Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Where were the checkdowns? Suddenly Eli was throwing down field. 

Envious of all those Miles Sanders and Boston freaking Scott chunk checkdowns.. luckily he plays Miami next week

4 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Not his fault, but arguably the biggest bust this year smh

Huge bust and I picked him at 1. Still in the playoffs thanks to Lamar.

Big decision whether to actually start him next week as crazy as it sounds. He's only had two big games all season. Weeks 2 and 8. The temptation is it's the Dolphins.

22 minutes ago, IslandBoy said:

Huge bust and I picked him at 1. Still in the playoffs thanks to Lamar.

Big decision whether to actually start him next week as crazy as it sounds. He's only had two big games all season. Weeks 2 and 8. The temptation is it's the Dolphins.

I'm in the same situation. Starting him. The matchup is too good.

He actually looked great to me last night. PHI D line is strong and he found room to gut out 4 YPC vs running into a wall. His lack of performance is more a function of the offense in general. He didn't look injured to me.

Hoping for a retirement party for Eli next week in the meadowlands and Barkley celebrates as well.

He averaged 4 yards a carry against a stud running defense who had 8 in the box and within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage. No one is afraid of the Giants passing game...until that changes he will have less room than any RB in the league currently.

I think he gets 100yds this weekend, with a 50/50 shot at a TD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

He averaged 4 yards a carry against a stud running defense who had 8 in the box and within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage. No one is afraid of the Giants passing game...until that changes he will have less room than any RB in the league currently.

I think he gets 100yds this weekend, with a 50/50 shot at a TD.

Pray to the fantasy gods!

Saquon Barkley rushed 17 times for 66 yards and turned three catches into one yard in the Giants' Week 14 overtime loss to the Eagles.

His four targets were the fewest on the team among five players who had a pass thrown their way for the Giants. It's just been that kind of season for Barkley, who has zero touchdowns over the last five weeks and no 100-yard rushing games since going down in Week 2 with a high-ankle sprain. Fantasy owners who drafted Barkley are likely not even in the playoffs (or limped in and got KOd by Barkley's lack of production last night), but he does catch a tasty Week 15 draw at home against the Dolphins where Barkley will be a lock-and-load RB1. Thanks for nothing! (Rotoworld.com)

That was a thing of beauty if you're in the semis--vindication at last!

If not...well I guess that explains why the thread didn't get touched after that incredible performance.

Can't say the #1 pick was wasted now. He came through when it mattered. If you made it semis. I know, big if. 

33 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Can't say the #1 pick was wasted now. He came through when it mattered. If you made it semis. I know, big if. 

Tons of people probably didn't even make playoffs because he was useless the rest of the season. It was a total waste of a pick for a ton of people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Tons of people probably didn't even make playoffs because he was useless the rest of the season. It was a total waste of a pick for a ton of people. 

Lol that's why I said "if you made semis. I know big if"....

Also he was far from useless. He had 6 double digit games prior to this week in .5 PPR. And two 20+ games. Not including this week. 

6 hours ago, Proteus said:

That was a thing of beauty if you're in the semis--vindication at last!

If not...well I guess that explains why the thread didn't get touched after that incredible performance.

[...] Can’t even get that excited from a keeper point of view since it was an Eli game (he might be washed up, but he’s still good for Saquon). Next year it’s back to Jones and his total incompatibility with SB. 🙄

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

changing of the guard...

Let's just hope that despite Jones' rookie ways, Saquon can still find good enough holes to make an impact

Great. Make sure you don't check down Danny. Keep your eyes down field and throw it to whoever. Doesn't matter what color jersey.

F!!!

• Haha 1

This is annoying.  Last thing we needed.  Saquon was on a roll too.  I would temper expectations for Saquon this week.  He will be nothing more than a low end RB2/Flex play with Daniel Jones at Center.  Great.  

23 minutes ago, Harego42 said:

Why don’t they just stick with Eli?? God the media hyping up Daniel Jones is so annoying 

wow. 

let's surgically remove ourselves from the magick foosball bent of this, and reassess...

the Jints burnt yuuuuuge draft capital on Dimes, much to the chagrin of their fanboi minions, and to the ridicule of many a talking head numb nutz ... with idiot Cris Carter going so far as to say it was a racial move by the Jints.  yep. he sure did say that.  and held his job afterwards (was dismissed later, but not for that remark/opinion).

the media lambasted them for this draft pick, basically ... so, the organization needs no outside influence here - they ride or die with Dimes - DAMN THE TORPEDOES!!!1!111!1111!!!