Joe Odam

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

That could not be more vague.

Well sorry. Maybe mcl tear? 

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
Typo

Guice may try stem cell therapy on his injured knee in an effort to avoid surgery, JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington reports.

It turns out he hurt his right knee somewhere along the way, leading to an MRI on Monday and the expectation of an upcoming absence. The only good news is that it isn't the same knee in which Guice suffered a torn ACL last year. The Redskins, at least temporarily, figure to turn back to Adrian Peterson as their lead runner.

Edited by shakestreet

Just now, shakestreet said:

Guice may try stem cell therapy on his injured knee in an effort to avoid surgery, JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington reports.

This is terrible

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Well sorry. Maybe mcl tear? 

Wasn't directed at you.  The report is based on no facts - just speculation.

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

Wasn't directed at you.  The report is based on no facts - just speculation.

Very true

Right knee sprain. Whenever he does come back it’s going to be very messy smh. I don’t expect much from him anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

Right knee sprain. Whenever he does come back it’s going to be very messy smh. I don’t expect much from him anymore. 

I agree 100%

33 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

That could not be more vague.

Not true, he may or may not miss time depending on if he is or isn’t injured.

I’m just messing around but until we know more about whether it’s a tear or a sprain I think we should hold off on dropping him.

Holding until an actual timetable is established.

1 hour ago, Unbreakable said:

With news of it being a meniscus injury, is he a hold or drop?

If you have an IR slot open, stash him there once his status changes to "out" but otherwise, I can't see how he'll be very useful this year so you can probably cut him.

• Like 1

Don't own Guice or AP.  Have no dog in this fight.

If I did, I'd drop him outright.  He didn't do anything with the start, and he got hurt again.

If you stash him on the bench, he'll just suck up a roster spot, only to be ready to play again in week 5-9, and if you start him, you'll be disappointed.

His team is bad.  His best OL is not with the team.

I would cut my losses.

3 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

Don't own Guice or AP.  Have no dog in this fight.

If I did, I'd drop him outright.  He didn't do anything with the start, and he got hurt again.

If you stash him on the bench, he'll just suck up a roster spot, only to be ready to play again in week 5-9, and if you start him, you'll be disappointed.

His team is bad.  His best OL is not with the team.

I would cut my losses.

Word on the street is Trent Williams is going to be back with the team. I can be patient for awhile. 

14 hours ago, sjm76 said:

If you have an IR slot open, stash him there once his status changes to "out" but otherwise, I can't see how he'll be very useful this year so you can probably cut him.

And yeah, absolutely this. Just waiting for him to be Out this week on Yahoo.

I think we are looking at 4 to 6 weeks at a minimum, and an IR - DTR stint wouldn't surprise me either.  That would be 8 weeks if he returns.

I'm really hoping we get some news today.  [...] With how quickly the RB landscape changes early in the season, I'd rather have the flexibility of an open spot. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I’ve torn my meniscus twice and the recovery was extremely short. I bet he’s out for 2 to 3 weeks tops. Which is kind of good considering the run d they’re going up against. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, blue42 said:

I’ve torn my meniscus twice and the recovery was extremely short. I bet he’s out for 2 to 3 weeks tops. Which is kind of good considering the run d they’re going up against. 

True, but the concern is that he didn't look too great, and the injury he picked up may have been due to compensating for his previous injury on the other knee. And, you know, it's the Redskins. If you have an IR spot then great, but if you don't I'd have no problem dropping him for somebody like, say, Ronald Jones, or Gio.

• Like 1

Why would you undergo stem cell whatever to avoid a surgery with a 2-3 week recovery timeframe?

I understand the concerns. My thoughts are that guice is a very good running back. Looks a lot like Ezekiel Elliot.  A couple more weeks of rest and getting Trent willians back will make him a good candidate for a second half breakout. If he’s your 4th or 5th rb I think he’s worth a hold. 

• Like 1