Rotoworld.com Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Think his ADP will be around round 12 next year? Obviously lot can change from now until next season.

I have no idea but I don't think I would blow a pick on him before then is my point. I would rather pick up a projected premium handcuff before picking him up, like a Mattison or Pollard.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld on Sunday:  the Redskins aren't likely to make Guice a workhorse in 2019 given his injury history. Guice is a bench stash and low-end flex play for those in trouble. Rotoworl

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick wit

Posted Images

17 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Worth a flier next year in round 12+ or more maybe. Can probably get him real cheap. AP not getting any younger. However, I'd be surprised if Redskins don't try and add a RB through the draft next year in the mid to late rounds. Thompson and Guice always seem to be injured and AP always playing through injury.

He will be going a lot higher than that.  While he has been injured the ACL was the worst. He might have longer term issues with his meniscus when he's 40+ but many athletes get a "clean-up" and have a successful career.

I don't doubt that the skins draft another RB in round 2-4 but I still think this will be Guice's backfield and you are going to have to draft him earlier than round 12 to get him. I want to own this kid everywhere next year.  He's only 22 and he will start figuring out his body and what works and what doesn't in order for him to stay healthy.  This latest was a hit on his knee, and an MCL isn't that bad long term.

DraftRoomPod‏ @draftroompod
FollowFollow @draftroompod
More

.@DhaSickest leads all RBs (min. 30 carries) in yards after contact per attempt (5.07) . . . . . . . Jonathan Williams (4.14) Derrick Henry (4.12) Tony Pollard (3.91) Duke Johnson (3.89) Beastly. Can't wait to see him bounce back.

---

2️⃣ 9️⃣Verified account @DhaSickest
FollowFollow @DhaSickest
More

Since returning, 4 games 32 carries 227 yards 7.1 AVG; 2 touchdowns. 4 REC 59 yards 14.7 AVG; 1 touchdown! I was getting in rhythm

17 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

I have no idea but I don't think I would blow a pick on him before then is my point. I would rather pick up a projected premium handcuff before picking him up, like a Mattison or Pollard.

Did you say that about Cook after his first 2 years of being injured? I'm just saying this guy is worth the gamble.

10 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Did you say that about Cook after his first 2 years of being injured? I'm just saying this guy is worth the gamble.

I would say Cook's situation was a bit different. Whenever Cook was healthy, the Vikings treated him as their every down back and gave him the majority of the work. Guice is still splitting reps with AP and losing pass down work to Thompson. He has to overcome not only the injury but then somehow gain the Redskins' trust enough to beat out his competition. That's a pretty tall order and I would think the first on the pecking order for the redskins would be AP to start the season and maybe a rookie RB as well and his ADP should reflect that. He might be able to do it and it did seem like the Redskins gave him the bellcow treatment somewhat to begin the season, although it was fairly short lived. I will say that the lead back on this super conservative Redskins offense yields great value and upside if a clear winner emerges but hesitant to crown Guice just yet.

1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

I would say Cook's situation was a bit different. Whenever Cook was healthy, the Vikings treated him as their every down back and gave him the majority of the work. Guice is still splitting reps with AP and losing pass down work to Thompson. He has to overcome not only the injury but then somehow gain the Redskins' trust enough to beat out his competition. That's a pretty tall order and I would think the first on the pecking order for the redskins would be AP to start the season and maybe a rookie RB as well and his ADP should reflect that. He might be able to do it and it did seem like the Redskins gave him the bellcow treatment somewhat to begin the season, although it was fairly short lived. I will say that the lead back on this super conservative Redskins offense yields great value and upside if a clear winner emerges but hesitant to crown Guice just yet.

AP may not be back.  Chris Thompson may not be back.  Bryce Love will probably be a factor.  There may be a whole new coaching staff that isn’t as savvy at building a run game as Bill Callahan is.

There is no real telling what his value might be come next season. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

I'd say it is similar. Cook shared duties with Latavius Murray.  Murray had 8 and 6 TDs Cooks first two years (356 carries).  This is the first year (Cook's 3rd) that they give him the reigns.

Having said that, as Iron-Cock mentioned, there is no guarantees that the other RBs are back. And there is lots up in the air with a potential new staff in WSH.  With that in mind a new regime may also signal new RBs so nothing is for sure.... except that Guice has the talent to be a starting RB in the league.  Now he just needs to stay healthy.  WSH could also decide to move on from Guice but I doubt they do that.  They will need to have other RBs on the roster if Guice continues to have injuries issues.

Just saying that one can't be too quick to write-off Guice.

Edited by Big Nate
4 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

ADP:  4.3 YPC (167 carries)

Thompson: 3.6 YPC (26 carries)

Guice:  5.8 YPC (42 carries)

ADP is a hall of famer but he turns 35 in three months.  Guice also had a higher yards per reception and caught the only receiving TD of the three RBs, but an even smaller sample size than his rushing stats.

I have some concern about CT in the passing game.  I have some concern about them taking another back in the draft.  But truthfully my only concern with Guice is his health and how injury prone he is.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 4:42 PM, oban14 said:

But truthfully my only concern with Guice is his health and how injury prone he is.

No concerns about O-line, weak supporting cast, QB, coaching/FO overhaul?