Rotoworld.com Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

12 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

well they averaged 26 rush attempts (14th in the NFL)  last year with zero rb depth behind AP, so an additional 4 carries isn't exactly a hot take with a healthy Guice. I'm curious as to why everyone is so sure that AP will start the season as the starter. As of now that's a baseless assumption

Why would Washington start Guice week 1 when he is coming off of a torn ACL (and multiple setbacks) when they resigned AP? The only logical assumption would be slowly working Guice back and using AP as a short term RB.

And I wasn't talking about rush attempts when I asked about projecting Washington's offense. I meant, do you think they will be efficient? Will they be high scoring? IMO they look like a mess... Case (in a new offense) at QB and nothing special at WR or TE. Sounds like an offense, and RB situation, to stay away from in redraft. I will let someone else over spend and take the chance.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld on Sunday:  the Redskins aren't likely to make Guice a workhorse in 2019 given his injury history. Guice is a bench stash and low-end flex play for those in trouble. Rotoworl

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick wit

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

Why would Washington start Guice week 1 when he is coming off of a torn ACL (and multiple setbacks) when they resigned AP? The only logical assumption would be slowly working Guice back and using AP as a short term RB.

And I wasn't talking about rush attempts when I asked about projecting Washington's offense. I meant, do you think they will be efficient? Will they be high scoring? IMO they look like a mess... Case (in a new offense) at QB and nothing special at WR or TE. Sounds like an offense, and RB situation, to stay away from in redraft. I will let someone else over spend and take the chance.

keenum will make either the slot wr, TE or pass catching rb a fantasy stud. . . but we don't know those players are andneither does the team  😂

34 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Good thing Guice doesn’t have them. Lol. 

Right - it was just an odd choice of words by an OP upthread.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

Dickering in March about where a guy's ACL rehab is gonna be in August is about as useful as male nipples.

i'm not really into this analogy, i'd miss my nipples were they to disappear, but yeah, absolutely useless.

if he's 100% there's no reason not to start from week 1, if there are some doubts he can take it easy. we just cannot know that now.

4 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Dickering in March about where a guy's ACL rehab is gonna be in August is about as useful as male nipples.

Some leagues draft and trade well before August so not that useless 👁️

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Some leagues draft and trade well before August so not that useless 👁️

ok, assume you draft in may: debating in march how he will be in august is still pointless, as you will have two more months worth of information just before the draft.

6 minutes ago, warpster said:

ok, assume you draft in may: debating in march how he will be in august is still pointless, as you will have two more months worth of information just before the draft.

So then exactly why are we all including yourself here opining in the rotoworld forum today?

Are not all of these opinions useless?  😱

there are opinions and there is pure guesswork.

whether guice will start week 1 or not is not a matter of opinion at this point in time: even his doctor won't know this, he may have an opinion because he watches him every day and it's his bloody job, but as for us? pure guesswork.

how many times he will touch the ball based on last season's schemes and situations in games, the new personnel coming in and how you project them doing, that is a matter of opinion, and for that i'm all ears.

1 hour ago, warpster said:

whether guice will start week 1 or not is not a matter of opinion at this point in time: even his doctor won't know this, he may have an opinion because he watches him every day and it's his bloody job, but as for us? pure guesswork.

how many times he will touch the ball based on last season's schemes and situations in games, the new personnel coming in and how you project them doing, that is a matter of opinion, and for that i'm all ears.

I'd define opinion and guesswork as the same, how are you defining both?

1 hour ago, warpster said:

Image result for confused gif

• Haha 2
51 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I'd define opinion and guesswork as the same, how are you defining both?

opinions ---> based on facts, constructed through some sort of reasoning (which may or may not be flawed).

guesswork ---> pulled out of your arse (result of a guess...)

:D

Edited by warpster
31 minutes ago, warpster said:

opinions ---> based on facts, constructed through some sort of reasoning (which may or may not be flawed).

guesswork ---> pulled out of your arse (result of a guess...)

:D

image.png.5d68ca846855eeca30424c9416505962.png

• Haha 2

seems like as good a time as any to refresh everyone's memory on Guice's declaration at the onset of this thread

just remember who the conductor of this train has been since long before the hype that is about to shower down on us😎 🤳

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

just remember who the conductor of this train has been since long before the hype that is about to shower down on us😎 🤳

...Derrius himself?

On 3/26/2019 at 8:44 PM, Joe Odam said:

seems like as good a time as any to refresh everyone's memory on Guice's declaration at the onset of this thread

We'll also remember you when it doesn't 😛 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mr2Saint said:

More videos of Guice cutting. Obviously not full speed, but looking good!

Cutting? Where was the cutting?  He did a dance move🤪

Looked good against a guy who looks like he works behind the butchers counter. . .😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1