Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Maybe coincidence, but it feels like his production has dropped since Jones took over, understanding his ankle injury, but it looks like Jones doesn't look to him on the first read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many are handcuffing with Gallman?  Lots of talk about how he didn't look great after the injury, hoping the bye healed him, but just in case, need to grab Gallman?  I feel like there are such higher upside handcuffs than Gallman.  There hasn't been any indication that he is still hobbled, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CooL said:

How many are handcuffing with Gallman?  Lots of talk about how he didn't look great after the injury, hoping the bye healed him, but just in case, need to grab Gallman?  I feel like there are such higher upside handcuffs than Gallman.  There hasn't been any indication that he is still hobbled, right?

Was thinking the same...update anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CooL said:

How many are handcuffing with Gallman?  Lots of talk about how he didn't look great after the injury, hoping the bye healed him, but just in case, need to grab Gallman?  I feel like there are such higher upside handcuffs than Gallman.  There hasn't been any indication that he is still hobbled, right?

 

I am. I haven't heard anything about Saquon's injury and his current condition, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Plus the Giants have an easy remaining schedule for RBs.

So it's a no-brainer for me. If Saquon is fine and healthy after the game, then I'll drop Gallman for another player.

Edited by The Frayed Ends of Fantasy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only was he the biggest first round bust, most of us took him first overall. That draft spot is cursed (DJ a few years back) unless you were smart enough to take CMC with that pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the running for top bust in the draft this year. Last year was a mirage. He’s not top 5 next year 

Edited by evillaw4eva
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gfycat said:

Give us eli manning back 😡

Nah man this is on barkley. Dude looks bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yahyahtrick said:

This year not looking good, but he's going to be insane value in the 2nd / 3rd next year lol

No way does he slip out of first round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, evillaw4eva said:

In the running for top bust in the draft this year. Last year was a mirage. He’s not top 5 next year 

Minor setback for a major comeback. I hope he falls to second round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yahyahtrick said:

This year not looking good, but he's going to be insane value in the 2nd / 3rd next year lol

He’s not getting out of the first round. It will take 2 bad years before he slips to the second. By the time next year rolls around the hype will be all the way back up. To many other busts in the first 2 rounds for this young guy to slip very far. He will be top five 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

He’s not getting out of the first round. It will take 2 bad years before he slips to the second. By the time next year rolls around the hype will be all the way back up. To many other busts in the first 2 rounds for this young guy to slip very far. He will be top five 

 

8 minutes ago, yanksman said:

No way does he slip out of first round

 

I agree, my comment was mostly in jest. But if he keeps this up people will be scared to draft him super early imo

Edited by yahyahtrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember the consensus view:

Barkley is a generational talent who transcends being on a bad team 🤔

Bad team+bad coaching+injury will bring down the mightiest generational talents

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, drisser said:

Not only was he the biggest first round bust, most of us took him first overall. That draft spot is cursed (DJ a few years back) unless you were smart enough to take CMC with that pick.

i've had to #1 overall pick spots in ever in all the leagues i've ever played. the 1st time I took DJ the season he broke his wrist. The other time I took Barkley this season. Oops. 

14 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

Season isn't over but it would be nice if he turned it on for the playoffs and paid off.

not a lot of teams that took this guy are going to be making it to the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Nah man this is on barkley. Dude looks bad

Nah dude this is on Shurmur. Did you see his double spin move. He did a beautiful spin move to avoid losing 4 yards in the backfield only to have two more defenders waiting for him 2 yards later.

He is getting no blocking and is the victim of playing in a vanilla system with a HC with no imagination.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

352 official touches last year. Probably over the cursed 370 before penalties wiped some out. Maybe that’s a factor in his breaking down this year too?

Edited by lvsaint429

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Daniel Jones doesn’t even look for him in the passing game. Even when his hand was bleeding profusely and it obviously was affecting his throws, he didn’t even look to take the easy dump offs. Even more infuriating was watching how CMC effortlessly puts up 30 burger after 30 burger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Nah dude this is on Shurmur. Did you see his double spin move. He did a beautiful spin move to avoid losing 4 yards in the backfield only to have two more defenders waiting for him 2 yards later.

He is getting no blocking and is the victim of playing in a vanilla system with a HC with no imagination.

The second spin move was weak and got him tackled. Should have lowered a shoulder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.