Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I mean, that makes sense.

Nate Soldier's a pretty good left tackle.  Paradis and Turner aren't terrible.  Neither team has "blue chip" offensive linemen but both teams units appear to be healthy and stable.

I don't think you could call either unit a major asset but they aren't the Browns or the Rams.

Carolina has better pass catching talent that has been on the field overall and a better defense.  QBs are both young and mistake prone, Allen's been a little more poised.

Both RBs are clear focal points of the team and could face stacked boxes any given Sunday.

??????. Nate Solder might currently be one of the worst 5 starting left tackles in the NFL. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I mean, that makes sense.

Nate Soldier's a pretty good left tackle.  Paradis and Turner aren't terrible.  Neither team has "blue chip" offensive linemen but both teams units appear to be healthy and stable.

I don't think you could call either unit a major asset but they aren't the Browns or the Rams.

Carolina has better pass catching talent that has been on the field overall and a better defense.  QBs are both young and mistake prone, Allen's been a little more poised.

Both RBs are clear focal points of the team and could face stacked boxes any given Sunday.

😂 evidently you haven't watched many Giants games of late, but by all means pull some stat you find on the internet. Ridiculous comment I swear people just talk to talk. 

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ak427 said:

??????. Nate Solder might currently be one of the worst 5 starting left tackles in the NFL. 

I think that may be a product of blocking for Daniel Jones trying to throw to Bennie Fowler more than anything.

Nate has played at a very high level, but football is a timing game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

 

Did you watch the Panthers 9ers game? That was a disaster for Carolina, yet CMC still got his.

Barkley is probably the most uniquely talented rb talent I’ve ever seen. I would take him over CMC. But calling a CMC is a better player take foolishly bad is foolishly bad.

 

Oh you mean the game where he got most of his production on one run where he was also untouched. That it makes it 3 runs for nearly 200 yards. Touched a total of 0 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advanced stats are good but at the same time they are a joke. People throw them around without watching any film and act like they tell a story when in reality they are meant to be used with other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CroNY said:

😂 evidently you haven't watched many Giants games of late, but by all means pull some stat you find on the internet. Ridiculous comment I swear people just talk to talk. 

Like I said, it's a timing game.

He keeps Brady clean because Brady gets the ball out.  Daniel Jones gets sacked in part because he was playing against NC State last year and is trying to get Bennie Fowler open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I think that may be a product of blocking for Daniel Jones trying to throw to Bennie Fowler more than anything.

Nate has played at a very high level, but football is a timing game.

Dude no please stop. You're embarrassing yourself. He was serviceable in New England but was never an all pro or even close. After signing a massive contract with New York, he has regressed to the point where he is almost unplayable and will not be retained next season. He struggled with Eli and is consistently getting beaten by second and third string D-line men. 

Edited by ak427
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

 

Oh you mean the game where he got most of his production on one run where he was also untouched. That it makes it 3 runs for nearly 200 yards. Touched a total of 0 times.

 

Did you watch the game? He was impressive beyond that one play. He was impressive when everything went to crap around him.

That wasn’t even my main point of the post which was that your take was still bad. I don’t agree that CMC is better than barkley, but it’s an understandable take. You were being dramatic and wrong.

Edited by jsch08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Like I said, it's a timing game.

He keeps Brady clean because Brady gets the ball out.  Daniel Jones gets sacked in part because he was playing against NC State last year and is trying to get Bennie Fowler open.

Nate Solder can't go a game without being embarrassed, I'm not going to put that on a rookie QB. Even the last play of last nights game Solder got clowned in .5 seconds leading to a sack fumble TD, Watch the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I really do not understand why that football outsiders stat is used repeadetely. It's not a particularly great stat for measuring how good a line is. Just watch the damn games.

 

Nearly 150 yards and touched by a total of 0 guys. That is 100% on the offensive line.

Lol. Your using two videos to prove your point.  Talk about small sample size.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ak427 said:

Dude no please stop. You're embarrassing yourself. He was serviceable in New England but was never an all pro or even close. After signing a massive contract with New York, he has regressed to the point where he is almost unplayable and will not be retained next season. 

