Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

A lot of runs last night, barkley refused to try and hit the outside, even runs off the outside of the tackles he would force his way back inside. I thought it looked like a couple runs if he had just hit the outside wouldve been an extra 5-7 yards. Early last year he was jumping outside on everything, he stated he needs to work on running downhill, now the coaching staff doesnt put him in space...Until that catch. It confuses me, but Jones also needs to stop trying to be a hero and just hit barkley on the check down. Its pretty simple. There was a couple times Jones forced a throw downfield instead of hitting barkley and letting him create his own space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

CMC is better than saquon in fantasy and is even better than saquon in real life.

 Bad take is really bad.

Swap teams and Barkley would shatter every single fantasy record. It's not even a debate who is better in real life. Barkley is the best all around RB in a very very long time. Even Barry Sanders had horrible rushing performances. CMC went 22 for 31 just this year and he is on a team FAR FAR better than the Giants. All his long runs this year have been through gaping holes that anyone could score through as well.

I love CMC yet here I am having to say negative s--- about him because someone is feeling themselves and somehow manages to overrate the best player in fantasy.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OL is as bad as Barkley is good. Barkley owners are mostly screwed because he will keep disappointing.  Last night was insanely bad, buoyed only by that one catch and run. And it wasn't just a bad night, the OL has been horrible all year. Combine that with Danny Turnovers and don't expect much most weeks, at least not RB1 numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

 Bad take is really bad.

Swap teams and Barkley would shatter every single fantasy record. It's not even a debate who is better in real life. Barkley is the best all around RB in a very very long time. Even Barry Sanders had horrible rushing performances. CMC went 22 for 31 just this year and he is on a team FAR FAR better than the Giants. All his long runs this year have been through gaping holes that anyone could score through as well.

I love CMC yet here I am having to say negative s--- about him because someone is feeling themselves and somehow manages to overrate the best player in fantasy.

Yeah the Panthers are a real powerhouse with Allen at QB lol.  How you can say Barkley is by far the better running back is laughable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Barkley vs McCaffrey -

I suppose it's just the nature of sports fans to make lists and rankings, but at the end of the day, WGAS?

They are both spectacular.  Trying to say "this guy ranks ahead of this guy" is just splitting microscopic hairs based on small sample sizes or biased observations.  Just be glad you have one of them, hope the other doesn't kill you when you play him too bad, and move on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both are great, but they are in very different situations. In a vacuum I would have Barkley over CMC. The current factors make CMC the best choice in fantasy. He's currently getting 5 more touches than Barkley and his offensive line and the play designs are allowing his talent to be used in space. If I'm not mistaken, Aaron Jones succeeded against the Dallas front by bouncing him outside, instead of trying to run him up the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The only thing that is laughable is you present the argument of QB and ignoring the line, defense, and coaching. 

In fantasy CMC is better. In real life, Barkley is far better. It's not splitting hairs. It's not a knock against CMC. It's like comparing prime Lebron to prime Kawhi. One is absolutely elite and an incredible player the other is on another level never seen before. It's that simple. 

I'll give you the fact that the Carolina's defense is better but your acting like Carolinas oline is elite which it is not in fact is not much better than the Giants. I'm not saying Barkley is not better but to say he is by far the better running back is what I don't agree with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gohawks said:

What ranking thing? Certain players are better than other players. Lebron won against the best team in NBA history while Kawhi beat a team with no one left due to injuries. That doesn't have any real life value? 

Last year Barkley was running behind a pathetic line, with a pathetic washed up QB, and a pathetic defense. He still put up 2,000 yards. That doesn't have any real life value? I'm very confused what you are trying to argue. Again, swap players and teams and in your mind Barkleys real life value would sky rocket because he is playing on a better team. In the NFL a non QB can only do so much.

What I'm trying to argue is, I don't personally care which one woozit's thinks ranks higher IRL as opposed to fantasy.

It doesn't help support my decisions as a fantasy owner.  I don't have both, if I did, I wouldn't sit either under anything but the most extreme circumstances.

It doesn't help me enjoy watching either one play football more or less.

I don't think playing one or the other is more or less problematic for an opposing defense.

