Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

27 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Looks like it is going to be another few weeks, get him healthy for the back stretch.

What makes you say few weeks? I think week 7 is looking highly likely

So after all this hubbub about a freakishly speedy recovery, is it gonna be 4-8 weeks anyways? Lol

3 minutes ago, atrium said:

So after all this hubbub about a freakishly speedy recovery, is it gonna be 4-8 weeks anyways? Lol

To be fair, if the game was this Sunday I think he plays. Although since it’s a Thursday game and they can give him another 10 days to recover, why not?

49 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Looks like it is going to be another few weeks, get him healthy for the back stretch.

Uh...no.

8 hours ago, atrium said:

As mentioned right below this, it was still on the shortest end of the range, and if it wasn't a Thursday game they're gonna lose by 30 he would've played this Sunday. Still gotta be very happy as an owner. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

As mentioned right below this, it was still on the shortest end of the range, and if it wasn't a Thursday game they're gonna lose by 30 he would've played this Sunday. Still gotta be very happy as an owner. 

I don't think it's by any means a guarantee that he comes back next week, they've been very tight lipped about his progress. But yes, if he comes back then that's about best case scenario.

1 hour ago, atrium said:

I don't think it's by any means a guarantee that he comes back next week, they've been very tight lipped about his progress. But yes, if he comes back then that's about best case scenario.

Hes practicing, limited. How the heck have they been tight lipped about his recoveryand im ashamed of all that so many of you are listening to a report with no evidence to back it up. Watch Barkley play this week.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JoesPros said:

Hes practicing, limited. How the heck have they been tight lipped about his recoveryand im ashamed of all that so many of you are listening to a report with no evidence to back it up. Watch Barkley play this week.

We will know tomorrow, but I think it will be Week 7.

1 hour ago, JoesPros said:

officially out for this week.....

1 hour ago, JoesPros said:

This didn’t age well. 

He he was never gonna play. NY is throwing up smoke to try to get opponents to gameplan for him. We don’t officially know how far along in recovery he is

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Hiliman even worth a try goin against that NE d?

No. There's no guarantee he is even going to get most of the work.

Works well owning the Pats D with all these Giants injuries lol. Cant wait to have him back week 7 with the extra rest against the cardinals. He is going to ball out.

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

No. There's no guarantee he is even going to get most of the work.

Penny could be the one.

Advice: The Giants will send in their backups to lose against the Patriots in Foxboro, as Barkley, Evan Engram (knee), Sterling Shepard (concussion), and Wayne Gallman (concussion) will all miss this one. Jon Hilliman and Elijhaa Penny will handle the backfield work for the G-Men.

(Rotoworld.com)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, atrium said:

They can be as tight-lipped as they want, we all saw the video. Barring a practice injury I'd guarantee he's back next week. 

On 10/8/2019 at 7:10 PM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

My prediction:  he's playing this week

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/9/2019 at 1:35 PM, beerfish said:

If you really need a W, I would try and trade Barkley for the Pats D this week

you weren't wrong though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Saquon Barkley (ankle) practiced again Monday.

So did Evan Engram (knee). According to SNY's Ralph Vacchiano, both have at least "a chance" to return when the Giants host Arizona this week. Over the weekend, Barkley tweeted a hype video captioned "I'll be back soon," implying he's in the final stages of his recovery from a high-ankle sprain. New York dropped Jonathan Hilliman Friday, another sign the Giants are expecting Saquon back this week.

Oct 14, 2019, 11:24 AM ET

• Anyone have that Video? I dont have twitter lol  
  • Thanks 1

Considering how Freeman had a great day against Arizona, this would be the perfect tuneup game. It should be like a practice for him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:
  • Anyone have that Video? I dont have twitter lol  

This has me hyped to do big things today. 😂

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Haha 1