brutal you need to trade him now or you’ll regret it /s.

Who cares about his schedule when it’s a player as good as Hill.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, people get hung up on his targets but he is not a volume guy. He's a catch and burn guy. That's reflected in where he ranked in targets and receptions last year. They don't call him "Cheetah" for nothing. He ranked #1 among all fantasy receivers in PPR last season and that's all people should care about. It's like, don't draft the dude thinking he's going to soak up targets.

Not all QBs throw the deep ball like Mahommes. So, sure, he'll never be the target hog like Edelman, but the quality of deep balls is going to go down. I'm not sure how that's really debatable. Here's hoping Moore proves me wrong, I certainly want him to.

2 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Not all QBs throw the deep ball like Mahommes. So, sure, he'll never be the target hog like Edelman, but the quality of deep balls is going to go down. I'm not sure how that's really debatable. Here's hoping Moore proves me wrong, I certainly want him to.

The thing about the deep ball w tyreek is, you have to have an absolute cannon of an arm to overthrow him. Whip it and let him go find it. Hell, if it’s underthrown he’ll come back or across for it and jump 4 feet off the ground like that first game back and steal it away from the defender. This man is different.

• Like 3

All might not be lost with Moore at the helm - Tyreek is actually the one guy on the offense that has caught balls from Moore in practice while on the PS.

Looks like a ton of go routes but at least they have a connection going.

https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/26931/mahomes-replacement-matt-moore-a-stranger-of-sorts-to-chiefs

On 10/18/2019 at 5:35 PM, bomont said:

Some of you seem to somehow be forgetting that oh btw that's Moore throwing to him, not Mahomes. There's a reason Moore was teaching 10th graders how to dissect a frog earlier this year vs prepping for the upcoming season. He cannot improvise or escape trouble or toss the ball nearly as well. This is a huge hit for Hill and it has nothing to do with Hill's ability. How huge we don't know yet but it's 3 weeks of WR stress for Hill owners lol

Matt Moore has absolutely killed Hill’s value  so thank god Mahomes is close to playing, I don’t know If I can withstand another 6-150-1 week.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Matt Moore has absolutely killed Hill’s value  so thank god Mahomes is close to playing, I don’t know If I can withstand another 6-150-1 week.

I live in KC and I’m very familiar with Matt Moore. Everyone around here thought I was crazy to have so much confidence in him. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

7 hours ago, itschief33 said:

Tyreek sprinting past the CB to catch Damien on his 90 yarder was priceless. 

REEK HUNGRY 🐈

7 hours ago, itschief33 said:

Tyreek sprinting past the CB to catch Damien on his 90 yarder was priceless. 

*Eric Bienemy has entered the chat*

Looks like he is done for the night.  Bye week comes at a good time.

34 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Looks like he is done for the night.  Bye week comes at a good time.

Adam theilen says it's still not enough time to fully recover

They play the Raiders in Week 13 for the division. Probably a lot of pressure for him to get ready for that game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Evincar said:

They play the Raiders in Week 13 for the division. Probably a lot of pressure for him to get ready for that game.

Mentally preparing myself for Hill to be active only to re-aggravate it in the first and miss the rest of the game.

42 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

Mentally preparing myself for Hill to be active only to re-aggravate it in the first and miss the rest of the game.

I don't think the chiefs will let him pull a theilen. 

You have to hope he is 100% because the schedule isn’t doing him any favors. 

This is going to be a disappointment.