Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

Just now, CooL said:

Daniel Jones doesn’t even look for him in the passing game. Even when his hand was bleeding profusely and it obviously was affecting his throws, he didn’t even look to take the easy dump offs. Even more infuriating was watching how CMC effortlessly puts up 30 burger after 30 burger.

This is it. Eli was perfect for Saquon cause he knew when to check down. Daniel Jones says f--- it and throws it into double coverage, resulting in turnovers and wasting drives. This staff is incompetent in getting Saquon in space

• Like 2

Just now, CooL said:

Daniel Jones doesn’t even look for him in the passing game. Even when his hand was bleeding profusely and it obviously was affecting his throws, he didn’t even look to take the easy dump offs. Even more infuriating was watching how CMC effortlessly puts up 30 burger after 30 burger.

This is also true. Daniel Jones looks for the big play. He holds the ball too long. This is why he has 10 fumbles. This can be fixed, but Shurmur and the OC doesn't seem to have any interest in changing this aspect of his game. Even after the bye week, he still is holding the ball too long and no adjustments.

Yeah what a bust. People are going to say stuff like “it’s the scheme”, “it’s the coaches’ fault”, “it was injury related”, etc. Doesn’t matter. All I know is that CMC isn’t on a particularly good team and he doesn’t have a stud QB handing him the rock, but the guy is straight money cheat code this year. After years of never having the #1 pick, finally getting it, and then to choose really poorly....It’s been a major disappointment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yeah what a bust. People are going to say stuff like “it’s the scheme”, “it’s the coaches’ fault”, “it was injury related”, etc. Doesn’t matter. All I know is that CMC isn’t on a particularly good team and he doesn’t have a stud QB handing him the rock, but the guy is straight money cheat code this year. After years of never having the #1 pick, finally getting it, and then to choose really poorly....It’s been a major disappointment.

CMC isn't run up the gut every play. That's the difference. They aren't using Saquon's abilities outside or as a receiver.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

CMC isn't run up the gut every play. That's the difference. They aren't using Saquon's abilities outside or as a receiver.

Agreed. CMC is LITERALLY the offense and used every which way. Dudes unstoppable. #1 draft pick until he retires in my book. 

6 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Agreed. CMC is LITERALLY the offense and used every which way. Dudes unstoppable. #1 draft pick until he retires in my book. 

I think u mean until Norv Turner retires or leaves the team 😂

29 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I think u mean until Norv Turner retires or leaves the team 😂

Or until his wheels fall off and he falls into the fantasy RB abyss of nothingness like all predecessors 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, dschddny said:

To the bench he goes?

[...]

.Im riding him straight to my grave.  And at the end of the season he will officially be dead to me.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

9 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Nah, Ive been riding this turd to a .500 record all year, whats one more week?  Im not going to potentially miss out on 1 of the last 2 playoff spots in my league because Saquon decides to blow up on my bench.

So to answer your question...Im riding him straight to my grave.  And at the end of the season he will officially be dead to me.

Makes sense!  drafted him #1 in one league and traded for him in my other - dude has done NOTHING!

I wish the coaches would somehow get at least a LITTLE more creative and somehow get him in space!  It's like David Johnson last year - run up the middle over and over and over, expecting different results after getting 1 or 2 yards the first 10 times!

• Like 2

This may be Shurmur's downfall.....Jones has looked decent but to have Saquon regress like this is not acceptable....they invested a 2d overall pick in him and are paying a pretty decent amount considering its a RB....if he doesnt get going I think Shurmur may be toast.....not even Jones' development would save him....

That being said - Shurmur better get creative and quick....the play calling is brutal.  

6 hours ago, CooL said:

Hey same here but it isn't over.

CMC is just... Well, we know who the number 1 is now and I don't think it's ever been so crystal clear.

6 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

DJ faced this last year until they fired the moron coordinator whose name I don't even care to try to remember.

The playoff schedule is juicy. Keep the faith fellas just make the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

DJ faced this last year until they fired the moron coordinator whose name I don't even care to try to remember.

The playoff schedule is juicy. Keep the faith fellas just make the playoffs.

Maybe but I'm sure like everyone else here, most of us had the #1 pick in order to acquire Barkley...or at least #2. That makes getting to the playoffs a struggle with the way Barkley has performed. I'm 6-6 and I still have a chance of sneaking in but only because of Dalvin Cook. If not for him, I wouldn't have had a chance. Barkley was a big letdown which hurt a lot of us.

Edited by jagsfan05

10 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Also Carolina's OL doesn't resemble an old folks' home. Invalid comparison.

That said, Barkley is on my bench Sunday. I'm done.

10 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Can’t remember a bigger disappointment as the #1 pick. 

Shady in 2012.  Larry Johnson went #2 in a lot of drafts after LT in 2007.  Tom Brady in 2008 (ACL year) and he threw 50 TD the year before. Spiller.  TRich.

Yeah the list goes on. I recall Favre a top 5 pick or higher during his heyday and had a disaster year. And anyone remember all the fools hopping on the Kordell Stewart bandwagon after he ran for a bunch of TDs the year before 

2016 Gurley season basically. Not that the YPC or bust people remember that.

Edited by sSektor

11 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Can’t remember a bigger disappointment as the #1 pick. 

David Johnson comes to mind.

• Thanks 1

Wow them in the end, and you’ve got a hit. Saquon s gonna pick up sanfrans sloppy seconds at Green Bay, then get sloppy thirds after penny demolished phi on the ground, then Miami, whose defensive unit will probably be on strike, and finally, to the faithful, saquon will bring us home to the promised land on championship weekend in Washington, a team that officially checked out in week 7, and will be hungover and bitter by week 16. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saquon Barkley 2019:

8 games, 8 starts

118 carries, 461 yards, 3.9ypc, 2 TD

35 rec, 254 yards, 7.4ypr, 1 TD

Ronald Jones II 2019:

11 games, 4 starts
119 carries, 474 yards, 4.0ypc, 5 TD

21 Rec, 218 yards, 10.4ypr, 0 TD

Ronald Jones II is much more raw than Barkley is, being half a year younger, having more than 500 less touches than Barkley between college and pros. RoJo undoubtedly has more room to improve individually.

And I wouldn’t say there is any reason to think the situation in NY will necessarily improve overall more than in TB. They both have room to be much better. 

This really makes you think why anyone would draft Barkley in the 1st round next year, 3-4+ rounds ahead of RoJo?

This isn’t at all about RoJo either, I just saw them next to each other in raw stats and laughed. RoJo is actually rating MUCH higher than Saquon in advanced stats. You can do this with any number of RBs when comparing to Barkley. It is not a good look for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

Wow them in the end, and you’ve got a hit. Saquon s gonna pick up sanfrans sloppy seconds at Green Bay, then get sloppy thirds after penny demolished phi on the ground, then Miami, whose defensive unit will probably be on strike, and finally, to the faithful, saquon will bring us home to the promised land on championship weekend in Washington, a team that officially checked out in week 7, and will be hungover and bitter by week 16. 

This. This is what is stopping me from trading him for whatever the hell I can get for him before our deadline on Wednesday.