I don't really see the point in saying Barkley > McCaffrey or McCaffrey > Barkley.  It just seems to me like navel gazing.

You feel that it's an important distinction to make, I don't.  That's my point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

What I'm trying to argue is, I don't personally care which one woozit's thinks ranks higher IRL as opposed to fantasy.

It doesn't help support my decisions as a fantasy owner.  I don't have both, if I did, I wouldn't sit either under anything but the most extreme circumstances.

It doesn't help me enjoy watching either one play football more or less.

I don't think playing one or the other is more or less problematic for an opposing defense.

I don't really see the point in saying Barkley > McCaffrey or McCaffrey > Barkley.  It just seems to me like navel gazing.

You feel that it's an important distinction to make, I don't.  That's my point.

Only reason it was made is because a poster foolishly said CMC is better. Bad takes deserve to be called out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Only reason it was made is because a poster foolishly said CMC is better. Bad takes deserve to be called out.

 

There should be a way to downvote bad takes out of existence. Like maybe 30 votes and the bad takes will be hidden unless manually expanded haha.

Reasoning against deleting them entirely is if I ever wanted a laugh, I'd like to still read some of the hilarious bad takes on here just for enjoyment.

Edited by WaiverLooter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

 

There should be a way to downvote bad takes out of existence. Like maybe 30 votes and the bad takes will be hidden unless manually expanded haha.

Reasoning against deleting them entirely is if I ever wanted a laugh, I'd like to still read some of the hilarious bad takes on here just for enjoyment.

The problem with a down vote feature is it can discourage people from sharing unpopular opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Only reason it was made is because a poster foolishly said CMC is better. Bad takes deserve to be called out.

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it a bad take.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it a bad take.

Literally every single one of these types of debates: https://youtu.be/cZLxJ0YNGtQ

Edited by JE7HorseGod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

I'll give you the fact that the Carolina's defense is better but your acting like Carolinas oline is elite which it is not in fact is not much better than the Giants. I'm not saying Barkley is not better but to say he is by far the better running back is what I don't agree with it.

Their O-Line may not be elite, but it is significantly better than the Giants. You should know how bad Remmers is if you're actually a Panthers fan. That, combined with the incompetence of the Giants playcalling makes CMC a significantly better fantasy asset this year, but reverse the roles and CMC would have limited success in New York as well. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, panthersfan75 said:

I'll give you the fact that the Carolina's defense is better but your acting like Carolinas oline is elite which it is not in fact is not much better than the Giants. I'm not saying Barkley is not better but to say he is by far the better running back is what I don't agree with it.

That's just untrue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Their O-Line may not be elite, but it is significantly better than the Giants. You should know how bad Remmers is if you're actually a Panthers fan. That, combined with the incompetence of the Giants playcalling makes CMC a significantly better fantasy asset this year, but reverse the roles and CMC would have limited success in New York as well. 

Wrong.   https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

 Carolina is 18. The Giants are 22

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

But don't let facts get in the way of your argument.

 

I mean, that makes sense.

Nate Soldier's a pretty good left tackle.  Paradis and Turner aren't terrible.  Neither team has "blue chip" offensive linemen but both teams units appear to be healthy and stable.

I don't think you could call either unit a major asset but they aren't the Browns or the Rams.

Carolina has better pass catching talent that has been on the field overall and a better defense.  QBs are both young and mistake prone, Allen's been a little more poised.

Both RBs are clear focal points of the team and could face stacked boxes any given Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That's just untrue.

 

Did you watch the Panthers 9ers game? That was a disaster for Carolina, yet CMC still got his.

Barkley is probably the most uniquely talented rb talent I’ve ever seen. I would take him over CMC. But calling a CMC is a better player take foolishly bad is foolishly bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

Cute link. But it completely ignores how the Giants O-Line started out strong but has regressed as the season has gone along, notably Solder, Remmers, and Halapio. It's fine though. You clearly don't watch Giants games and don't see how Saquon hasn't gone the holes that CMC has gotten or his utilization as a pass catcher. Have a good one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really do not understand why that football outsiders stat is used repeadetely. It's not a particularly great stat for measuring how good a line is. Just watch the damn games.

 

Nearly 150 yards and touched by a total of 0 guys. That is 100% on the offensive line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.