Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

They'll probably blow it by drafting Jerry Jeudy with a top 5 pick

Ended up trading Barkley, don't feel confident about anything in this organization... Even if he's back to 100% healthy after the bye week I don't feel like we're going to be seeing more than one or two 25+ point performance games and likely not a 30+ game the ROS. 

10 minutes ago, saintrules said:

Ended up trading Barkley, don't feel confident about anything in this organization... Even if he's back to 100% healthy after the bye week I don't feel like we're going to be seeing more than one or two 25+ point performance games and likely not a 30+ game the ROS. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

They'll probably blow it by drafting Jerry Jeudy with a top 5 pick

Great player but again has no business going to any team drafting that high due to needs. Cardinals or Raiders are the earliest I’d even consider it being a good pick.

Also, Jones isn’t anything special. He’s a B- level talent. The kind of dude that an organization commits for way too long while not getting anywhere.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28066242/giants-rb-saquon-barkley-says-get-shut-down

Couple nuggets here:

- "Barkley had an X-ray on his shoulder after Sunday's 34-27 loss to the New York Jets, a source told ESPN. The shoulder is expected to be fine."

- "Barkley won't even consider shutting it down when they return. 'The mindset of sitting me out and resting me for the rest of the season is beyond me," Barkley said. "I do not agree with it. It won't happen. I'm going to keep going until I can't go no more. That's the player I am and I'm going to do it for my teammates.' "

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28066242/giants-rb-saquon-barkley-says-get-shut-down

Couple nuggets here:

- "Barkley had an X-ray on his shoulder after Sunday's 34-27 loss to the New York Jets, a source told ESPN. The shoulder is expected to be fine."

- "Barkley won't even consider shutting it down when they return. 'The mindset of sitting me out and resting me for the rest of the season is beyond me," Barkley said. "I do not agree with it. It won't happen. I'm going to keep going until I can't go no more. That's the player I am and I'm going to do it for my teammates.' "

This is called normalizing an expectation. Nobody expects him to sit out the season, but in two week’s time when it becomes a reality, everyone will say they saw this coming. 

Just a warning to Barkley owners: now is the time to sell for whatever you can get. 

(Happy now that it’s censored? 1A is scary when it makes you think. Thinking is hard.)

Edited by RandyShackleford
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2019 at 6:44 PM, dashoe said:

Wow lots of useful info there.  You go "BullyUnNYG" you insightful expert!  

What's next, Barkley's hat size? :lol:

Anyway I agree on selling Barkley to whatever fool is still dreaming of 30 pt games or w/e. You won't get a top player for him, but even a 2d tier reliable producer beats this. 

Edited by bomont

On 11/10/2019 at 6:53 PM, CooL said:

Watching how Carolina utilizes CMC makes me pissed. I picked Saquon because of the potential to house any ball he touches. But if the o-line sucks that really doesn’t matter. What a mistake.

The OL sucked last year and look what he did. It's a big factor, but for some reason a lot of people are way overlooking the total suckass coaching and play-calling. I think coaches very often get too much blame when things so wrong but not here, they are beyond stupid.

I just don't think he's healthy, on top of the s--- play calling and coaching. Not that he's a stud but it might be time to scoop and stash gallman if u may need a running back. 

Just now, beerfish said:

Any reports on if he's healthy coming off the BYE?

This is where luck comes into play IMO.

Given what we know about Saquan Barkley and high ankle sprains, at some point it is reasonable to expect him to look like him again.

Is this the week?  IDK.  Guess we'll see.

This has to be the week gentlemen. He’s too damn good, the giants hopefully learned not to just run him up the middle EVERY single time 

28 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This is where luck comes into play IMO.

Given what we know about Saquan Barkley and high ankle sprains, at some point it is reasonable to expect him to look like him again.

Is this the week?  IDK.  Guess we'll see.

High ankle sprain should heal 100%. It's not one of those injuries that tends to linger forever (although chance of reinjury is fairly high). We will see though. The main problem has been a terrible line and terrible playcalling. 

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

High ankle sprain should heal 100%. It's not one of those injuries that tends to linger forever (although chance of reinjury is fairly high). We will see though. The main problem has been a terrible line and terrible playcalling. 

Investigating what's wrong with Saquan this year is kind of like that science experiment they make you run in middle school where you break apart SCAT and investigate the parts under the microscope.

There are many elements in there and you could make an argument about the composition, but at the end of the day you're just breaking apart poop.

• Haha 1

Be nice if they can put their best play maker in space to make plays instead of running him up the gut all game. Barkley should see a minimum of 6 targets a game and shouldnt be confined to running behind gaurds or off tackles. Doesnt help he probably isnt fully over the ankle issue. Need a huge week. He has a nice schedule, time to man up and perform.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Be nice if they can put their best play maker in space to make plays instead of running him up the gut all game. Barkley should see a minimum of 6 targets a game and shouldnt be confined to running behind gaurds or off tackles. Doesnt help he probably isnt fully over the ankle issue. Need a huge week. He has a nice schedule, time to man up and perform.

His ankle should be fine by now. He had two weeks to rest. It’s no longer a viable excuse. 

CMC is out here getting 15 targets and they can’t even get Barkley 5 half the time. The targets he does get are some bull**** wackass screens 10 yards behind the line with no blocking. There’s the difference in coaching for ya...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Well he wasn't having fun before - that's gotta be it.  I'm taking it as player speak until I see the production on the field.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28131628/giants-saquon-barkley-vows-just-ball-fun

Lets hope so. It was terrible watching him run into the asses of his lineman and plodding straight up the gut. Get him in space and let him move.

2 hours ago, TTo34 said:

Well he wasn't having fun before - that's gotta be it.  I'm taking it as player speak until I see the production on the field.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28131628/giants-saquon-barkley-vows-just-ball-fun

2 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Lets hope so. It was terrible watching him run into the asses of his lineman and plodding straight up the gut. Get him in space and let him move.

Yeah, its been brutal.  We all see it from our couches, yet shurmur still thinks that 'run into the line and fall down' gives his team the best chance to win..

This ray of genius from ESPN was too funny not to share:

" he'll continue to be one of the most valuable backs in fantasy... " :lol:

It's been eerily quiet leading up to this game. Last I saw Barkley he'd been knocked out of the game and "may" have re-aggravated the HAS. 

No news whatsoever has been forthcoming since then, which I have to assume is a good thing. It's just odd the lack of news I guess. He has a 'gray' info box next to his name on Y! meaning no news for at least a week.

14 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

It's been eerily quiet leading up to this game. Last I saw Barkley he'd been knocked out of the game and "may" have re-aggravated the HAS. 

No news whatsoever has been forthcoming since then, which I have to assume is a good thing. It's just odd the lack of news I guess. He has a 'gray' info box next to his name on Y! meaning no news for at least a week.

Barkley owners better have Gallman as their backup.  He's been banged up alot and Gallman will be a league winner if Barkley goes down.