PFReference: Zeke 6’0 228, Chubb 5’11 227

4 minutes ago, Bmore86 said:

Combine measurements: Zeke 6’0 225, Chubb 5’11 227

I'm bigger than both of those losers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

I'm bigger than both of those losers

Well, then maybe you should apply for the cushy job of being an RB in the NFL.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-22715-1381178578-0.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Bmore86 said:

Thank you for verifying.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Thank you for verifying.

Happy to have verified that Zeke isn’t bigger. Surprised you didn’t google it as adamant as you were.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bmore86 said:

Happy to have verified that Zeke isn’t bigger. Surprised you didn’t google it as adamant as you were.

If you have an opinion, why let facts get in the way of that?

• Like 1

Hey guys, is Chubb worth a top 25 pick this year? Even with hunt lurking? I hate that they signed him. I had this guy easily in the top 16 until that happened. Maybe ride him for 6 weeks and then trade him? I think what happens with him will change a lot of leagues. 

21 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Hey guys, is Chubb worth a top 25 pick this year? Even with hunt lurking? I hate that they signed him. I had this guy easily in the top 16 until that happened. Maybe ride him for 6 weeks and then trade him? I think what happens with him will change a lot of leagues. 

Hunt will be back Week 9. Trading Chubb away would be a mistake IMO. We'll all have to wait to see how Cleveland's season goes, but I'm on the side of the fence that says Nick Chubb will be having a nice year all season long, with or without Hunt. We haven't seen Hunt play with Cleveland, let alone play after an 8 week absence. So I'll gladly take the gamble that Chubb will still be effective Weeks 9-16, especially as a mid-to-late 2nd round pick.

Edit: I'd like to see trade options before I stick by my position 🤐

Edited by dropshadows

4 hours ago, Bmore86 said:

You literally just verified that he is. Im super confused and will just bow out of this one. 

Holy hell people they're about the same size. Can we move on or does someone seriously think enough electrons haven't been wasted on that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Well according to the video in this link Zeke is 230 .. it's a video of Zeke weighing himself to address the apparent weight rumors going on. 

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowbuzz-zeke-settles-all-weight-rumors

Good news for Zeke owners. I’ve always felt he puts on a few partying in the off-season then trims down through camp. Not unusual. He was looking extra thicccc in the Vegas video/pics but clearly nothing to worry about.

On 6/16/2019 at 6:06 AM, bomont said:

I think you are more than you realize, as we all have to be to some extent, meaning it factors into what value or interest you place on a player. Gurley not being the first or second highest-ranked RB this year is a perfect example.

I'm not so sure about that. I don't have Gurley top two either, but it's not because I'm anticipating him getting hurt. Rather, I'm projecting him for a full 16 games, however, I do anticipate him being on a snap count in those games and that's why he's not top two.

On 6/16/2019 at 6:25 AM, Lord_Varys said:

Did we really spend time comparing Damien Williams to Kareem Hunt? Williams did well and I expect he will continue to do so in 2019, but come on, people. That is a fool's errand.

So is drafting Hunt in the 9th round.  What do you expect to do with Hunt? The earliest you could dream of getting him in your lineup is week 10. Assuming Chubb is healthy you have a flex at best for the last 6 weeks. A 9th rounder? I'd sooner draft a defense.   A discussion on the merits of handcuffing as a strategy is one thing.... This is not that. 

Back to Chubb....  I challenge anyone to tell me why he is so different from Ezekiel Elliott.  When you look at projected volume, ability as a runner, untapped potential in the receiving game, touchdown upside...  Imagine if Zeke had Hunt behind him but suspended for 8 weeks.  Would he be going in the late 2nd round, as Chubb is now? The answer is an emphatic no. 

Nick Chubb continues to be undervalued, and Hunt overvalued, and many will look back in December and wonder why they couldn't see it. 

It's not even close. When I watch their respective highlights, I see much more talent in Zeke both rushing and as a pass catcher. Moreover, Zeke is in a system where you know he's the focal point of their offense and will definitely be getting the ball a whole lot. The Browns surely intend to spread the ball around much more, and they still have Duke getting some carries. How in the world are you possibly comparing Chubb to Zeke?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

I'm not so sure about that. I don't have Gurley top two either, but it's not because I'm anticipating him getting hurt. Rather, I'm projecting him for a full 16 games, however, I do anticipate him being on a snap count in those games and that's why he's not top two.

That's still factoring in injury concerns though, meaning you figure the team will lighten his load because of it.

On 6/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, Bmore86 said:

You can't really trust sizes listed on rosters either. The Jaguars, for instance have two players listed at 6-4... DJ Chark and Terrell Pryor... however, Chark is actually 6' 2 7/8" while Pryor is actually 6' 4 1/2". Go figure!

I look at combine heights which measure down to the eight accurately. Weights can change a bit, but heights change very little if at all.

In this case, Zeke is 5' 11 3/4" while Chubb is 5' 10 7/8".

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 5:57 PM, bomont said:

Holy hell people they're about the same size. Can we move on or does someone seriously think enough electrons haven't been wasted on that?

The speed is more important than the size anyhow. 

1 minute ago, bomont said:

That's still factoring in injury concerns though, meaning you figure the team will lighten his load because of it.

Sort of, but it's not the same as docking games for injury. It's just a matter of how they probably intend to play him since he's stuck making a whole lot of money for the next three years. They want him to earn his money but surely intend to try and extend his tanks by monitoring his reps more closely. It's injury-related, but it's not at all the same thing as you guys were talking about.

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

The speed is more important than the size anyhow. 

From combine...

Zeke - Low: 4.35  ... Official: 4.45 ... High: 4.55

Chubb - Low: 4.42 ... Official 4.52 ... High: 4.60

Hey guys,

Zeke is a top 4 pick.

Nick Chubb is not.

K, bye.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

You can't really trust sizes listed on rosters either. The Jaguars, for instance have two players listed at 6-4... DJ Chark and Terrell Pryor... however, Chark is actually 6' 2 7/8" while Pryor is actually 6' 4 1/2". Go figure!

I look at combine heights which measure down to the eight accurately. Weights can change a bit, but heights change very little if at all.

In this case, Zeke is 5' 11 3/4" while Chubb is 5' 10 7/8".

I’m not sure if this is meant to dispute what I said or not...but in case it is when it comes to NFL running backs being taller by less than an inch while weighing the same does not make you bigger. It makes you slightly taller. An inch matters in the literal version of a d*ck measuring contest that we’ve seen all too many times on this board. It doesn’t matter here.

Edited by Bmore86
  • Like 1

Anyone else concerned he still doesn’t seem to be back to 100%? Watching him last year compared to his highlights pre injury at Georgia- he doesn’t look fully recovered. I like the situation and potential discount with hunt looming, but on the off chance Chubb struggles or rather doesn’t impress, Browns coaches could very easily try out their fresh rb in Kareem hunt, who also happens to be very good. 

7 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Anyone else concerned he still doesn’t seem to be back to 100%? 

? Based on?

There's no reason to believe Chubb won't pick up where he left off last year IMO 

Edited by bomont