Corleone

Tyreek Hill 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

On 1/2/2019 at 12:40 PM, Corleone said:

Tyreek Hill had quite a 2018. In his second year as the #1 WR for KC, Hill had the following achievements...

--87 catches (10th amongst WR's; in 2017, he had 75 catches)

--1479 receiving yards (4th in the NFL; in 2017, he had 1183 yards)

--14 total TD's - 12 receiving, 1 rushing, 1 punt return (2nd in the NFL; in 2017, he had 8 TD's)

--151 rush yards & 213 punt return yards (in 2017, he had 59 rush yards & 204 punt return yards)

 

What did that lead to fantasy-wise?

--#1 overall WR in .25 point PPR format (in 2017, he was #3 through Week 16 and after DNP rest Week 17, was #4)

--#1 overall WR in 1 point PPR format (in 2017, he was #4 through Week 16 and after DNP rest Week 17, was #8)
(the .25 point PPR format also grants 1 point for every 30 return yards, and gives a 3 point bonus for a 100-yard receiving game)
(the 1 point PPR format has no points for return yardage, 1 bonus point at 100 yards, 1.5 points at 150 yards, 2 points at 200 yards, and 1 point for 40+ yard receptions)

 

Even though Tyreek was coming off a stellar 2017 to begin with, his 2018 was an improvement across every fantasy stat, and every fantasy format.

Coming up, I'll post some specific stats to discuss both his 2018 season and career, as I think that can be helpful towards determining how he might do in 2019. 
jordan-berrytyreek-hill-8f378906db589781.jpg

 

now show 2017/2018 to this season...Major drop off in Fantasy points that aligns fro the Kamara dud.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

now show 2017/2018 to this season...Major drop off in Fantasy points that aligns fro the Kamara dud.

 

 

in all fairness....Injury plays a HUGE part of this

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two games where he was injured during the beginning of the game and gave his owners near goose eggs for two weeks....stung

 

Was not fun owning him like the previous years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mar1kle said:

now show 2017/2018 to this season...Major drop off in Fantasy points that aligns fro the Kamara dud.

I stopped posting about Tyreek once all the off-the-field stuff came about this past offseason.
But in fairness to Tyreek's on-field play, he dropped off because of injuries and that's it.
Twice he got hurt in games and gave owners goose-eggs (or close to) in both of those games.
But in the games he played in full, he put up big numbers in 4 of 6 games.
On a PPG total, he's 10th amongst WR's. Despite two games he barely played in.
He didn't have a bad season because he underperformed while healthy. He got hurt...that's football.
 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Corleone said:

I stopped posting about Tyreek once all the off-the-field stuff came about this past offseason.
But in fairness to Tyreek's on-field play, he dropped off because of injuries and that's it.
Twice he got hurt in games and gave owners goose-eggs (or close to) in both of those games.
But in the games he played in full, he put up big numbers in 4 of 6 games.
On a PPG total, he's 10th amongst WR's. Despite two games he barely played in.
He didn't have a bad season because he underperformed while healthy. He got hurt...that's football.
 

I would have Tyreek on the board as my #1 WR all over again, obviously not knowing MT would be the epitome of WR1 consistency. Injuries are so tough to predict anyway. I think 2019 in particular was a season where fragile players with the dreaded injury-prone label held up fairly well, while some "safe" players went down. Also Mahomes battling through ankle injury, and obviously the broken knee cap, threw their rhythm off a bit.

Expect a solid WR1 finish from Tyreek from here on out. With at least a couple of BOOM games!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think against Gilmore this week ?? Difficult for Cooper and Hopkins (only 60 yards)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He kept getting injured.  That’s the luck of the game.  Nobody has a crystal ball that can tell you exactly what happens.  At the right price I’ll pick him next year.  He’s probably going 2nd round again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would take him every time in the 2nd round.  One of the few guys with game changing ability that will literally win you weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tomy said:

What do you think against Gilmore this week ?? Difficult for Cooper and Hopkins (only 60 yards)...


I think he has a good shot to produce. He’s a speedster unlike Cooper and Hopkins, so he may be able to break loose on a couple routes. As long as the weather cooperates! 

Edited by swetooth9
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I am really pessimistic here based on the afc championship game last year...watch the vid...there is hope on the deep post corner route against cover 1 but otherwise this is guna be rough....am i wrong for thinking benching for gallup? i know at this point i might as well go down with my stud but this film is not makin me feel great

Edited by Power-O
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How concerned is everyone with the matchup? He only had 1 catch on 3 targets the last time these teams played—obviously it’s a new season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a quiet day. I usually want to avoid getting too cute during the playoffs, but I’m thinking it might be better to stay ahead of the curve rather than regretting the decision on Monday (obviously depends on who you have to replace him with)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not concerned. All it takes is one catch with him. And he was really banged up in the playoffs last season and playing on one leg. I think he still had one critical catch in that game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, devaster said:

I'm not concerned. All it takes is one catch with him. And he was really banged up in the playoffs last season and playing on one leg. I think he still had one critical catch in that game.

 

i believe he had but one catch, albeit for 42 yds ... so, yeah - 5 ppr on one play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, he can put up 20+ any given week, I’m just concerned about the floor against the top defense against WRs (at least in standard). It only takes one big play, but he’s less likely to get that play against new england.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 7:47 PM, swetooth9 said:


I think he has a good shot to produce. He’s a speedster unlike Cooper and Hopkins, so he may be able to break loose on a couple routes. As long as the weather cooperates! 

 

weather forecast could not be any more ideal for early December in Gillette ... 40°, 5 mph wind, no wet stuff expected. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Blizzard warning??? Any insights?

 

Well, wet surfaces typically favors the receiver because he knows the route. But, if heavy snow that has to downgrade all skill positions IMHO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will be taking short passes to the house as defenders fall 

Edited by mjkp64
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone benching him with the weather?

I'm just not sure I can bench him.  I'd be irritated for weeks if I benched him and lost in Week 15.

Have to think the snow probably hinders his speed and quickness game though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Anyone benching him with the weather?

I'm just not sure I can bench him.  I'd be irritated for weeks if I benched him and lost in Week 15.

Have to think the snow probably hinders his speed and quickness game though.

 

 

the weather effects the defense too, so its a wash, the bigger question is if Mahommes hand is okay.  i'd expect a lot more screen passes rather than deep shots today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.