Joe Odam

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

Big Time Hold - what's the point of playing AP in a lost season. Get Guice a full run and see how he handles it. AP & CT25 are not spring chickens they need to add more rb talent in next years draft so they need to let Guice get his run and determine what other incoming rbs can mesh with him. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, dynst1988 said:

Big Time Hold - what's the point of playing AP in a lost season. Get Guice a full run and see how he handles it. AP & CT25 are not spring chickens they need to add more rb talent in next years draft so they need to let Guice get his run and determine what other incoming rbs can mesh with him. 

A sensible idea.  But this is the Dan Snyder/Bruce Allen version of the Washington Team.  They rarely make good decisions.  I expect them to continue wasting carries with AD.

• Like 1

Picked up Guice a few weeks ago, dropped it like its hot 🥵. Watched 2 straight Redskins games in a row from beginning to end since he’s been back and man it was painful, that’s all it took to make that decision.  Haskins is absolutely horrible, worst offense in the league, and with AP and Thompson back.....NO THANKS!!

Anyone holding this guy has to be super desperate.

Guice = Fool’s Gold

37 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Picked up Guice a few weeks ago, dropped it like its hot 🥵. Watched 2 straight Redskins games in a row from beginning to end since he’s been back and man it was painful, that’s all it took to make that decision.  Haskins is absolutely horrible, worst offense in the league, and with AP and Thompson back.....NO THANKS!!

Anyone holding this guy has to be super desperate.

Guice = Fool’s Gold

I don't need this guy to carry me to the promised land. I just need him to possibly be a viable starter in my first or second flex position come weeks 15 and 16.

Week 15...not a good matchup with PHI. Week 16...good...at home vs. NYG.

I still think AP could be put out to pasture here soon and Guice gets more volume. Volume is king. If he's getting 20 touches during the fantasy playoffs he could play an integral role in fantasy championships.

[...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

16 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I don't need this guy to carry me to the promised land. I just need him to possibly be a viable starter in my first or second flex position come weeks 15 and 16.

I still think AP could be put out to pasture here soon and Guice gets more volume. Volume is king. If he's getting 20 touches during the fantasy playoffs he could play an integral role in fantasy championships.

[...] 

Nah...much better options I’d imagine unless you are in a 14-16team league. I’d rather invest in a cuff or lottery ticket such as: 

Mattison/Gus/Gallman/Armstead/Pollard

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

[...] 

If AP is out of the picture then Guice is a viable starter based on volume. Washington is committed to a run first philosophy so I see a steady rotation of all 3 rb's if healthy

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Randy_Rancourtt said:

Still wouldn't start him. 

Perfectly fine flex play in 12 team leagues or larger.

That performance is only going to encourage the staff (and management) to push for more touches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep calm, beautiful matchup. Both Guice and AD had monster games. Expect RB2/3 depending on matchup, temper expectations. Skins are a bad offense.

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Perfectly fine flex play in 12 team leagues or larger.

That performance is only going to encourage the staff (and management) to push for more touches.

Yeah I’ll admit wasn’t expecting that, I’ll give credit where it is due, for the moment. I do believe Guice is talented but it’s just hard to trust this late in the season with such a weak offense and being in a timeshare. AP ain’t going nowhere. 

Guice with a good game then a horrible one then today a great game. How the hell are we suppose to figure this game out. 

• Like 3

Depending on how the Seahawks use Carson tomorrow I might have to pull the trigger with Guice next week.

3 hours ago, Vivens26 said:

I’m rolling the Guice and putting this guy into my flex position. I just watched his highlights and I’m sold. 

Cmon now you blew a perfectly good opportunity 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Yeah I’ll admit wasn’t expecting that, I’ll give credit where it is due, for the moment. I do believe Guice is talented but it’s just hard to trust this late in the season with such a weak offense and being in a timeshare. AP ain’t going nowhere. 

AP is old. Did you see the highlights and the power he runs with? I agree that it would be nice for him to get more touches, especially with what he did this week. He needs more than 10 carries if he's going to be doing this each week.  The stiff arm was NASTY!

He also got goal line carries and scored 2 TDs on those runs. If he gets the red zone work he's going to score TDs.

Edited by Big Nate
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 7:51 PM, Tomei7 said:

Nah...much better options I’d imagine unless you are in a 14-16team league. I’d rather invest in a cuff or lottery ticket such as: 

Mattison/Gus/Gallman/Armstead/Pollard

He worked behind Buck Allen, so I think he's not a good investment now.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 11:12 AM, dynst1988 said:

So many dropped him after this comment. He was always a hold. Stay strong Guice owners he's gonna be a solid rb 2 in playoffs. Philly week 15 doesn't scare me anymore. If he gets 15 carries and 2-3 targets he will be solid.