Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

are you serious, Clark?

check the tweets, vet the source - life in the age of the informational superhighway is really none too difficult. 

?????????????????????????

Seems eerily similar to the 4-8 week timetable that reports stated. Saquads and Shurmur never gave that timetable and haven't said he is unlikely to play yet. I'm sure they will after I post this though.

1 minute ago, WayneFontes said:

Will never be the same.

you're gonna take ordinance for that, but it's a very distinct possibility ... especially if the return is rushed 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, WayneFontes said:

Will never be the same.

Yeah, he's going to be better. 😎

Because now he's hungrier to perform and he got a few weeks off to rest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WayneFontes said:

Will never be the same.

Yeah I can’t even begin to count how much careers an ankle sprain has ended.

Probably because it’s 0.

Edited by Gohawks

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Yeah I can’t even begin to count how much careers an ankle sprain has ended.

Probably because it’s 0.

So you CAN count it?

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yeah, understood - it's not my opinion or proclamation, just passing it along 🤷‍♂️

Oh for sure, I wasn't attacking you or anything, was just adding my take. I guess I was somewhat responding to the post right after yours as well. Much appreciated for passing along. 

• Thanks 1

Just like there was the article where Saquon said he didn't understand how somebody from the outside who didn't talk to his doctors or know his body put him on a 6-8 week timetable, not sure how a beat report can emphatically say that Saquon won't be playing this Thursday.  Who is this Jordan Ranaan guy? 

In any case, the decision is simple.  If he's active, you play him.  If he's not, then make other plans.  The only complicating issue is that it might affect your waiver claims tonight. 

• Thanks 1

As an owner of Barkley I was hoping he'd play this week because I need him.

However, understanding all the injuries on the offensive side of the ball AND that they are predicting a monsoon in the Boston area Thursday night I say sit him.

Oh, I'm starting the NE D.

• Like 1

Just not smart to bring him back for a Thursday game you have no chance of winning. And I realize you could say that about a lot of players on bad teams but even if he's 99% it just makes more sense to give him the extra ten days. 

And with Shepard and Engram out I would've expected the Pats to solely focus on stopping him so my guess is he wouldn't have had a monster game anyway. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1

When do you think he will be ruled out? Tomorrow?

I hate that i have to move him out of my IR spot to put in waivers 😕 

2 hours ago, CooL said:

Just like there was the article where Saquon said he didn't understand how somebody from the outside who didn't talk to his doctors or know his body put him on a 6-8 week timetable, not sure how a beat report can emphatically say that Saquon won't be playing this Thursday.  Who is this Jordan Ranaan guy? 

In any case, the decision is simple.  If he's active, you play him.  If he's not, then make other plans.  The only complicating issue is that it might affect your waiver claims tonight. 

Exactly. Ive seen no evidence to support this stupid report. 

Looks like they aren't going to subject him to this coming bloodbath, which is smart. Saquon rises in Week 7, I'd assume!

AdmiredHeavyGoral-size_restricted.gif

8 minutes ago, josheggers said:

Supposedly didn't have his bags packed for the road trip according to a source.

FWIW:

Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) Tweeted: Clearest indication yet that Saquon Barkley isn’t playing: Every player had a travel bag in front of their locker today, packed with uniform and helmets. No bag in front of Barkley, Engram, Gallman’s locker. #Giants

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Thanks 2

This is a good thing. We want our boy back at full strength down the stretch. The last thing we want is to bring him back early and he re-aggrevates it and is out for the season. They have nothing to play for this year so they'll shut him down without hesitation if they need to. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

This is a good thing. We want our boy back at full strength down the stretch. The last thing we want is to bring him back early and he re-aggrevates it and is out for the season. They have nothing to play for this year so they'll shut him down without hesitation if they need to. 

Exactly.  As a Saquon and NE DST owner I say rest him up!

This is no reason to play in a game where he would be the focal point for the defense to key in on.  On top of it the conditions sound like rain and mud, which would be the easiest to re-aggravate his ankle injury.  Rest him up, get him back when he is healthy.

• Like 1