I think you're just more hopeful about the quarterback than the left tackle.  Which makes sense, you're a fan of the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

I think you're just more hopeful about the quarterback than the left tackle.  Which makes sense, you're a fan of the team.

Christ dude. This is my last response to you because it's clear I'm wasting my time with someone who doesn't follow the Giants at all, but it has nothing to do with Jones. He struggled last season with Eli and is not going to be the LT for the Giants next season. Have a good one. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Advanced stats are good but at the same time they are a joke. People throw them around without watching any film and act like they tell a story when in reality they are meant to be used with other things.

Its better than having NO stats at all to back up your point of view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Cute link. But it completely ignores how the Giants O-Line started out strong but has regressed as the season has gone along, notably Solder, Remmers, and Halapio. It's fine though. You clearly don't watch Giants games and don't see how Saquon hasn't gone the holes that CMC has gotten or his utilization as a pass catcher. Have a good one!

Even if you take that it consideration ii doesn't explain why the Panthers are ranked that low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I think you're just more hopeful about the quarterback than the left tackle.  Which makes sense, you're a fan of the team.

Giants couldn't trade him for a bag of chips at the trade deadline there are plenty of teams who need offensive line help. He's not going to be their LT next season.. No one wanted him because he sucks.

Edited by CroNY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

Lol. Your using two videos to prove your point.  Talk about small sample size.

Let me put it this way.

Over 20% of CMCs rushing yards come on 3 plays where he was not touched once. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Let me put it this way.

Over 20% of CMCs rushing yards come on 3 plays where he was not touched once. 

Your still talking about ONE game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CroNY said:

Giants couldn't trade him for a bag of chips at the trade deadline there are plenty of teams who need offensive line help. He's not going to be their LT next season.. No one wanted him because he sucks.

He's got a 12 million dollar cap hit this year.

Nobody traded for AJ Green or Le'Veon Bell either but I don't feel like they are garbage.

Anyway, you guys are right, I'm wrong.  Everything works for the NYG offense except the line so clearly Solder's the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

Your still talking about ONE game

That's 3 seperate games and 3 seperate runs. Those 2 runs combine for over 20% of his rushing yards this season. On those 3 runs he was touched a TOTAL OF 0 TIMES. Yet we are arguing that the offensive lines are close because some advanced stat claims so.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

He's got a 12 million dollar cap hit this year.

Nobody traded for AJ Green or Le'Veon Bell either but I don't feel like they are garbage.

Anyway, you guys are right, I'm wrong.  Everything works for the NYG offense except the line so clearly Solder's the problem.

Dude you're such an idiot. We have repeatedly said their entire O-line is a mess, along with their playcalling, rookie QB, and inconsistent receivers. You chose to say Solder is a "pretty good left tackle" and we refuted that, since, you know, we actually follow the Giants closely. Stick to what you know (whatever that is) and don't say things just for the sake of saying them when you have no insight into them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

He's got a 12 million dollar cap hit this year.

Nobody traded for AJ Green or Le'Veon Bell either but I don't feel like they are garbage.

Anyway, you guys are right, I'm wrong.  Everything works for the NYG offense except the line so clearly Solder's the problem.

Yeah actually you're obviously wrong its okay to be wrong sometimes..

Did I say the Giants didn't have problems in other areas?

The argument here is in regards to Nate Solder, they have two terrible tackles. Watch some games read some analysis from reputable people don't just run to PFF or whatever stats you want to pull up to defend your argument. Anyone whose watching the Giants, Nate Solder pops off the screen with some of the game altering plays he lets up he gets abused every game.

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember this the next time you draft a running back on a terrible team.  No matter how good the player is, the team can really drag the guy down.  Poor line, poor game flow, "tanking," "shutting a player down," etc. are all risk elements that pop up.  See also Joe Mixon.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Remember this the next time you draft a running back on a terrible team.  No matter how good the player is, the team can really drag the guy down.  Poor line, poor game flow, "tanking," "shutting a player down," etc. are all risk elements that pop up.  See also Joe Mixon.

 

Draft Sony Michel 1.1 next time. Those Patriots are always good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.