Joe Odam

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Oh wow thanks. I thought you couldn't move them to IR until it said "INJ" or whatever next to their name. Thanks!

Will keep Guice stashed on IR and hopefully use him late in the season...

NP mate, INJ is for basketball , they don't use that tag in football. Let's hope Guice comes back around week 10 or so , but honestly at this point I'm not even counting on that. For now he can marinate on my IR slot, doesn't affect me whatsoever. But I'll drop him quicker than a snicker if another player of mine gets hurt. 

• Like 1

Well, there it is.  Never made sense that the original report was a "meniscus strain".  You can't strain a meniscus.  It's either torn or it's not.  So now this is a guy who has two bad knees.  He is droppable and will not be relevant this year.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, meekzy said:

too many high upside waiver adds early in the season to carry dead weight

The question right now is if he will be a viable option by Week 11? Could he be impactful for a fantasy playoff run? One could argue he will get a look late since the Redskins will likely be well out of playoff contention. I can’t see them sitting him at that point, especially when they may need to make a decision on what to do personnel-wise at RB. Just as the Vikings had to do with Dalvin. I’m sure his second year played into how aggressive they were in the draft.

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

The question right now is if he will be a viable option by Week 11? Could he be impactful for a fantasy playoff run? One could argue he will get a look late since the Redskins will likely be well out of playoff contention. I can’t see them sitting him at that point, especially when they may need to make a decision on what to do personnel-wise at RB. Just as the Vikings had to do with Dalvin. I’m sure his second year played into how aggressive they were in the draft.

yeah he might, who knows, i'll pick him up in week 8 if he's there but i'd rather take a chance on other guys until then even if he does come back and contribute

• Like 2

I think he's droppable in redraft.  6 to 8 weeks is a long time to wait for an unproven player who might not see action till next year potentially.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Way to early for that.

maybe but he sure as sh** ain't off to a very good start.

13 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Way to early for that.

We're looking at year 3 to start his career.

Has a RB ever missed his first two seasons with injuries to both knees, and come back at a high level of play?

1 hour ago, ItsMeMario said:

His career is over

No, this is incorrect.  Did Russell Westbrook's career end when he had his knee surgeries for his meniscus?

You don't know what you are talking about quite frankly. 

Having said that, in my keeper league I'm holding in my IR spot and look forward to him coming back later this year.  Does this suck? For sure it does and is not ideal but his career is not over and neither is this season.  Talk about going off the deep end. This kid is only 22 years old and I bet eventually ends up doing OK.

For those in re-draft and no IR spots I could see why you might need to drop him.  Hard to hang on to dead weight at this point.  If though in dynasty/keeper leagues I would be trying to acquire for cheap. 

• Like 1

The guy hasn’t even shown glimpses in the nfl of what he can do, i’d say he’s an easy drop at this point...I highly doubt he contributes much this year...if he has a healthy offseason I might buy in again next year (although at a deeper discount than this year)

7 minutes ago, ItsMeMario said:

A grown man sucking on lollipop is a disaster bound to happen 

Well, at least we now know for the future. Avoid lollipop suckers.

screen-shot-2018-08-02-at-9-42-03-pm.png

Get well, Mr. Guice!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Big Nate said:

No, this is incorrect.  Did Russell Westbrook's career end when he had his knee surgeries for his meniscus?

You don't know what you are talking about quite frankly. 

Having said that, in my keeper league I'm holding in my IR spot and look forward to him coming back later this year.  Does this suck? For sure it does and is not ideal but his career is not over and neither is this season.  Talk about going off the deep end. This kid is only 22 years old and I bet eventually ends up doing OK.

For those in re-draft and no IR spots I could see why you might need to drop him.  Hard to hang on to dead weight at this point.  If though in dynasty/keeper leagues I would be trying to acquire for cheap. 

I’m sure you can find plenty of other basketball players with similar issues that their careers ended over this. Such an irrelevant fact you brought into this. 

20 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

I’m sure you can find plenty of other basketball players with similar issues that their careers ended over this. Such an irrelevant fact you brought into this. 

I'm well aware of meniscus issues with players in all sports. Generally it does not end their seasons nor their careers. There are studies dating back 10+ years on this and most athletes come back to play the same season, unless it happens to be the end of season.  Many other athletes decide to play through it and go for a scope at the end of the season and come back to play the following year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kdko said:

We're looking at year 3 to start his career.

At least he will be well rested. 

• Haha 2

Man this guy is destroying me in a keeper league. Drafted him last year, kept him on my bench all season. Got him as my keeper this season and he couldn't even give us a single start. I may have to just cut him at this point.

2 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Man this guy is destroying me in a keeper league. Drafted him last year, kept him on my bench all season. Got him as my keeper this season and he couldn't even give us a single start. I may have to just cut him at this point.

Are you me? I drafted him R13 last year, kept for R12 pick this year and I'm cutting him for a backup TE now.   I'll re-add him if he's still available towards the end of the year, but this guy is blue balling me hard. 

26 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I'm well aware of meniscus issues with players in all sports. Generally it does not end their seasons nor their careers. There are studies dating back 10+ years on this and most athletes come back to play the same season, unless it happens to be the end of season.  Many other athletes decide to play through it and go for a scope at the end of the season and come back to play the following year.

I’m not saying meniscus injuries end careers, I’m saying you’re picking an NBA player as an example, when this guy already has suffered a torn ACL (sure it was the other knee but still matters), and didn’t even seem really 100% coming into this year. Don’t get me wrong I drafted him hoping as well. 

For those with an IR slot:

1.) Pick him up for free if dropped.

2.) Put him in IR slot.

3.) Plan around his availability, make sure your bye weeks are covered.

4.) Use that "free" ir slot to review him for a week.

5.) Either you cash out or you cut his a**.

It's probably going to be a lost season for the Skins by the time he returns, might get all the carries he can handle by then.

4 hours ago, Szer0 said:

For those with an IR slot:

1.) Pick him up for free if dropped.

2.) Put him in IR slot.

3.) Plan around his availability, make sure your bye weeks are covered.

4.) Use that "free" ir slot to review him for a week.

5.) Either you cash out or you cut his a**.

It's probably going to be a lost season for the Skins by the time he returns, might get all the carries he can handle by then.

If its gonna be a lost season, why would they rush to put him back on the field at all? To risk further injury? I just don’t see it.