Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

I didnt know that they were forced to take either darnold or Barkley. Teams are not allowed to trade their high value picks for more picks? 😂

Your original point was that daniel jones was a bad pick because teams passed on him.  More teams passed on Watson, Mahomes and Jackson.  What would trading more picks accomplish if the guy sucks at drafting?  You're not even keeping up with your own argument 😂  

2 minutes ago, IDGAFOS said:

Your original point was that daniel jones was a bad pick because teams passed on him.  More teams passed on Watson, Mahomes and Jackson.  What would trading more picks accomplish if the guy sucks at drafting?  You're not even keeping up with your own argument 😂  

No my original point was Gettlman sucked at building a team with choosing Barkley and Daniel Jones. I am very consistent 😂

Put a fork in him.

Giants can’t even use a generational talent at RB right. ******** pathetic and disgraceful excuse for an NFL organization.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Put a fork in him.

Giants can’t even use a generational talent at RB right. ******** pathetic and disgraceful excuse for an NFL organization.

Agreed.

It is disappointing, indeed, but I wouldn't say 19/83 and 3/32 (on 7 targets, no less) is a terrible stat line.  I didn't watch the game, so I don't know about the 4 missed targets, or if they were on Jones or Saquon, but I wouldn't say he's done.  GB's defense isn't terrible, and it was played in snow.  Not ideal.

That being said, they could definitely use him a lot better (see CMC).

Can't believe I'm saying this but a switch back to Eli would do wonders. Danny Dimes can't figure out how to check it down and prefers to throw INT's.

Hopefully Saquon saved his best for the playoffs.

Jones doesn't seem to like checking down.  One of the targets he threw to Saquon, he had a defender draped all over him.  The other times where Saquon is completely wide open and waiting for the ball, Jones throws it downfield.  I feel fortunate to get 14.5 PPR points out of him today.  He did have a couple nice runs where even though he was running up the middle (as that's all the Giants have him do), he was able to make a few moves and make some defenders miss for I think a few chunk 10 yard plays.  The announcers even made a comment about it, I bet one of them owns Saquon on his team.

I'll take the 14 points, but I'm trying to fade him next week against the Eagles. I simply dont trust this situation at all. Most probably don't have a better option, but I'm done starting him based off of name value. 

I'm so old, I can remember when everyone was telling me that Mr. 3.97 YPC was going to be the greatest running back of all time.

3 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

I'm so old, I can remember when everyone was telling me that Mr. 3.97 YPC was going to be the greatest running back of all time.

I mean, obviously the GOAT declarations were a stretch (for ANY rookie), but you're doing the same thing in the other direction. The kid is 22 years old...

25 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

No RB in recent memory barring AD himself has passed the eye test quite like rookie Saquon.

• Like 2

Let's all hope that the change back to old man Eli will bring back those tasty checkdowns that stupid Daniel Jones thinks he's too good for.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Engram & Tate due back for Monday ... lotta luv for Elisha to spread around 🤔

Doesn't seem like a bad thing hypothetically.

More for the defense to worry about, if they had a QB who could get the ball to them more than 6 yards down the field.

But, ya know...

Everyone is spot on...Eli is going to be dumping off in the flat non stop. He will want to beat the Playoff hopeful eagles and show the Giants they messed up...twice. Im excited now. I need big plays. Jones is a turnover machine, eli cant do worse, maybe help a smidge getting near the redzone.

This should be good right? Hopefully Eli starts week 14-16.  Jones is in a walking boot and it’s similar to Barkley’s injury but a little less severe.  No need to rush him back.  Come on Saquon!! 

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Engram & Tate due back for Monday ... lotta luv for Elisha to spread around 🤔

Was true last year too though right? Swap Tate with OBJ and it's basically the same situation.

• Like 1