Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

Could Eli actually be our prince and savior?

My God do I miss the days of watching Saquon go ballistic and rack up yards, receptions and TDs! 

But maybe, just maybe, the frustration of this year is gonna be in the rear view and dude is gonna win us some big coin right in time?!?!

• Like 3

think it was the qtrs last year (week 14), and dem King Hendry's rolled into WetLife Stadia ('twas rainy) ... 'quon had his worst game of the year, iirc ... think the Jints were actually shutout - and i do not recall him catching more than 1 or 2 (if that) passes. 

why do i see this year's week 14 as being the mulligan?

wish you all the best! ✌

Condolences to the barkley owners who did not make it to the playoffs, however, for those who managed to weather the storm and made it to the dance, the day of reckoning is about to come, Barkley will become the playoff MVP with Eli back at the helm, cmc who?

8 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Condolences to the barkley owners who did not make it to the playoffs, however, for those who managed to weather the storm and made it to the dance, the day of reckoning is about to come, Barkley will become the playoff MVP with Eli back at the helm, cmc who?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Sadly though, this might be a one and done week for Eli, right? They said Jones has a mild sprain. We need him out for week 15 and 16 to maximize the chance of Saquon returning the #1 draft value we thought we were getting.

Are Barkley owners cuffing Gallman? 

I have not to date and figure if the fantasy gods want to be super cruel and mess with us just prior to the best matchups of the season in week 15 (MIA) and 16 (@WASH) well...the hell with it, it's probably not my year and not meant to be. 

If he can perform the next two weeks all of this year's underperformance will not matter.

11 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Are Barkley owners cuffing Gallman? 

I have not to date and figure if the fantasy gods want to be super cruel and mess with us just prior to the best matchups of the season in week 15 (MIA) and 16 (@WASH) well...the hell with it, it's probably not my year and not meant to be. 

If he can perform the next two weeks all of this year's underperformance will not matter.

I finally did last week. Don't think Gallman will be amazing, but those matchups are about as good as you can hope for. I think I'd be playing him over the rest of the guys on my bench if the worst happens.

As for Saquon, well this is the moment of truth lad, just need a solid performance tomorrow night or the above will not matter anyway.

He has a dream schedule for the final weeks of the playoffs with Miami & Washington.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Naboo said:

He has a dream schedule for the final weeks of the playoffs with Miami & Washington.

Yeah, and hopefully Eli is in for both of them.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, and hopefully Eli is in for both of them.

He is -> Daniel Jones' high-ankle sprain is expected to keep him out 2-4 weeks. (Roto)

I like this farewell tour for Eli and the team should play hard for him.

• Like 1

Is this guy still considered the best RB? There’s several guys I would rather have but I don’t watch the Giants so maybe I missed something. 

5 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Is this guy still considered the best RB? There’s several guys I would rather have but I don’t watch the Giants so maybe I missed something. 

No, but I still consider him the best. I will pick him with my #1 pick if I get the chance. Still only one player that should go ahead of him and that's CMC. I'd even think about Dalvin Cook. Other than that, nobody else. Guys like Zeke have a ton of mileage.

Edited by FitzMagic

3 minutes ago, Krambone said:

He isnt the best fantasy option but i think he is the most talented with all the skills youd expect from the leagues best rb. Giants do a terrible job of creating plays that open up space for him. They plod him up the middle and fail to recognize his pass catching skills like last year. Seems like they forget to use him in the passing game. Eli should help a ton checking down to him. Daniel Jones was too good for the CMC check downs. As a coach, you would think if your best player is getting stuck behind a crap line that you'd run him outside or in the flat or across the middle or a route underneath, they dont, he blocks and they throw bad incomplete passes. I won this week so anything from him and sanders will do. I dont see the play calling changing dramatically but id expect his 2-5 targets to become 5-8 with Eli under center.

• Like 1

Ha also looked a step slower since coming back from his injury. I would also considered him a top 2 pick next season, especially if the Giants finally fix their O-Line.

Now would be a great time for Barkley to have his game of the year.   You know the one where after you used your high first round pick someone at your draft said 'he'll win you a couple games for sure'.    Well, hasn't happened yet and if it doesn't happen tonight, it's bye bye.

I hope he does well too but its a tough spot tonight...Philly home after that embarrassing loss to Miami last week. They're tough against the run as is, now at home and pissed.

Edited by Gryfter

14 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

I hope he does well too but its a tough spot tonight...Philly home after that embarrassing loss to Miami last week. They're tough against the run as is, now at home and pissed.

The hope is for a ton of checkdowns. If Jones was starting, I wouldnt be feeling so great. I think he has a floor of 15 in PPR tonight 

I heard a stat on the radio this week.  Targets with Eli: 6.2 per game.  Targets with Jones: 6.0.  I don't know how accurate that is, I'd have to go back and tabulate.  But that's certainly surprising.  In the brief amount of Giants games that I've watched before flipping the channel in disgust, it certainly seems like Jones eschews the check downs and misses badly downfield all the time.