Rotoworld.com Forums

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Cutting? Where was the cutting?  He did a dance move🤪

Looked good against a guy who looks like he works behind the butchers counter. . .😂

I see a cut at :11 and then again at :13 - not sure what kind of dance moves you see.

The point is, he's moving very well without any restrictions.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rotoworld on Sunday:  the Redskins aren't likely to make Guice a workhorse in 2019 given his injury history. Guice is a bench stash and low-end flex play for those in trouble. Rotoworl

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

Competitive leagues don't have IR spots I think Callahan dramatically lowers his value. If it was still Gruden I'd be on the train. But Callahan is an old school coach that will likely stick wit

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

I see a cut at :11 and then again at :13 - not sure what kind of dance moves you see.

The point is, he's moving very well without any restrictions.

those were not cuts those were sidstep dance moves. . . in slow motion🤣

I suggest you watch to a guy doing REAL CUTS in the offseason not someone goofing off in a park moving at pop warner speed 👀

let us know when Guice to to this level of intense athletic NFL workouts

Edited by dashoe
36 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

See you in training camp bro.

i look forward to Guices healthy return but I will pass on him the redskins look like a complete trainwreck  with QB issues and no one to throw the ball to. 👏

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

i look forward to Guices healthy return but I will pass on him the redskins look like a complete trainwreck  with QB issues and no one to throw the ball to. 👏

Strange to not mention the one primary impediment to fantasy value for Guice - AP

7 hours ago, BMcP said:

Strange to not mention the one primary impediment to fantasy value for Guice - AP

I think his health is the primary issue  and AP is the X factor.  We know Guice was  the lead rb at the  start of the season and it's safe to assumme he will get significant touches  if healthy however we never saw his production as a starter. 

We also saw AP  physically wear down with the heavy workload last season and he limits their offense in terms of the passing game

AP could turn into the Frank Gore spoiler role and i'm going to say expect a  week to week frustrating rbbc as the coaches play the hot hand

Edited by dashoe
3 hours ago, dashoe said:

I think his health is the primary issue  and AP is the X factor.  We know Guice was  the lead rb at the  start of the season and it's safe to assumme he will get significant touches  if healthy however we never saw his production as a starter. 

We also saw AP  physically wear down with the heavy workload last season and he limits their offense in terms of the passing game

AP could turn into the Frank Gore spoiler role and i'm going to say expect a  week to week frustrating rbbc as the coaches play the hot hand

Maybe. Though, if Guice’s hands are white hot from the word go AP may be rubbing his together to keep warm all season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, Beersball said:

Plenty of time to recover and then gets over a year to learn from a HOF player in Peterson. I think he will be just fine.

2+ years if you consider last season as well. Even though he wasn't physically capable, I'm sure Guice absorbed as much as he could from AP. Talk about the ideal back to learn from.

19 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

What's fine? 1200 total yards 8 TDs?

If he stays healthy, I think that's fair for 2019. His floor is probably 1000 total yards and 6 TDs. Ceiling is more like 1500 total yards and 10 TDs. Wide range of outcomes.

21 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

*looks at calender* ......yeah I doubt he'll be 100% by September 

😐

You guys kill me, Guice has been posting his agility drills and rehab since January.  Nobody really cares about that, what people care about is seeing him in scrimmages and preseason games making his natural running moves with contact and defenses trying to stop him. That's when you know he is football ready for a long season, not agility drills 😂

13 hours ago, dashoe said:

You guys kill me, Guice has been posting his agility drills and rehab since January.  Nobody really cares about that, what people care about is seeing him in scrimmages and preseason games making his natural running moves with contact and defenses trying to stop him. That's when you know he is football ready for a long season, not agility drills 😂

Sure, but cutting like that at this point in the rehab process is a great sign considering it was an ACL tear (and a few setbacks to boot). The last step will be comfortability getting tackled and not being hesitant, but for now I don't see how this can be spun as anything but a positive.

Yeah it is definitely a huge positive for Guice. Look at how ecstatic and confident he is in his progress. His teammates are talking about him like he is the de facto #1 and the best player on the entire team. Setbacks could happen, but as of now his rehab situation is looking A+

1 hour ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Sure, but cutting like that at this point in the rehab process is a great sign considering it was an ACL tear (and a few setbacks to boot). The last step will be comfortability getting tackled and not being hesitant, but for now I don't see how this can be spun as anything but a positive.

The video that was posted was from May 2018. Last year before his injury. 

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

My focus is not will Guice play. Like I stated before he has been posting agility drills and his rehab since jan, what I care about is WHEN he will play and WHEN will he eventually takeover as the primary rb.  That's what will determine his value.

Is that week1 or week5 or week 10?

Dalvin cook  was cleared to take the primary role in week 1 but  he was unreliable until wk 11 last season as he struggled to get back to form and maintain health.

11 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

This video is from May 2018. 

Good catch looks like the poster missed that and i know i did. . 👁️.

it's probably easier just to check his social media and see his agility progress.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mr2Saint said:

Don't care much for Mike Clay, but 1150 total yards and 8 TDs sounds about right for Guice this season. Probably his floor.

Sounds right. His floor is obviously lower than that if he has Dalvin Cook type troubles returning to the field. But that would be his absolute floor if healthy. The hype wasn’t for no reason on this guy, he is an elite talent, similar to Cook in that regard I would say

Edited by elroypedro
11 hours ago, Mr2Saint said:

Don't care much for Mike Clay, but 1150 total yards and 8 TDs sounds about right for Guice this season. Probably his floor.

agreed.

though on one hand, if the offense is floundering between oft-injured players and poor play, they might give peterson the rock more and spare guice for future use.

on the other hand, the defense has improved significantly and should solidify each part of the field: mason foster, reuben foster, ryan kerrigan; matt ioannidis; landon collins (and we’ll see if josh norman steps up)

certainly smart moves at next week's draft will help, as will guice's solid work ethic.

On 4/17/2019 at 9:31 PM, dashoe said:

And you kill us with your complete inability to see the obvious. It’s April. By August he’ll be healed, hungry, rested and likely a 3rd rounder in most drafts worth their salt. He’s THAT talented. 

Edited by Joe Odam
2 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

By August he’ll be healed, hungry, rested and likely a 3rd rounder in most drafts worth their salt. He’s THAT talented. 

in addition to talent, the kid is a workhorse.

but i'm skeptical regarding use + offense. i do see the defense creating opportunity, yes. landon collins alone is good for a couple of picks, some forced fumbles, and sacks.

but colt mccoy, case keenum, or a rookie (or even all three throughout the year) won't lead this team to many victories. throw in a bunch of players due for injury in a city where the doctors appear to prescribe infection. unless this team turns it around, we might see more of adrian peterson in a timeshare, keeping guice for 2020.

with this in mind, i don't like the round 3 price tag. i'd sooner grab derrick henry in round 3. if henry's not there, i'd sooner go marlon mack, sony michel, phillip lindsay, devonta freeman, aaron jones, or take chris carson in rounds 4 or 5. right now, guice is at 5.01, a great get... but like you say, with every positive report we get approaching august, we watch him climb towards round 3, and then higher within round 3.

also, isn't he looking a little chubby around the sarcophagus region?

guice_foster_usat.jpg?itok=yceZixCi